Which new pet families would you most like to see?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which untameable groups of beasts would you most like to see tameable?

[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Aquatics (not a single family, but a new class of water-restricted families for sharks, threshadons, krakens, eels, frenzy fish etc.)[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Armadillos[/td][/tr][/table]
1%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Camels[/td][/tr][/table]
No votes
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Cloud Serpents[/td][/tr][/table]
6%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Diemetradons / Incendosaurs[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Elekks / Mammoths[/td][/tr][/table]
1%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Fire Hawks / Phoenixes / Flametalons[/td][/tr][/table]
7%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Frogs and Toads[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Giraffes[/td][/tr][/table]
0%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Gryphons[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Gyreworms[/td][/tr][/table]
5%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Hell Hounds[/td][/tr][/table]
8%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Hippogryphs[/td][/tr][/table]
7%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Horses[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Kodos[/td][/tr][/table]
0%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Kunchong[/td][/tr][/table]
6%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Mana Wyrms[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Mushan[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers[/td][/tr][/table]
9%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Rams[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Sandreavers[/td][/tr][/table]
4%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Snails[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Shoveltusks[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Stegodons / Thunder Lizards[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Windsteeds[/td][/tr][/table]
3%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Wyverns[/td][/tr][/table]
2%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Yaks[/td][/tr][/table]
4%
[table=border:none; display: inline-table;][tr][td]Image[/td][td=1,width:300px;vertical-align: middle;]Zhevras / Unicorns[/td][/tr][/table]
2%

Total votes: 421

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Which new pet families would you most like to see?

Unread post by Equeon »

Quivering wrote:I think a lot can be said of making some of these desired non-traditional beast skins/models into rare/challenge/quest tames. I personally think that would be a wonderful middle ground if asking for a family is too much. Of course they would have to fit into some existing family (everything weird can't be a spirit beast) but its an idea!
Camels/Rams/Giraffes/Yaks/Zhevras can join the Stag family to become Ungulates or Hoofed Beasts.
Gyreworms can easily join the Shale Spider family to become Shale Beasts. (Wasn't a developer considering this during WoD development?) Or they could just be variant Worms.
Hellhounds can join the Dog family.
Mana wyrms can join the Serpent family.
Sandreavers can join the Silithid family.
Shoveltusks can join the Boar family.
If it's isolated to just a few challenge tames, Firehawks could join the Bird of Prey family. Otherwise, I really think they should get their own.

Though not an existing choice, Stegodons/Thunder Lizards, Mushan, and Kodos can all join a new Stegodon family.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

We need Pterodactyls. Just sayin.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'd be inclined to put shoveltusks in with Clefthoofs. They don't look very boar-ish to me at all. But yes, they should've been in there from the get-go, imo.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

About the Hellhounds. We have the demon dogs right now. Not too much difference really.

Im actually against things like Cloud serpents. I don't know.. I like being a hunter but I don't need a dragon.

Nor do I think we really need Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers. Noone I know uses birds of any sort just now. I mean sure we have 50 stable slots so most of us have one or two neat looking ones tamed but when was the last time you saw one out in the world or a dungeon? I hardly ever see them. Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers would just be huge and in the way.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Nor do I think we really need Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers. Noone I know uses birds of any sort just now. I mean sure we have 50 stable slots so most of us have one or two neat looking ones tamed but when was the last time you saw one out in the world or a dungeon? I hardly ever see them. Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers would just be huge and in the way.
Man, do I hate this argument. "I don't see players with that pet, so I don't think we should have it at all."

Well, a majority of hunters only use cats, wolves, and spirit beasts anyway, so I guess most of the other families should be traded in for a new raid tier, then?

There are some families that are extremely rare to see a hunter using, like beetles and tallstriders. However, the option to tame them is always there, and they nonetheless bring great joy to the players who wish to tame beetles or tallstriders.

The difference between those two families and the pterodactyls is that pterodactyls are among the most popular requests. This kind of demand indicates that, at least among those who care about hunter pets, there would be many players using them.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I voted for Frog/Toads, Rams, Hippogryphs, Gryphons, and Wyverns. I've always saved room in my stables for these lil' fellas, just in case, and was a bit sad when it never came to be with the launch of Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, or Warlords of Draenor.

Hopefully with this Legion expansion, eh?

