Thoughts on the new BM spec

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Thoughts on the new BM spec

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Why can't an expansion be about... well, let's see... "expanding" the story?
Why does an expansion always seem to require some major paradigm shift of abilities and spells?
Why does almost every expansion require us to relearn our classes?

The whole artifact weapon thing seems pretty lame to me. SO instead of getting new weapons along the way, or crafting them, or buying them, or quest drops, or boss drops, or loot from events... we get... a butt-fugly rehash of an old quest reward gun, with a "mini-game" of its own for "upgrading it". It's very Final Fantasy.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I think my pet peeve in all this is simply that Blizzard should not have launched class redesigns without the stupid artifact weapons available right away that they're so heavily based off of.
My gut tells me that is a huge part of the problem with hunters. A talent in BM is actually based on the amount of active pets you have. Without having Hati right now the talent is practically useless.

On Titanstrike the first talent increased Dire Beast damage by 12%.
On Talonclaw the first three talents are large damage boosters also.
Thas'dorah same thing. First two talents are large damage boost.

Why in Hades could the new class changes not have waited till launch???

The damage boost these provide actually seem to be the missing dps in hunters right now.

I've read the artifact doesn't help much but by the numbers I am seeing it should be bringing us up to par especially for BM if Way of the Cobra is chosen.

To me they screwed up in launching have finished specs. Because that's what they are. Half done. Half of our talents are basically not there because they're tied to the damned weapon.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hopefully that's a large part of the problem, Zed. I know that on one hand, things are probably tuned with 110 in mind. On the other hand, you can't chop up classes and give people a month of playing a half-complete spec, and expect people NOT to have issues with it. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I think the -idea- was that since the class changes are so very sweeping, that they wanted to give people who weren't in the beta ample time to practice with them before thrusting them into this 'scaling content' that will never get easier. I wasn't in the beta, and I know a lot of people weren't, and there's still specs i have no idea what I'm doing on (lol, demo lock).

That said, it is frustrating feeling like someone took your box of crayons away and then only gave you back the green and orange ones.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

What's wrong with green? :lol:

I was thinking today about how much I also miss Steady Shot/Old Cobra Shot. It took a bit more skill and strategy to weave them in through your rotation properly, plus it gave you something to do in that down time. I think giving it back would help BM and MM feel less like "whack-a-mole", and more like true hunters lining up their shots. Just my opinion, anyway.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rhyela wrote:What's wrong with green? :lol:
Right!! Green is my favorite color. ;)

And even after Legion launch I've a feeling BM will probably still feel whack-ah-mole-ish because even with the artifacts (unless I am misunderstanding, which could be possible) we wouldn't have added talents???
So our buttons would still be the same 3-4 in the rotation with an added focus dump here and there.

I probably shouldn't be running off at the mouth since in the beta I didn't muck with artifacts. :oops: I really didn't want to spoil the quest line too much for any of them so I stopped playing my generated gnome just after getting Titanstrike. But I don't remember it giving any other buttons to push.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

zedxrgal wrote:
And even after Legion launch I've a feeling BM will probably still feel whack-ah-mole-ish because even with the artifacts (unless I am misunderstanding, which could be possible) we wouldn't have added talents???
So our buttons would still be the same 3-4 in the rotation with an added focus dump here and there.
After a certain point Bm hunters do get an extra ability from Titan Strike we get this. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=207068 Not sure if it'll fix the "whack a mole-ish problem but it's something.

For me though after running a few time walking dungeons as Bm it's not too bad long as you have Chimaera shot. Which as this rate should be baseline. My only real complaint is the still pets are far too squishy, mend pet just does not do enough healing. I've actually had to resort to brining out my old feed pet macro.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Green... you mean that weird shade of grey that's just off from that other weird shade of grey: Red?

Roses are grey
Violets are grey
Being colourblind sucks

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I like it personally, BM for-e-var! :) All about dem' pets yo. ^_^
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

I just went MM. BM was just too boring for me. Some hunters love it though.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm hoping to high heaven that once I have my artifact weapon my pet won't be nearly as squishy.
I'm tired of rezzing him, and honestly, he's been grumpy and growly whenever I say "ok, time to go do some invasions!"

"Walkies" used to be fun with Streudel. Now he just wants to stay in the garrison. And quite honestly, I understand him.

"Step on no pets!"

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

To be fair, invasions isn't really a good way to determine anything. The invasions kick everyone's behind. I've played every class and always get my rear handed to me, even on my heroic raid geared Druid or my fresh level 100 warlock with her tank. He gets curb stomped.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah. There's too many oneshot mechanics. I've taken to getting tag on the endboss and then just running away and watching until it's over. I'm so tired of dying over and over, and no, it doesn't matter what class you're on. I have noticed that my voidblob is tougher than even a tenac pet... but I can still manage to keep up except on those endbosses, then just everyone ever is road pizza.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I finally managed to not die on an end boss last night! I was on my arcane mage and I had maybe 2% hp left at the end. I don't remember the boss, but it's one of the ones that does AoE shadow damage (Shadow of Darkness or something like that). I'm far enough away already, plus I have shimmer and ice block, that I'm able to negate enough of the damage to barely stay alive. Barely. But I usually get turned into a nice stain on the dirt. My little monk I was playing had zero chance last night. :lol:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Surprisingly, I've had no trouble whatsoever on my new DH. His "Escape" mechanisms are enough to almost always get him out of danger. And I am REALLY not a melée player.

"Step on no pets!"

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sukurachi wrote: "Walkies" used to be fun with Streudel. Now he just wants to stay in the garrison. And quite honestly, I understand him.
I just want to say that that pet name is totally adorable! My brother had a kitty named Streudel, and she was so cute. Maybe that's why the name stood out to me.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

He's one of those toaster puppies, from Tanaan... and he's playful despite the fearsome appearance. So I thought the name really stuck.

"Step on no pets!"

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Voidies can definitely survive much better than Tenacity pets, however, mine has died quite a bit. Fel Reaver especially but he don't count. He stomps everyone.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine