WANTED!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: WANTED!

Unread post by Tankperson »

zedxrgal wrote:Do you have screen shots of the tame Tankperson??? Unfortunately if you don't we cannot take your word as proof that Chilltongue himself is tamable. His family I am fairly certain is. But the beast himself I am willing to bet will give the error message that he's already controlled like Thunderhoof is.
I don't I he's lvl 93 and I was only 92 but beast lore says he was and I don't have any hunters any where near that level in the works.
kiihunts

Unread post by kiihunts »

I am at this quest right now and hit the beast lore on Chilltongue and he IS listed as tameable. I abandoned the quest so I can go back and tame him... by the time I registered that he was tameable he was already dead LOL so I abandoned. ETA: I'm leveling right now so I can go back and get the tame. I'm 92 so not long.

Ok... latest update... I hit 93 and went back and he is tough. The mechanics have a push back that interrupts the tame. Plus there's nothing you can do about the other npc's killing him at the same time. I'm going to level up higher and then try again. I'm thinking bring a friend so he focuses on them while the tame is going on maybe? Would have to be someone high enough to live but low enough that they don't one shot him.

~Kii
Last edited by kiihunts on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

When you beast lore a creature who's family is tamable it will show as such. However upon attempting to tame you'll get a message saying "Creature is already controlled" and you will not be able to tame.
Chilltongue is actually labeled a chimaera. He's labeled as chimera2pale which is the exact same skin as the Icewing Drift-hunter which is tamable. So yes beast loring Chilltongue will show tamable but you'll get an error when attempting to tame. Just like with Thunderhoof. The clefthoof family and "ClefthoofDraenor_Pale" skins is tamable while Thunderhoof is not.

Beast lore shows the tamability of the family as a whole not the creature itself. You have to actually hit tame to see if a specific named beast is tamable.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

kiihunts

zedxrgal wrote:When you beast lore a creature who's family is tamable it will show as such. However upon attempting to tame you'll get a message saying "Creature is already controlled" and you will not be able to tame.
Chilltongue is actually labeled a chimaera. He's labeled as chimera2pale which is the exact same skin as the Icewing Drift-hunter which is tamable. So yes beast loring Chilltongue will show tamable but you'll get an error when attempting to tame. Just like with Thunderhoof. The clefthoof family and "ClefthoofDraenor_Pale" skins is tamable while Thunderhoof is not.

Beast lore shows the tamability of the family as a whole not the creature itself. You have to actually hit tame to see if a specific named beast is tamable.
This is incorrect. I am able to attempt the tame and the hearts show up... no error message. Have you actually tried this or are you basing this on general info?
zedxrgal

kiihunts wrote:This is incorrect. I am able to attempt the tame and the hearts show up... no error message. Have you actually tried this or are you basing this on general info?
If you completed the tame please post screen shots of chilltongue being tamed. And no it is correct. Beast lore has ALWAYS worked that way. Look at my screen shots on the first page of this thread where I attempted the tame on Tunderhoof. The first screen shot shows him as being tamable. I hit tame he came running over and then got the error that he's already controlled.
This IS NOT to say Chilltongue isn't tamable. Please reread what I said.

I've been playing since 04 and beast lore has always shown as the family as a whole. If it didn't Thunderhoof would show as "Cannot be tamed".

You have to attempt and complete the tame for the specific beast to be tamable. When my horde main did this quest line Chilltongue came back as controlled. I did not get screen shots at the time so I have not posted anything and there's been several patches since then and things could have changed. I've not had time to run my horde alt through to check again. So if you are able to get the tame on Chilltongue ........ GREAT. Please post screen shots. But beast lore DOES show tamability of the family as a whole not the individual creature.

kiihunts

zedxrgal wrote:So yes beast loring Chilltongue will show tamable but you'll get an error when attempting to tame. Just like with Thunderhoof.
This is the part I was referring to when I said it was incorrect.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It sounds like the tame is genuinely going off but the battle itself is making it difficult. Cool work :) Hopefully you can grab him :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal

CHILLTONGUE TAMED! But. It IS NOT easy.
Warning! May use fowl language toward the end of my post!

