A little something cool & a "oh how I wish"

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

A little something cool & a "oh how I wish"

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I was going through the Talador quest line on my alliance main and while in Deathweb Hollow I came across these moths and some owls horribly stuck in webs. Feeling bad for the little moth I tamed one. And something interesting happened. The poor thing didn't seem to realize it'd been freed of it's stick bonds.

It will fight this way. Run with you etc. The ............ effect ......... I guess you could call it ......... DOES NOT stick around. Upon being dismissed and recalled the moth realizes it's FFFREEEEEE and flies accordingly. But the effect is pretty neat looking.

And then there's this I stumbled upon. I've never seen them mention. Probably because they're undead I think. But I about fell off my Talbuk when I saw it.
A SPIRIT DEMON DOG!!!!!!!!
I mean LOOK AT THIS!!!!
Image*flail*
Lord almighty what I wouldn't give to have that be tamable! I should start a PLEASE GAWD BLIZZARD MAKE THESE TAMABLE THREAD! I shall stare at them daily now. And hope.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: A little something cool & a "oh how I wish"

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Awww, poor moths.

And yeah! I love those ghostly dogs. Would be a great look for a spirit beast, methinks.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

how do you get to talador? i got two lvl 100s none of them have gotten quest to that area yet... and poor moths

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I'm not sure about Horde, I have yet to level one of my toons in WoD, but for Alliance they usually give you quests to go there around level 93 or 94 I think? Normally it's the zone you do when you finish Gorgron. If I'm not mistaken the quest is at your garrison's billboard. From what I can understand they wanted us to do zones this way:

Frostfire Ridge/Shadowmoon Valley -> Gorgron -> Talador -> Spires of Arak -> Nagrand

Unfortunately we level up a LOT faster than the intended level we need to be to do those zones in order, so it's quite easy to skip one or two zones while leveling up to 100.
ImageImage
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Huh, I never skipped any zones.. I must be doing something wrong - XD
Yes I'd suggest checking your hero board - or the Lady nearby - I can't remember.
They might have the Talador quest if you haven't checked - or done it yet

I LOVE that spirit demon dog, He looks Super Cool! I'd totally tame one if they ever became pets.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hmm im allience and i havent got the talador questline yet...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

@Tarn - I hit level 100 WAY before finishing everything. I told myself that FOR ONCE I would full finish a zone before moving on to the next. So I completed EVERY quest line in Shadowmoon Valley, then went to Gorgrond, did all the quests there then went to Spires of Arak. I finish SoA and then had the next quest to head to Talador. I honestly do not remember exactly when I got the quest to go to Talador. I want to say the quests line for the zone started in Fort Wrynn. I had a quest to fly there. Sorry I know that's not much help but it may be.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Doh i comfused Talador with Taanan jungle.. ive done Talador.. but not the jungle :oops: :oops: :lol:

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

the trapped owls and warpstalkers do the same aswell, owl just does the *fein death* effect, and the warp stalker does the *stunned* feature. but once dismissed/loged off they go back to normal.

its fun to run arround all day with the pets like this for the fun of it XD
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

If they are ever going to do a spirit dog for taming, I would really want them to use the charhound model instead (since it doesn't seem we'll ever get one as a normal pet anyway due to them being classified as elemental/demon) .

Although seeing that the model is also used for demons warlocks will probably get them before we do :cry: