Pet Aggro Issues

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Pet Aggro Issues

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm not entirely sure where to put this [It kinda pertains to both Pet Discussion and WoW General. So feel free to move it!], but I'm curious if anyone else has been experiencing issues with a pet dropping all aggro on anything when hitting Bestial Wrath. I've been running around with my significant other the past week and every time I pop BW, my pet drops all aggro and whatever it's tanking runs directly to either me or my significant other's toon.

I've also per-emptively MD to my pet right before hitting BW and it does nothing to help alleviate the situation. Even if the pet growls, it will lose aggro two seconds later if it's still under the BW effects and won't regain it's aggro until BW is over. MD also seems to do nothing after BW is popped as well. I've tried it both ways.

My pets have been in DPS spec when this occurs. It happens when solo or grouped with another, that doesn't seem to matter. I've not tested it with a pet in tank spec as of yet. I'm also running with the Adaptation talent. Anyone else noticed this?

If it's intentional, that's fine. I'll just learn to work around it, but it makes for much longer fights on many of the rares when I'm more concerned with my pet holding aggro.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Pet Aggro Issues

Unread post by Tahlian »

Do you perhaps have the glyph of Endless Wrath equipped? I seem to recall something about that glyph causing pets to lose aggro for some reason. I don't have it equipped, as it happens, and haven't been having aggro problems at all...unless I happen to be an idiot and forget to turn my pet's Growl back on after I needed to turn it off for whatever reason. :)

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Actually, I do! I had to log in to double check, but yes, I do have it equipped. I'll try out a different glyph and see if that helps. Kinda sad if that's the case, since I took the glyph just so it'd be easier for me to solo things!

Edit: Went out and had a test and yep that was problem! Thank you muchly for the reply. I used to pop that to save my tank pets from dying while I was doing things in older raids, but I'll just work without it. :3 I'd rather my pets hold aggro when I'm doing things out in the world!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Yeah I didn't have that issue but I had noticed that growl doesn't seem to have the bite it once did. I use to be in suv and my pet would hold aggro unless I rattled off a couple of large crits.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

hmm seem i need to remove my glyph and check.
Ive been haveing aggro issues all the time even outside of Bestial wrath.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I dunno about you guys, but my pet seems to always have issues keeping agro now. I can pull off of him pretty easily as a BM hunter. Plus growl doesn't even work on bosses so when doing old stuff, I'm usually tanking. It feels like growl has been nerfed alot, especially after turning it into a taunt (I wish it was the old growl personally). I realize this is probably because of idiots who leave growl on in dungeons, it happens on occasions, I've done it myself when not paying attention, but did the whole thing need to be nerfed because of that? I dunno, but it sucks sometimes when, even as BM, my pet can't keep agro. Having to spam MD gets tedious after a while.