So my gobbie gal hit 93 and started the Grom'gar line to get in there. Finally get the quest and tried for ................... three and a half hours. Yup. He is that hard to tame. The whole issue here is that Durotan and Ga'nar have aggro on him 98% of the time. It's near impossible to get aggro long enough to make the tame. I feel I got stupidly lucky. So let me despense with the screen shots and then. I'll spill my guts on the details.
WoWScrnShot_022615_231043.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022615_231043.jpg (252.69 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
WoWScrnShot_022615_231057.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022615_231057.jpg (269.78 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Most attempts were met with either my death or chilltongues. However there are a few helpful things, well maybe, that I noticed. Obviously clearing the whole room before the conversation with Fenris does help. In some of my attempts the addons were spawned in others none did. No addons made things easier because I wasn't being rooted often or at all. Chilltongue can be frost trap but obviously .............. broken as soon as either Durotan or Ga'nar hit him. Having a pet already to taunt him does help. I used trash piggies because thunder stomp and growl combined seemed to really help and the good old pet abandon macro. However more than once I ran out of piggies and had to abandon the quest and start over. The timing has to be so spot on and perfect it's easy to get wrong. In the end I just gave up on the pet abandon attempts because even though it really helped to get aggro I would run out of my five piggies. In the attempt where the tame actually went off I noticed a few things. So use these as pointers I guess.
Chilltongue's Icy Blast will put his aggro on you and in the time he casts this you can attempt the tame then. The catch is that you have to time it PERFECTLY and move from the center of the blast before it hits you otherwise 50% of your health is gone. I would have aggro on him during this attack between 3-6 seconds. I was mashing Tame Beast (my #2 hot key) while waiting for him to cast it. As soon as I saw the bar I'd wait until just before the ice ball hits and either run or disengage. Breaks the tame but keeps your health.
One trick was getting Fenris involved in the fight. Which oddly was also not easy. Some attempt he'd cooperate. Others he'd stand there. Multiple times he went straight for Durotan and Ga'nar (sometimes he didn't) and that would pull aggro off chilltongue long enough to attempt again.
The main thing is. As soon as you stand still start mashing tame beast and stop once he starts to turn which can be very difficult because it can happen very quickly.

Things you will need:
Health potions
Food
Potion of Speed (not tested yet)

Health potions are obvious. But I found that during the fight you can feign death and eat to regain lost health. Not the best option but better to do this and get some health back then running back from a death cause you are not close to your corpse. The potion of speed I have not tested yet but they WILL help I'm 90% sure since they reduce you tame beast cast time.

Of note. Chilltongue seems to not die quickly if just Durotan and Ga'nar are attacking him. So if you want to shoot him a time or three it's usually ok. He only died when I was very actively shooting him trying for aggro.

Ladies and gentleman this beastie IS a true trick tame!! You have to have haste, accuracy and perfect timing and a lot of luck. But it's doable and solo if you persevere.

Now you may be wonder why there's no posing screen shots. Well. Here's where I'm probably going to curse. The tame goes off and I am getting ready to target Fenris and ..................... lag ........................ crash ............. disconnected from server. F%^k. :evil: I tried for 15 minutes to get back in all the while flipping out and in tears. I finally get in and I am dead. I race back to by body and respawn and the room was eerily empty. Hit revive pet. No pet. Go to summon. No pet to summon. I freak and was VERY angry. Three and a half hours wasted. Gone. All that work. I shed tears over this feeling totally defeated. Then I remember I have two screen shots and HOPE by submitting a ticket he might be there but in hiding. Sent Blizzard the screen shots. Response. No can do. This blew my mind because CLEARLY HE'S TAMED!!! Screen shot is right f-ing there! They're sorry they don't know what happened blah-fucking-blah-blah.
Thankfully the quest didn't complete and I was able to abandon it. I am now VERY determined to get him. I will get some potions of speed and try that.
But. He's tamable.

If you've not done this quest yet and fancy a challenging tame give Chilltongue a shot.

Hopefully I wil have great news tonight or tomorrow in this accomplishment of a tough - tricky tame.[/color]

Shootix
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Shootix »

Icewing Drift-Hunter are tamable, just tamed mine, lvl 92, requires you to level to 92 without a garrison. :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for checking! Will update when I get back.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shootix

Unread post by Shootix »

It's kind of cute, it looks exactly like the one that transports you around from your garrison. :D

Shootix

Unread post by Shootix »

Chilltongue "could" theoretically be tamed (chimera by beast lore, tame starts) but the 2 NPCs will do their best to annoy you by keeping aggro on him.

Tried pulling aggro off them by distracting shot, pet tanking, misdirecting, but neither seems to work. The short time he does turn to you 2-3 seconds at most, will not let you finish the tame. (6 seconds, glyphed).