Last minute official Hunter feedback thread!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Last minute official Hunter feedback thread!

Unread post by Wain »

Please post your feedback here:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topi ... 201?page=1

(Updated the above link, as the original hit post cap!)

Bendak tweeted about this, which is the first I'd heard: Ornyx has put up a thread to solicit feedback on the general dissatisfaction of players with Hunters (I hear there's also a Warlock one).

Please be constructive and non-hyperbolic in your feedback there and maybe it'll help push some changes (and save the real vitriol for here ;) ).

It's more than a little odd that we even have to do this, as there was an ENORMOUS amount of very similar, level-headed feedback from well-respected players, from Alpha all the way through to the end. So the new thread is almost the equivalent of someone admitting they hadn't paid attention back then, but at least we get a second chance to be heard.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Last minute official Hunter feedback thread!

Unread post by Wain »

Er, and if you post something long, make a copy. It seems to have just eaten my post that I spent ages on. No acknowledgment of what happened, it's simply not appearing.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I was about to yell about this but people beat me to it. Also everything I had to say has apparently been said so... yeah.

And I've had posts eaten too, don't feel bad. Or rather, what I get is some vague armwaving about how it can't post that right now and to log in all over again. And only on some characters and not others. I dunno. New forum is buggy.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Despite it being odd that they waited till the literal last minute... I'm very happy they're giving us an opportunity to voice our concerns (I know we have many)..

Seems all my thoughts have already been said... at the very least, I'm hopeful.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Yay! another forum thread that Blizzard can ignore.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Well they initiated this one, so thats hopeful. I'm bout to burn it up.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Reading through the thread, I hope Blizzard really listens. Already some amazing feedback.

I just... Miss my class. :( It really depresses me when I think back to past expansions, when I raided with my guild or pvp'd. I brought so much utility and had so many fun, distinct abilities. Most importantly, I always felt needed and useful; I'd bring a missing buff, or was the one that would always be assigned to deal with an array of mechanics... But many of those fun abilities and utility are gone. I miss camouflage being baseline. I miss frost, ice, explosive and even snake trap. I miss eyes of the beast. I miss tranquilizing shot and distracting shot, and our old deterrence & cheetah...

So many abilities pruned to make the class simpler and to make each spec fit Blizzards idea of "class fantasy". But the large arsenal of abilities we had to tackle any mechanic thrown at us is what made us Hunters, and what made me fall in love with the class for 8 years.

I'm just afraid despite all the great feedback I'll never be able to forget what it once was.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote:Reading through the thread, I hope Blizzard really listens. Already some amazing feedback.
It is. The really sad thing is virtually none of it is new. Brilliant and eloquent people were giving feedback like that since Alpha and pretty much none of it was ever acknowledged, unless it was something that only required a tweak or they could put in a band-aid fix for.

At least now they're apparently listening, even if it's frustrating it had to come to this. I gave up trying to gve feedback today after I lost my last post and will try again tomorrow. Please give feedback on whatever you can, and remember to like posts you really think have good feedback too! Many of them express it better than I ever could.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just can't shake the question "Why now?" Like many others have pointed out, why wasn't this engagement done months ago? The players were there offering feedback, so we were at the table.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Being an EU player, I really can't add my two cents to the thread.. I've been reading through the thread, and feel like there are some things I'd like to bring to light as well. I'd be thankful if someone could post on my behalf. :3

I've personally mained BM Hunter since late BC, and loved it for the longest time. This time around, I'm very much disappointed by the changes. I'm not going to say much about the large scale problems as those have been outlined very nicely already, and better than I ever could have. Instead, I'm going to list a few things that could be improved, which haven't had as much attention.

- Make the chance of a Dire Beast proc go up as the Hunter's focus goes down. This way we will have more chances to regen when we need it, instead of rng making it so it's only available when our focus is already about to cap. Arcane Mages have a talent that works in a similar manner, in that the bigger the percentage of mana you have, the higher the chance of an Arcane Missiles proc.
- Dire Frenzy needs to have a range similar to Kill Command. I very much prefer to make my main pet stronger rather than summoning in random beasts, but a lot of the time speccing into Dire Frenzy means I'll find myself spamming the key, hoping my pet will be close enough to its target.
- Intimidation is an awful cc talent; a single target 5-second stun on a 1 minute cooldown that requires my pet to be alive and able to melee the target during the next 13 seconds, after which the cooldown is completely wasted. Meanwhile other classes can talent into an AOE stun with a similar duration and sometimes even shorter cooldown. (Monk's Leg Sweep: everything within 5 yards, instant, 5s duration, 45s cooldown) Perhaps Intimidation could be reworked into an AOE stun as well?

Then there's some nitpicky points that are mostly just minor annoyances:
- If Mend Pet must have a cooldown, it should at least be shorter than the duration. I prefer to be able to refresh the heal when it suits me, not when the game thinks I should be allowed to.
- A lot of pet families have nothing in terms of special abilities, making them objectively worse than others. Simply expanding the currently existing special abilities to more families would ensure that you're not gimping yourself just because you want to use your Bat or Hydra. The Mortal Wounds debuff for instance could be given to Hydras, Raptors, Serpents, Worms; 30% dodge to Tallstriders; Thick Hide To Oxen, Scalehides; Molten Hide-like ability to Mechanicals (electric damage), Porcupines (physical damage). Maybe even allow some pets (Wolf and Stag perhaps) to increase their own and the Hunter's movement speed for a short amount of time. A Flare-like ability with a small radius on Wasps might also be cool. Or hey, let Bats detect stealthed enemies in a small cone in front of them!
- The BM Hunter is effectively shoehorned into having three essential pets: Core Hound (Molten Hide and Ancient Hysteria), Spirit Beast (Spirit mend, only heal we get outside of Exhilaration), and to a slightly lesser extent Quilen (Battle Ress and damage reduction/small health regen). All three families are VERY limited in available looks. Meanwhile, a lot of Exotic pets have nothing whatsoever that would set them apart from their normal counterparts - apart from the BM only looks, of course. The Devilsaurs and Worms feel particularly worse off: the former's EXOTIC ability is essentially just Mortal Wounds worded differently, while the latter's only specialty is a channeled AOE that I believe is a dps loss anyway. Then there's the Silithid whose slow requires melee range, while a spider's doesn't...

Finally, I'm going to make a couple of suggestions for Hati.
- Hati should share a health pool with our main pet, allowing us to manage both pets' health simultaneously and without any extra HP bars. This could also serve as a much-needed survivability buff for our pet who would essentially have double its usual hitpoints while retaining its feel of mortality. Maybe even add an optional skill that would allow Hati to sacrifice herself when your pet is about to die, causing the main pet to heal back to full (no longer doubled) health while Hati goes on cooldown. This effect could also share a cooldown with Hearth of the Phoenix, as it essentially just makes it into an automatic feature.
- Please, please, PLEASE allow Hati to be renamed when we change her into one of our other pets. I want nothing more than to have my Ghost Saber as my second pet, but her being now named Hati instead of Usva completely ruins it.
Last edited by Golden on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:Reading through the thread, I hope Blizzard really listens. Already some amazing feedback.
It is. The really sad thing is virtually none of it is new. Brilliant and eloquent people were giving feedback like that since Alpha and pretty much none of it was ever acknowledged, unless it was something that only required a tweak or they could put in a band-aid fix for.

At least now they're apparently listening, even if it's frustrating it had to come to this. I gave up trying to gve feedback today after I lost my last post and will try again tomorrow. Please give feedback on whatever you can, and remember to like posts you really think have good feedback too! Many of them express it better than I ever could.
When I was reading through the threat, I found myself realizing I'd heard many of the comments/suggestions/complaints before when I was active in beta. While I wouldn't expect Blizzard to respond to everything people were saying, I do find it disappointing that the same issues and concerns exist with only days left before Legion's release.

I don't want to sound like some kind of conspiracy theory type or even extremely negative, but I find myself feeling that the majority of class development resources for hunters were spent upon Survival while MM and BM only got quick passes. It seems as if after that, they were declared finished and pretty much ignored.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Boven, I feel like that's exactly what happened. But to be entirely fair, while I think we're the most -egregious- example of this, some other class specs got the lick-it-and-stick-it treatment too. Fury warriors are AMAZING. People have been complaining about Arms for months. Fire got all the mage love, Arcane is still really clunky (and the arcane familiar is so borked... supposed to last an hour but dies if you look crosseyed at it. And you can't target it/heal it/ do anything about it, you have to resummon it constantly when it up and disappears on you....)

I REALLY hope they fix the issues with hunters before the first raid drops. I mean... after they beat out the fires caused by Legion's drop, they should have a couple of weeks to deal with the pages of issues people have listed.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thanks for the heads up, Wain! Posted my thoughts over there, including the pet stuff we'd been discussing in another thread here.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The thread reached it's limit and cannot be posted on anymore. It's interesting to read through and see how many people are having the same issues with the changes. I am really hoping that we will see some of our abilities returned to us, and hopefully some shorter CD's on other abilities.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

There's a new feedback thread that went up about 10 minutes ago: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748905201

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I read through this and there isn't much that hasn't already been said a million times over. :| :mrgreen:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Most have said what I wanted. I also want pet families to be looked at again. Cause I want to keep exotics, but...it really feels like they're moving from it and it's like....well...what does BM have then? Where is there place? I have things that aren't exotic that should be and things that are exotic that really don't need to be. Where is Blizzard going with this?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

With this being so close to release of Legion there is no way to add any of these changes before then. I believe this is to quite down the overwhelming majority of players who do not like the change to the specs The share holders are more than likely worried that all the negative feedback will stop older players from returning and the new crowd of players from buy Legion, so they had someone who stated they have no understanding of hunters post a blue response.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I dunno... I don't think that many 'shareholders' are going to be concerned with what one class has to say about buying legion or not... mostly because what I've seen plenty of times is 'I hate the changes to hunters... but I'm going to main 'more fun class' in Legion'. No one's really saying 'I'm not gonna buy the game because this one class is kinda borked'. They're saying 'this class isn't any fun so I'm gonna abandon it but still play.

You're right that it's not gonna happen by Legion drop unless Tuesday's patch has a few bandaid hotfixes in it... you know, easy tweaks like shortening a CD here or buffing a number there. But 7.1 is already underway and ready for the PTR for crying out loud, so it may be that they're far enough ahead that they're looking to patch some issues by then, especially when they see how people react to the first stages of their artifact. Right now EVERYTHING is borked some way or another because they built the changes specifically around artifacts (for better or worse) and we don't have those right now.

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Could anyone on the US side be so kind and voice the EU feedback as well? We did not get an official thread (Apparently the CMs deem translating that post into every language EU has forums for too much effort), but have made our own now that Blizzard seems to finally be listening to the Hunter feedback;

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613211446

If not the posts' content, at least linking to the thread on our behalf would be very much appreciated!
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)