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Equeon wrote: There are some families that are extremely rare to see a hunter using, like beetles and tallstriders. However, the option to tame them is always there, and they nonetheless bring great joy to the players who wish to tame beetles or tallstriders.
Yeah I LOVED my beetle <3 He was my go to tanking buddy, then sadly got superseded in every way (Buff wise) by shale spiders.
I like them too, but still miss him :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

cloud serpents
skyscreamers
Phoenixes
Hippogryphs (I also feel like windsteeds could fit in whit these somehow?)
for new families.
Kunchongs should be added to the obvious existing family.

Was really tempted to vote for aquatics just so i could have a ravenous land shark named Larry though.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Gyreworms, Firehawks, Hellhounds
Given that we already have plenty of pets made of rock, gemstones, mana (Arcane Wyrms), pets that have fire or lightning coming out of various places... I don't see these three as too much of a stretch.

Kunchong
New, prettier Silithid tank looks, thank you!

Hippogryphs (along with Gryphons and Windriders, but I ran out of votes here)
Mount pets are always really cool, as it allows for a fantasy that you're not just pulling mounts out of your bag and sticking them back in as soon as you dismount instead of actually having them fight by your side. I find this to be a second best thing to us being able to make some pets into proper mounts. ;) A lot easier to implement, as well.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Yes, I would just like one of everything. Please and thank you.

On a less silly note: THIS LIST IS REALLY HARD TO NARROW DOWN! I did make a few choices, but when you just get sparkly-eyed over the whole list...it's really hard to be happy with just a 'top 5'. Haha It's neat to see what other people want too. I also agree that a lot of these choices could make a smooth slide into existing families. My tweet to Muffinus of 'ALL THE DINOSAURS' still stands for me. Ehehe.

Top 2 choices:
Pterordaxxes / Skyscreamers
Diemetradons / Incendosaurs

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

THUNDER LIZARDS! I've been pining over them for literally yeeeeears. :cry:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Not on the list: Nerubian "spiderlings" and fliers.
ImageImage

Silithid could be changed to all aqir, and include those and Kunchong. And whatever new aqir we'll see on the Broken Isles, in the Emerald Nightmare, and elsewhere in the future.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Xota wrote:Not on the list: Nerubian "spiderlings" and fliers.
ImageImage

Silithid could be changed to all aqir, and include those and Kunchong. And whatever new aqir we'll see on the Broken Isles, in the Emerald Nightmare, and elsewhere in the future.
We really do need these ones.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I originally really thought so with the nerubian flyers, but then I experienced that quest in Borean Tundra where one is talking, trying to convince the taunka to give up. So either they're actually fully-intelligent Nerubians too, or this one was just possessed with an intelligence because it was Scourge. Hmmm.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I've always thought all Nerubian types were sentient before becoming Scourge?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:I originally really thought so with the nerubian flyers, but then I experienced that quest in Borean Tundra where one is talking, trying to convince the taunka to give up. So either they're actually fully-intelligent Nerubians too, or this one was just possessed with an intelligence because it was Scourge. Hmmm.
Blizzard would have to elaborate, as there are enough beasts one can tame that have at least one representative that is capable of speech.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Oona

Unread post by Oona »

With the possible inclusion of Gnomes into the ranks of the hunter class,perhaps we need a new pet family "Mechano Beast" which could include things like Mechano Striders,and mechanized versions of at least bears,wolves,cats,raptors etc. I mean,there are already versions of those beasts sporting armor and such,it should feasible to implement some sort of metallic plates and hi tech details to give them a cybernetic look.

Also I think they could take the existing shale spiders,gyre worms,hellhounds,Jewel cats,phoenixes and gem owls and consolidate them into a new family, "Elemental Beasts".
Cönnör
Realm: Azralon, Nemesis, Goldrinn

Unread post by Cönnör »

Please god! Please! /cry
#teamPterordaxxes
#teamSkyscreamers
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

If I ever had to choose just one, it'd be the hippogryph. I mained a priest in Classic and noticed the wild hippogryphs were Beasts, so I got really excited (I loved leveling in Ashenvale/Darkshore even as a human just for the hippogryph flightpoints, and now I collect the hippogryph mounts. <3) and leveled up a hunter just to tame one. I pushed and struggled and finally got high enough....only to find out they can't be tamed. Epic sadness. :cry:

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Just necroing this old thread for nostalgia's sake. Of the 28 models listed in this poll, exactly half are now available, 3 years later! :)

I'd like to have a new poll soon, with the remaining ones, and also anything I missed or have been added since.

What should be included in a new poll (that isn't in this one)? I can think of alpacas, brutosaurs, beavers, ferrets, demon spiders, grubs, anything else?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.