BM solo/questing

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

BM solo/questing

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

G'day!
My Beast Master Hunter does mostly solo questing, treasure hunting, pet battles and exploring. The days of dungeons and raids are long past. They no longer interest me.

I have played around with my pet stable, and come up with a list that seems to suit my playstyle for Draenor.
With the changes, I have found that the Tenacity pets are better for solo work. On Timeless Isle, I used mostly Ferocity pets for the quicker fights.
Tenacity: Shale spider!!! I have used the Clefthoof, but the Shale Spider does better.
Cunning: Ant Silithid (the others look fuggly)
Ferocity: Core Hound, Devilsaur.

I have taken into account the buffs that the pets offer, and chosen what suits a party of one Hunter.

What are your choices for your everyday pet?
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: BM solo/questing

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I tend to use whatever I feel like looking at, and don't feel too pressured about min/maxing stats. My current active five are:

Image Image Image Image Image

I'm still running normal dungeons, and typically use either my hydra or my spirit beast, depending on whether I want the heal or not.

I sometimes swap out my worm and ravager for...

Image Image

... if I feel they need to get out of the stable and stretch their legs. ;)
Rohanz

Unread post by Rohanz »

For soloing and questing in BM I still use a turtle.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I still use a ferocity specced Spirit Beast for just about everything. I see little need for tenacity but in the rare occasions when it might help, I use my fairly newly acquired Clefthoof. I never cared for the Shale Spiders. My active pets, other than the Spirit Beast are there mostly because of their appearance. As BM, I find the mastery buff to be very beneficial with crit trailing somewhat and the others mostly bleh. Multistrike would be good too but I think mastery is best for BM.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Ah right, I forgot to mention that all of my pets are Ferocity specc'd, save for the worm. I use him for farming (rounding up a bunch of mobs and then gunning them down) or for killing elites. I don't think I've ever kept any as Cunning.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am not a min/maxer, but enjoy using pets that I like the look of. I find for soloing that any pet works just fine, usually tenacity/ferocity specced, I actually only have I think one cunning specced pet and that's my Zolkalter (who had originally been a scorpion but one of the expansions changed the ID to silithids)

Ever since my beginning as a hunter, the hyena has been my companion (back when we had 3 pet limit and learned abilities from other pets!)
So Nanaki is always with me, we are partners.

Other members of our team rotate on occasion, I tend to keep one pet as tenacity, usually my Barret (Terropene), but right now I am giving Tonberry a try.

Bach'lor has always been on the top of my list of thing's I've wanted to tame, so when talbuks became tamable, Ramuh joined my team.

With Dreanor came another really awesome looking pet, the Hydrakes (that's my name for them and I am sticking to it!), so I added Bahamut to the team.

My last spot is currently held by a (new skinned) Raptor, my newest tame so I am goiving him a try. As of yet unnamed.

However I do find I miss the spirit beast heals (Ultima or Cetra), and when raiding/dungeoning miss my Quilen (APS), and my Turtle (Barret) which along with Nanaki made up the bulk of my team since cata.
Image/ImageImageImage

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Makoes wrote:(back when we had 3 pet limit and learned abilities from other pets!)
Totally off topic, but OMG I had forgotten all about that! Man, I remember trucking my butt into... what was it, old school UBRS? Just so I could tame a worg for bite 3 or something like that. Had to remind my guild repeatedly so they would leave a worg alive for me to tame! Not to mention running all over creation to find beasts to teach you certain skills (often going clear across Azeroth before even having any sort of mount). That was kind of fun, actually. ;)
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

For Soloing/Questing I use either a spirit beast, usually Banthalos or I use my old favorite since the beginning: Echeyakee (white lion skin).

The only reason I use the spirit beast is for the super convenient self-heal.

I've tried using tenacity pets to level before, but in my opinion it's not worth the loss of dps when everything dies so quickly. Even good size packs of mobs for farming die really fast with a ferocity pet. I don't see any need to use a tenacity pet.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

There's only one pet who almost exclusively stays in my main five - my maggot, Ahmatti. The rest all get switched around randomly, though I do have my favorites. XD Typically, my line-up looks like this:

Ahmatti (Finnish for "Glutton")

Kerberos (What the name Cerberos was based off of - it means "Spot")

Nakk (Named after Nakk the Thunderer, my first WoD rare mount) or (Still Unnamed) Clefthoof
Image Image

Fia (Scottish for "Dark of Peace")

Percy (Nasty bird!)

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)