Pet standing around, is it just me?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Pet standing around, is it just me?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't know. my pet is staying put longer than under a second. it's far closer to 2 seconds, even a bit over at times.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Hmm. I hadn't actually considered whether spec might make a difference. I raid/PvE as BM and currently only do SV in PvP and I very much micromanage my pets in PvP.

The delay after a mob dies seems to vary for me. I'm going to say it's anywhere from 1-3 seconds. Not a major thing, but it is enough to cause pet aggro on any mobs that may wander close or bosses that hop down after some trash has been cleared. So far, I've not noticed any relation to pet type. I've seen the behavior on both my high level hunters, using core hounds, shale spiders, wolves, carrion birds, and tallstriders.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I noticed this a lot as I've been leveling an undead hunter in Outland. It's like the pet momentarily forgets what it's doing or something. If it means anything, she has a tiger and hydra. They've both done it.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I tried it out in the Mok'Gol Watchpost area. My pet only stood still one time and that was after killing a single mob with no other targets in range. It was about a second, no more. I'm wondering one thing. Do you people with this issue use the Fetch glyph? I don't use it and like I've said, the issue is practically non existent for me. Maybe Fetch could be causing the pet to hover over dead mobs that have loot? Just a thought.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

no, I don't use the fetch glyph on any of my hunters. they all have the same issue with pets freezing up for a number of seconds, regardless of whether there are other mobs around or not, also regardless of whether I'm attacking another mob.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I have noticed this before but it never really registared with me until i read this thread. I only use my pet with BM (farming skins for the barn) and sometimes (very rarely) with MM and with both specs ive seen this.

I don't have the fetch glyph either and my regular pets are a corehound, spirit beast and wolf.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I don't believe it's related to the Fetch glyph. Only one of my hunters has that glyph and even then, it's only in his SV spec. He runs BM 99% of the time for PvE. I've other hunters at 100, 52, and a couple in the mid 30s, and one who is around 12 or 13 and doesn't even have glyphs yet.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'd thought i'd add I noticed this was my warlocks Voidwalker last night. He kinda stands there for a few secs thinking about the dead mob before he comes back so not restricted to hunter pets it seems.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~