Patch 6.2 Hunter Q&A

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

What "would" you want to see in Tanaan Jungles Patch?

New Challenge Tames
8%
New Pet Family
33%
Some Glitched Pets (Like Oil Soaked Wolf)
4%
Beast Master Spec with dual pets for combat perk
8%
Eyes of the Beast Return
13%
A Free One Time Use Pass to tame any pet you want permanently regardless of it being untameable or not.
13%
Pet CC & DoTs Back like Venom Web Spray or rake which cats had at one point I believe.
No votes
ALL
21%

Total votes: 24

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Patch 6.2 Hunter Q&A

Unread post by Takanuka »

1.) What spells would you want to be returned if you had any to choose?

2.) Would you want Mana back instead of Focus?

3.) Would it be unfair or a nice perk for a rare to have a permanent buff or unique ability for its unique challenge that it retains after taming?

4.) Anyone know why they never added duel pistol gun weapons into wow but got rifle modeled guns )-:?

5.) Anyone else think boss pets should've kept their boss icon for the level as a visual perk?

6.) Finally would it be possible or neat to add a honor buff or something that when someone is in the middle of Taming a pet makes the pet immune to being killed because they didn't "tag" first so you can't have?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Patch 6.2 Hunter Q&A

Unread post by Quiv »

Eyes of the Beast is one of my biggest wishes for all of WoW, let alone pet related wishes, so my answer was a bit skewed.

Had that not been there, it would have been new family. Other than that, making skins of existing families tameable, such as the primordial direhorns.

1- Eyes of the Beast, Volley
2- Not in the least. Wish they would tweak steady/cobra shot to reward some focus even if the target dies before the shot reaches him. Thats annoying.
3- I wouldn't care as long as it didn't make the pet mandatory.
4- No. They've not added a new weapon class in a loooooooong time though.
5- Its neither here nor there for me personally, but I don't see the harm as long as it doesn't cause legit disruption or confusion to players.
6- Thats a huge debate. Pets don't belong to us simply because we are taming, but intentionally killing a pet mid-tame is probably one of the most despicable things a player can do to a hunter in-game imo. Not sure how to consolidate the two.
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

You know now that we have barrage I don't miss volley so much. Would love to have eyes of the beast back. But out off all those choices above, I want a free one time pass. There are fire wolves in blackrock foundry I'd die to have.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

1) Eyes of the Beast as a purely cosmetic/fun spell - not able to be used in battlegrounds and/or the pet can't attack. I'd also either like Volley back or Barrage to be fixed so it stops hitting mobs I didn't want it to hit in the distance... :oops:

2) No.

3) I think most of the nice perks they're thinking of are just rare models. Even when doing the glitch tames, the difficulty of execution was hindered by the slowness of the person's connection and the split-second timing it demanded. I'd rather they focus their energy into making a complete way to tame pets with appearance buffs but not damage.

4) At this point, there would be little point. Only hunters use guns - having pistol drops like daggers would be pointless. They could add in something like a special "rifle" that when mogged looks like you're holding two guns, but would be difficult to do and their idea of a hunter is a long-range attacker (sniper); pistols are more close-ranged.

5) No, I think that would just be confusing to people not in the know.

6) Ah, the tricky question. The issue with making a pet invulnerable while being tamed is that hunters could potentially use it to troll. Trying to kill some beast mob for your quest? Hunter comes up and keeps taming, then breaking the tame over and over so you can never kill it. You move on, he follows you ect ect. Doing away with the channel entirely would have the same effect - swoop in, tame it out from under someone in a second, ect. I'd rather see something like Kung Din, where you're taken into a vehicular mode with the mob, even if someone else is attacking it. You fight for your life/befriend it, and even if someone else has killed the original mob in this time, if you come out of the vehicular combat victorious, you have the pet's model as a pet now because you 'tapped' the living mob for a tame. This would open it up for multiple hunters to get the pet, instead of fighting over it now.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

1. Totally Eyes of the Beast
2. Nope, I actually enjoy Focus way more than Mana
3. I think it'd be neat if a Challenge Tame had its own ability, but then people would whine about it being the only "viable" pet regardless of the ability itself
4 and 5: N/A
6. It'd definitely help, but then you would probably have people constantly casting tame beast on a rare spawn so others can't get the loot off it or to save it for their friend, like a game of keep-away.

