Grom'kar Warbeast no longer tame-able?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Re: Grom'kar Warbeast no longer tame-able?

Unread post by Nimrod »

Torachi wrote:Are you required to be on the PTR to post in that section? Because I'll add my own plea to put these guys back in, too, if you don't have to actively be on the PTR to post on the PTR forum. I need to get it again, but 28gb is going to take at least 5 hours for me to download. x.x
You can bypass a large percentage of the PTR download by copying the files from your existing install (it's a testament to Blizzard's laziness that their launcher doesn't already do this).

Start the PTR download, and then close the launcher after a few % complete. Open Task Manager and make sure all Battle.net launcher processes are closed, and Agent.exe isn't running.

Then copy the Data and WTF folders from your existing WoW install to the PTR dir., making sure you overwrite all files there (can also copy Interface if you want your addons, though they may not work).

Once copy is complete, go to PTR folder > WTF > open "config.wtf" with notepad and change the line that says SET portal "US" or SET portal "EU" to SET portal "public-test". Save and close.

Restart launcher, let it finish checking/downloading actual PTR files, and you should be good to go.

Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:OK I've posted a request on the 6.2.2 forum for the Grom'kar Warbeast to be added to one of the newly-opened sections of Tanaan Jungle. If you'd like to please post in support, the thread is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18706413163#1

If you haven't been following the PTR, there are a few areas that are now accessible with flying that weren't before, so they populated them with a few NPCs (including rares). The Warbeast could be added to one of these without affecting existing gameplay. The non-instanced courtyard of Hellfire is one of these and is probably the most fitting since it's a martial area.

Great idea Wain. I've added my post in support. Thanks for continuing to pursue this!
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Sadly, I'm on EU servers so can't post there :/

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Nímrod wrote:
Torachi wrote:Are you required to be on the PTR to post in that section? Because I'll add my own plea to put these guys back in, too, if you don't have to actively be on the PTR to post on the PTR forum. I need to get it again, but 28gb is going to take at least 5 hours for me to download. x.x
You can bypass a large percentage of the PTR download by copying the files from your existing install (it's a testament to Blizzard's laziness that their launcher doesn't already do this).

Start the PTR download, and then close the launcher after a few % complete. Open Task Manager and make sure all Battle.net launcher processes are closed, and Agent.exe isn't running.

Then copy the Data and WTF folders from your existing WoW install to the PTR dir., making sure you overwrite all files there (can also copy Interface if you want your addons, though they may not work).

Once copy is complete, go to PTR folder > WTF > open "config.wtf" with notepad and change the line that says SET portal "US" or SET portal "EU" to SET portal "public-test". Save and close.

Restart launcher, let it finish checking/downloading actual PTR files, and you should be good to go.
...Wow. -.- Nicely done, Blizzard, ya lazy bums! LOL.

I'll have a go at this once I finish my auctions and garrison stuffs on live. Thanks a lot, Nim!

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No sign on this latest PTR either. This was a very tiny update only a day after the previous and probably signals that they've come to the end. Unfortunately it's quite likely we won't see this beast return, unless they have time during a pre-Legion release. At least they haven't talked about a 6.2.3 at this stage.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:No sign on this latest PTR either. This was a very tiny update only a day after the previous and probably signals that they've come to the end. Unfortunately it's quite likely we won't see this beast return, unless they have time during a pre-Legion release. At least they haven't talked about a 6.2.3 at this stage.
The chances of another patch between now and legion are good. I imagine they're most focused on getting flying right as opposed to a hunter pet back in game. That said ... one can still hold out hope. :-)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Well 6.2.2 is live. Haven't seen any Grom'kar Warbeasts. On the plus side, checking on them via flying is easier. :-P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They applied a hotfix today to remove some level 100 grubs from Gorgrond which I reported around the same time as the post about the Warbeast. But it's less likely they'll hotfix something like this I guess. :(
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

