6.1 pet changes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

6.1 pet changes

Unread post by pop »

Basilisks now have a pet family ability. Stone Scales reduces damage taken by the pet. Previously, Basilisks did not have a pet family ability.

Hydra pets should no longer be excessively large. This one makes me sad.

Spirit Beast's Spirit Beast Blessing now also provides a 5% increase to critical strike chance. Does not stack with other critical strike chance buffs. Previously, other exotic pet families provided buffs to 2 stats while Spirit Beasts provided only 1.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: 6.1 pet changes

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Awww. I didn't think that hydras were that big. I use the WoD models though so I don't know how they compare.

If they want to shrink things, maybe they should consider the random beast we summon - it always picks the biggest beast possible when I'm in the cramped confines of Grimiron Railroad. Having problems seeing? Here's a giant riverbeast butt to add on top of that. You're welcome! XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for posting those :)

I was a bit confused by the hydras thing too. I use a hydra a bit and it's definitely not too big. Clefthooves are way bulkier and more annoying, but they couldn't reduce those further without them looking silly.

Update: my Azeroth purple hydra looks the same size on the ptr. So maybe it's specific ones or the new model.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I agree - I'm currently using Chimaeron and it doesn't look too large at all, in my opinion. If anything, I wish they'd reduce the frequency of its idle noise. The constant groaning and hissing gets to be really irritating sometimes.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Hopefully, it's only the Hydras summoned by Dire beast that get shrunk. Some of the other Dires could also use it.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Rhyela wrote:I agree - I'm currently using Chimaeron and it doesn't look too large at all, in my opinion. If anything, I wish they'd reduce the frequency of its idle noise. The constant groaning and hissing gets to be really irritating sometimes.
I just tamed Chimaeron today and I agree 100%. I had no idea he made so much noise. But both he and my WoD hydra don't seem too large at all... especially next to a rhino or clefthoof.