As for the poll, I'd love a 1-time tame anything pass. I'd totally either get a Giraffe or one of the fire dogs from Firelands.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Takanuka wrote:1.) What spells would you want to be returned if you had any to choose?

3.) Would it be unfair or a nice perk for a rare to have a permanent buff or unique ability for its unique challenge that it retains after taming?

4.) Anyone know why they never added duel pistol gun weapons into wow but got rifle modeled guns )-:?

5.) Anyone else think boss pets should've kept their boss icon for the level as a visual perk?

6.) Finally would it be possible or neat to add a honor buff or something that when someone is in the middle of Taming a pet makes the pet immune to being killed because they didn't "tag" first so you can't have?
1.) I may be considered crazy but I miss the loyalty feature when a new pet is tamed. It seemed a lot more realistic to have to gain it's trust

2.) Not at all, focus is much better and Hunters should have had it from the start.

3.) It might be nice for a rare to retain something but not if it made it overpowered or a pet that every Hunter had to have.

4.) Hunters, even in the real world, rarely hunt with pistols so I'm okay without them. We're Hunters, not Gunslingers. I think of my Hunter as just that, a Hunter, who because of circumstances, has been pressed into service as a soldier where his skills with ranged weapons and beast control can be very advantageous against the enemy.

5.) Simply put, no.

6.) I wouldn't think so.

For the poll, I voted for a new pet family.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i cant choose 1!!!

New Pet Family
Beast Master Spec with dual pets for combat perk
Eyes of the Beast Return < blizzard kills our fun -_-
A Free One Time Use Pass to tame any pet you want permanently regardless of it being untameable or not. < that :o

so i picked all... but i only picked these ones :P
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

1.) What spells would you want to be returned if you had any to choose?
I think that (like others) Eyes of the Beast returning would be amazing. I do prefer Volley also. But that could also just be my nostalgic side talking.

Nope. Focus is better because hunters aren't casters. :lol:

It could be fair if it was appearance based only. Having damage etc perk would take it back to the days when if you didn't have a specific pet in a raid or whatnot you were IMMEDIATELY booted because that was the must have pet. Having those types of things on pets would make the current pets system no longer balanced. At least that's my view. Yes you still have the "this pet is better for this" issue but it is NO WHERE near as bad as back in the day.

I would suspect it's because we're hunters. Not rangers. Yes there is a difference. But it could also be a game mechanics issue. More than likely it's both.

Yes. I supported this back when players went crazy because The Beast was losing his boss tag. I do "get it" why it was fixed. Him keeping it was a glitch and was not intended. But still I miss it. Part of me felt disgruntled it was being taken away because I worked VERY hard to tame him back then. Granted if boss pets got this appearance buff, so to speak, I've no doubts the PvP-ers would piss and moan that it's an unfair advantage because they cannot see the opponents level. :lol:

This is kind of a hot button topic. It's cause many a heated debate. :? TO ME. No. I do not feel this should be added to the game. The game isn't called World of Faircraft. Part of taming is in a challenge. Yes it's so anger making and frustrating etc to sit and camp for a pet to have it ganked or stolen out from under you. BUT. It will respawn. Since Blizzard reduced respawn timers on 95% of the pets or made others challenge tames ganking /stealing has become somewhat uncommon. At least that I see of. As frustrating and anger making it is ..................... it's not like Trigore won't ever come back after being tamed /ganked. Trust me. I've had many many pets stolen /ganked out from under me over the years and it possibly could happen again. So be it. That's Warcraft.

What I want. I've said it 1000 times and I'll keep saying it. All the old models having their polygons updated. Not change their models. Just smooth them out. Give them a good modern grooming. And. Gnome hunters. I don't want a new family. I would rather have old models updated than new models /content. I know most will not agree with me and that's fine. But it breaks my heart to see a Dreanor model next to a vanilla cat /wolf.

Edited: Cause clearly I cannot spell today.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

I will suggest a legendary pet , with fantastic appearance aura.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I really dont think a legendary pet is necessary. We got Gara. That's plenty.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by erictks1 »

Junrei wrote:I really dont think a legendary pet is necessary. We got Gara. That's plenty.
I assume legendary pet will be something different from a spirit beast , a whole new class of pet , perhaps a pheonix or a a dragon like creature will be great . I assume it must be huge and majestic