lists a similar in tannan jungle that can be tameable, think it has the same model, obviously not the exact same name as the other; but states you can stun the rider and tame.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tilo wrote:lists a similar in tannan jungle that can be tameable, think it has the same model, obviously not the exact same name as the other; but states you can stun the rider and tame.
That one is a different colour, unfortunately. The one in Tanaan is mustard-coloured with red mane. The one that went missing has a red body with off-white mane.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:They applied a hotfix today to remove some level 100 grubs from Gorgrond which I reported around the same time as the post about the Warbeast. But it's less likely they'll hotfix something like this I guess. :(
So taking a positive view, they're viewing your suggestions and acting on them. I imagine it's easier to delete something than it is to add. I'm believing they just having gotten to the Grom'kar yet ...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Merduin wrote:
Wain wrote:They applied a hotfix today to remove some level 100 grubs from Gorgrond which I reported around the same time as the post about the Warbeast. But it's less likely they'll hotfix something like this I guess. :(
So taking a positive view, they're viewing your suggestions and acting on them. I imagine it's easier to delete something than it is to add. I'm believing they just having gotten to the Grom'kar yet ...
Yeah, plus the grubs were something serious, being level 100 mobs in a 92 area. They're less likely to hotfix for something cosmetic. Hopefully there'll be a 6.2.3 though :)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:
Merduin wrote:
Yeah, plus the grubs were something serious, being level 100 mobs in a 92 area. They're less likely to hotfix for something cosmetic. Hopefully there'll be a 6.2.3 though :)
So there's a 6.2.3 patch coming out. Any news of a Grom'kar on the PTR? Should we post on the bug notes again?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I looked but didn't see any 6.2.3. I haven't reposted though.
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:I looked but didn't see any 6.2.3. I haven't reposted though.
Hey ... poking my head in and just noticed on this post:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... #clefthoof

... it looks like our old friend the Grom'kar Warbeast is returning. Woohoo! :D

Thanks for posting that Wain!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Merduin wrote:
Wain wrote:I looked but didn't see any 6.2.3. I haven't reposted though.
Hey ... poking my head in and just noticed on this post:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... #clefthoof

... it looks like our old friend the Grom'kar Warbeast is returning. Woohoo! :D

Thanks for posting that Wain!
Yeah it was very cool of our new lurker, "Shem" to add it back :)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:Yeah it was very cool of our new lurker, "Shem" to add it back :)
Very cool indeed. Thank you Shem! :D
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Merduin wrote:
Wain wrote:Yeah it was very cool of our new lurker, "Shem" to add it back :)
Very cool indeed. Thank you Shem! :D

I went looking for this guy today on the PTR. Am I right in thinking he's in that horseshoe shaped area on the left of the entrance where the Emberhides are? Been there a while and don't want to miss him! Thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If you're at the gate and facing in to the docks area (towards the sea) then it should appear on the rise to your left, where there are emberhides etc. I'm not sure of the respawn time but it's definitely not immediate. Good luck :)
Merduin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Merduin »

Wain wrote:If you're at the gate and facing in to the docks area (towards the sea) then it should appear on the rise to your left, where there are emberhides etc. I'm not sure of the respawn time but it's definitely not immediate. Good luck :)
I got him! :headbang: Not sure what the respawn time is ... because he was there when I showed up.

So, entering the iron docks area (facing toward the sea ... curl left into the area the Emberhides are pathing around in. He's over on the left side (facing away from the sea) by the Emberhide Packbeast that doesn't path around. NOT the Emberhide Packbeast in the middle, the one on the left as you face away from the sea. He spawns in a pen area all his own.
WoWScrnShot_070116_200140.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070116_200140.jpg (557.5 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
SOOO happy!

Thanks Wain! Thanks Shem! Happy hunter ... reunited with his favorite tanking pet! :D

Now i just need to get Nakk ... so I can have the matching mount on the PTR. Ha!