Pets in 6.1?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Pets in 6.1?

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

The hydras aren't THAT big honestly, but their Dire Beast conterparts are insanely huge. Those needed to be reduced in size, not the tamed pets. But I guess a lot of people who don't play hunters can't tell the difference between a tamed pet and the Dire Beast summoned ones.
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It could just be changing that. I don't use DB (and am not actually on the ptr) so they might just be changing the summoned versions. Someone on the PTR should check.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Time to bug the hell out of Muffins if you've got something in mind...

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Any plans on adding new odd pets for hunters to tame in 6.1? thanks in advance.
Anything in 6.0 that you can't tame that you want to tame? (Muffinus)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Do you have a link? :)

Never mind. Link is here:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/556262206111637506
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't use Twitter. Could someone ask for tamable armored clefthoofs? We have access to the worgs, and even rylaks, but I was really disappointed to find all the armored clefthooves are untamable.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:I don't use Twitter. Could someone ask for tamable armored clefthoofs? We have access to the worgs, and even rylaks, but I was really disappointed to find all the armored clefthooves are untamable.
All but one of the armoured clefthoof colours are tameable! If you mean the saddled ones that look like armour, anyway. Unless you meant to type armoured boars. Those aren't :(
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, the saddled ones. They weren't, last I checked. Well... lobby for the boars, then, haha. Now I have to go hunt down some clefthoofs.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:Yeah, the saddled ones. They weren't, last I checked. Well... lobby for the boars, then, haha. Now I have to go hunt down some clefthoofs.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/clefthoof.html

All except the blue one (and the Iron Horde fancy one) are tameable. I use the red one and he looks awesome :)
Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

Rather disappointed that the Spirit Beasts got Crit.

Right now I have on me at all times for buffs:
Worm (Stats & Versatility)
Spirit Beast (Mastery & now crit)(Loque'nahak is my favorite pet, so he's always on me.)
Quilen (Combat Res & Crit)
Rylak (Stamina & Haste)
Water Strider (Spell power & Crit)

I really want an excuse to use Loque besides for Mastery. Ahh well.
Nachtwulf wrote:I don't use Twitter. Could someone ask for tamable armored clefthoofs? We have access to the worgs, and even rylaks, but I was really disappointed to find all the armored clefthooves are untamable.
I specifically linked to the page featuring all the pets currently not tameable in Draenor (as a bonus, hoping they read the glitches mentioned on there as well). I also mentioned the Spirit Lion, Some MoP Bosses, Kunchong, and Kok'kron wolves.

Really would love Kunchongs though, and for them to placed in the Silithid family, as there's no skins I really like in there right now.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, I don't know why they weren't put there to start with, tbh. I'm not a mad fan (plus I'll lay money that horrible zone-reaching screech they make will stay on them so they're as bad as thornspiders) but I know people do like them and more variety is good.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

The best changes are the change to the now terrible NE male run and the addition of a 5% crit bonus to the Spirit Beast Blessing. I almost always have Gara at my side these days and never worry about bringing buffs to a party. They take what they get and like it. :D. Everything I could bring is always covered anyway and I like the added survivability a Spirit Beast with his heal macroed to me provides. The crit will be a big help to solo content. I have enough multistrike from enchants, scopes, and trinket procs.

It seems from what I've seen on Twitter and elsewhere that at the moment, there are no new tameables in 6.1.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kuchongs pleeeeease

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I don't have an account, either, but I'd love to be able to tame those purple spirit wolves and birds in Shadowmoon, around the Burial Fields. I'm pretty sure they're labelled as beasts (I'd have to double-check), but they are currently untameable. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Rhyela wrote:I don't have an account, either, but I'd love to be able to tame those purple spirit wolves and birds in Shadowmoon, around the Burial Fields. I'm pretty sure they're labelled as beasts (I'd have to double-check), but they are currently untameable. :(
The birds okay but not the wolves. Having them be tameable would devalue Gara.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

But they don't look anything like Gara! Well, I don't think so. Gara has that shimmery purple effect, like water reflections at the bottom of a pool, and she's opaque. The spirit wolves are transparent and an entirely different shade of purple. They're somewhat pinkish.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Rhyela wrote:But they don't look anything like Gara! Well, I don't think so. Gara has that shimmery purple effect, like water reflections at the bottom of a pool, and she's opaque. The spirit wolves are transparent and an entirely different shade of purple. They're somewhat pinkish.
I'll have to go look at them again. It's been a while since I've gone near the place.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, you can ignore most of what I just said. The blue ones are aberrations and cannot be tamed. The void-torn kaliri CAN be tamed already; however, they lose their purple effect upon taming. The purple wolves I'm talking about are the ones that Mother Om'ra summons when you fight her. They are labelled as beasts, but are currently not tameable. Something tells me that even if they were, they would also lose their effect upon taming. :( Oh well.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020115_173544.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020115_173544.jpg (216.29 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
WoWScrnShot_020115_174017.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020115_174017.jpg (184.69 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
WoWScrnShot_020115_174101.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020115_174101.jpg (176.38 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, I noticed that. The 'ghost' effect found on mobs in shadowmoon is an overlay, like the shaman ghost wolf form, and not intrinsic to the model; therefore if you tame them it drops off like all other overlays/effects do now. Even if you could tame the wolves they'd probably just be black ones like most of the others in SMV.

I was already disappointed by the kaliri, qq.