Pets in 6.1?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Pets in 6.1?

Unread post by Stephen »

Was just curious if any of you guys are messing around on the 6.1 PTR and have you been able to tame anything new?

I haven't seen any new skins on MMO-Champion and they are always the first to datamine stuff, but I am curious about that ghostly lion skin, if per chance that has been made tameable (or anything else) on the PTR.

Sorry if there is already a thread. I couldn't find one.

Thanks!
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Re: Pets in 6.1?

Unread post by erictks1 »

I did found a spirit lion in game , please visit my post and support it if u want it to be tamable :) we need support to push this through. Thanks
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are no new skins so far unless I've missed something. There are a few new beasts (ravagers, wasps and things) in the database, but nothing with a new look yet and really not that many. Then again, almost every colour of every model introduced in 6.0 is already tameable. There are just a few notable exceptions and most of them are "fancy" looks that they might be holding back on.

Does anyone know the theme of 6.1? Are there any new areas? The patch was released when I was away and I haven't looked at the notes that closely, but so far I can't see any theme to it at all. It kinda feels like "more of the same but with improvements". Maybe it's just a minor release.

EDIT: this may be more to do with mounts than pets, but one kinda new thing I noticed is that there's a reference in the database to a skin called "saber2mount", and it is assigned to a new model (which I can't see and don't know the shape of, I just know it's new). As far as I can tell no such skin has ever existed in the database. I can't find the actual file, just the reference, so maybe there's a new mount model coming and they were premature with the reference. It seems odd they'd add yet another new tiger mount but it's not impossible, in which case maybe a new sabertooth cat is coming. But maybe it's going to be a saberon as a mount? Who knows ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Only thing I noticed is that two wasp are ravagers: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=90314#. http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=89837#.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Keilden wrote:Only thing I noticed is that two wasp are ravagers: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=90314#. http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=89837#.
Good catch.

I should move the pet bugs thread out from the beta forum (some of the bugs are still valid) so we can add new stuff and keep track of errors we find.
Stephen

Unread post by Stephen »

Yeah I'm reading more of the same Wain.

Seems like mostly quality-of-life improvements like the heirloom tab and Garrison touch-ups as well as profession improvements, character model tweeks etc.

The only thing that actually looks like significant content to me is the Blackrock raid and the continuation of the legendary questline. I think there may also be some new mini pets for collectors.

All-in-all seems a little lackluster. Maybe this is just a minor content patch;seems a little empty. I'm not complaining though-I still have tons of stuff to do and I've barely touched my alts.
Stephen

Unread post by Stephen »

erictks1 wrote:I did found a spirit lion in game , please visit my post and support it if u want it to be tamable :) we need support to push this through. Thanks
Do you have a post on the WoW forums? I would love to add my support. I love the lion models and have always wished for more skin options with them.

I'm particularly surprised that the Sambas model only has one color/skin whereas the equivalent Horde scorpion model has several color/skin variations.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I revived the pets bugs / untameables thread here:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 54&t=23195

... and added the two ravager-wasps.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Stephen wrote:Yeah I'm reading more of the same Wain.

Seems like mostly quality-of-life improvements like the heirloom tab and Garrison touch-ups as well as profession improvements, character model tweeks etc.
Character model tweaks? Do you have any specifics on that? Just curious, is all. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think there's a specific thread for it but the highlights are: draenei eyes glow again, male human beards look less like you're eating a hedgehog, female gnomes have gotten some sleep finally, human females eyes no longer look like they're really eager to eat your shoes. And male nelfs have lost their perky Baywatch run (which kinda makes me sad, tbh).

I suspect we're gonna get the belf models with this patch too since the skins showed up awhile back.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:
Stephen wrote:Yeah I'm reading more of the same Wain.

Character model tweaks? Do you have any specifics on that? Just curious, is all. :)
Here's a thread Rhyela! :)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=23181
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Keilden wrote:Only thing I noticed is that two wasp are ravagers: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=90314#. http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=89837#.

Well, it's technically correct, ehehe.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vephriel wrote: Here's a thread Rhyela! :)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=23181
Thank you, Vephriel! And yay, I am so excited to hear about these changes! I was fine with the draenei eyes, but some of these other changes will definitely be an improvement. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Stephen

Unread post by Stephen »

Same here, I didn't think the Draenei needed any tweaks, but they look good in 6.1 too. I am very happy they toned down the skipping night elf run animation. :D
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Basilisks now have a pet family ability. Stone Scales reduces damage taken by the pet. Previously, Basilisks did not have a pet family ability.
Hydra pets should no longer be excessively large.
Spirit Beast's Spirit Beast Blessing now also provides a 5% increase to critical strike chance. Does not stack with other critical strike chance buffs. Previously, other exotic pet families provided buffs to 2 stats while Spirit Beasts provided only 1.

Well, it isn't multistrike (I was really hoping to get a MS pet that wasn't so damn flappy) but at least basilisks now have something. And SBs are no longer gimped compared to other exotics. Kinda sad they're shrinking hydras though; I like my hydra the size it is.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Any tome of dinomancy version 2.0? Special taming skill for hunter
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Not as far as I've seen.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

No tomes far as I know.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hope the next thing will be a legendary beast ... With some
Shinning and sparkling aura to show off :) ... But I think this won't happen... Sadly
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Shrinking Hydras?! Nooooo...they looked great next to my male draenei right now...stop shrinking pets!