Demand for a tamable horse

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hydraxis

Demand for a tamable horse

Unread post by erictks1 »

Saw lots of wild horse are and yet I cannot tame them ... hope they are tamable ...
Dodongo79
Realm: Silver Hand

Re: Demand for a tamable horse

Unread post by Dodongo79 »

I'd honestly like to see mounts that are Hunter Only (tameable), more cat and horse mounts for Horde. There shouldn't be "faction" mounts. Azeroth has animals everywhere. You should be able to ride the animals no matter where you're from.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

erictks1 wrote:Saw lots of wild horse are and yet I cannot tame them ... hope they are tamable ...
I've always seen horses as more "Working Animals" rather than pets myself, but then it's not like they haven't added other working animals as families previously, namely goats.
Though personally I still don't see it happening, for me I just don't see them as Bestial/Ferocious enough to add to them as a new family. Also I'm not sure what they would add them to as a preexisting family either, they are not really Stags, nor Goats. :|
Dodongo79 wrote:I'd honestly like to see mounts that are Hunter Only (tameable), more cat and horse mounts for Horde. There shouldn't be "faction" mounts. Azeroth has animals everywhere. You should be able to ride the animals no matter where you're from.
I think the main issue here is animations and quality. Not all beasts are always suitable to be ridden as they might not have a jump animation, or swimming, or falling, etc. Nor are some of the Older styled Beasts are they happy to be made into mount visually, they just look poorly compared to what they want the game to look like heading forward.

Though the faction divide is getting more and more blurry with each expansion, (Raptors for Ally from Dino Isle and Wolves with WoD, Cats for Horde Via Shadowpan rep, etc.) but it's getting there for cross overs. (Though I think there is a little discrepancy with more horde model/type mounts being available to Ally than vice versa. But then that may well change next expansion, who knows!)

Also if hunters would be able to ride anything that is a beast, how would that work it actually work? Would they use/be able to ride them all the time (if so how would you learn them? would they be available for use from you spellbook all the times?), would it count to achievement numbers, etc.

These things have a massive effect on other classes and regarding fairness, and they would have to try and balance it all. I LOVE the Idea of making hunters more Huntery/Bestial in their affinity with beasts and the likes, but they have to be careful not to tread of other classes toes.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote: Also if hunters would be able to ride anything that is a beast, how would that work it actually work? Would they use/be able to ride them all the time (if so how would you learn them? would they be available for use from you spellbook all the times?), would it count to achievement numbers, etc.
I think this would be the sticking point - it would be stupid unfair achievement wise and throw the balance way out. if you could just ride anything you'd have to have a hunter to even be competative as a mount collector.

I would actually like to see more class specific mounts - like maybe tame one type of wolf, cat or bear for example to raise as a mount for a hunter, rescue and train a warhorse for a warrior, a mage could summon and control some sort of wolf or cat of fire/ice or arcane depending on spec, Shaman harness the elements to have a spirit raptor mount, some sort of holy or dark beasts for a priest, druids could have a stag like animal (or maybe exempt and just have a faster travel form after a questline), rogues a sleek quiet animal like a cat mount with special smoke effect (almost to hide it like a rogue)...just off the top of my head. They could be uber involved so youd work for them like the old questlines.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

What I hope is just able to tame zebra or horses as a combat pet . In the wild , zebra do have a kicking force which can break skull , I do think horses can serve as a good combat partner .
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nag them till you're hoarse but I have a feeling Blizzard will still say neigh.

Sorry ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote:Nag them till you're hoarse but I have a feeling Blizzard will still say neigh.

Sorry ;)
There you go again, trying to stirrup trouble.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote:
Wain wrote:Nag them till you're hoarse but I have a feeling Blizzard will still say neigh.

Sorry ;)
There you go again, trying to stirrup trouble.
:D
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Someone really needs to take the reins and corral this thread.

What? Too soon?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:Someone really needs to take the reins and corral this thread.
What? Too soon?
Hehe.

BTW, in case anyone wants to see all the equines on offer..

Horses:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 346#horses

And zhevras /unicorns too:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 46#zhevras
erictks1
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Do blizzard have a good reason make
Horses not tamable ? Horses been friends with human for thousand of years , there is no reason they Are not Tamable .
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Proper animations can be a massive incentive for beasts to be tamable or not. That and blizzard may just not like them as is, hydras have been off the table for many many years and their reasoning was just that "we don't like the look of them, their animations are derpy" as GC said. So who knows... We can't just say, it's folly these aren't tamable, In the grand scheme of things, we can'l only make suggestions, it ain't out game.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

True true, Spirit. We pay to play in their sandbox, not to direct it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine