Black hydras gone for good?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Black hydras returned. Also, orange!

Unread post by Kalliope »

!!!! Thank you, Shem!!!! :hug: Aaahhh, that's so wonderful! They migrated. :mrgreen:
Wain wrote:Also, as far as I can tell, the new Alcaz stuff only occurs if you set Theramore to the OLD phase. If I set it to the destroyed / new phase then Alcaz is empty. Is this the way it was earlier in the PTR or is this a change in the latest patch? I presume they'll want the new stuff to be visible in the latest phase, not the oldest.
That's how it's always been on the PTR. I assumed it was intended! It's going to cause some confusion for players who did the Theramore event though....

Honestly, Alcaz is so far out, I don't understand why it's part of the phasing at all.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

kapeco
Realm: Gallywix

Re: Black hydras gone for good?

Unread post by kapeco »

i'm happy with the result, although the orange one seems to be pretty rare to me. I saw 0 out of 5 hydras
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

What wonderful news!!! :hug: I can't believe we have the orange ones back after so long. :') Thank you Shem, you're the best! <3
Kalliope

kapeco wrote:i'm happy with the result, although the orange one seems to be pretty rare to me. I saw 0 out of 5 hydras
I didn't see any either in the two waves I checked out. I'll have to spend more time there for a usable data sample, but I suspect you may be right. (Either that or the orange ones aren't spawning on all servers for some reason?)

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe I was just lucky seeing two oranges in one spawn group. Hopefully it's not too rare but even if it is then it's kinda nice having something to work for :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:Maybe I was just lucky seeing two oranges in one spawn group. Hopefully it's not too rare but even if it is then it's kinda nice having something to work for :)
The only downside is having to clear out the black hydras again. "I'm glad you're not extinct, but I'm sorry, I have to do this...."

YouTube Edition

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Kalliope wrote:The only downside is having to clear out the black hydras again. "I'm glad you're not extinct, but I'm sorry, I have to do this...."
:lol:

Dumb question but would a boosted toon have to worry about the phasing? I went on my level 105 gnome on live and grabbed one without issue.

Edit: Just realized the above may not make sense. My gnome went from level 1-45 questing /PuG's but mainly leveled from 40-ish to 100 purely through legion invasions. She's now 110. She had no phasing issues with seeing the hydras and didn't need to talk to Zidormi. So for some who say boosted a toon would these guys still phase out or?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kalliope

zedxrgal wrote:
Kalliope wrote:The only downside is having to clear out the black hydras again. "I'm glad you're not extinct, but I'm sorry, I have to do this...."
:lol:

Dumb question but would a boosted toon have to worry about the phasing? I went on my level 105 gnome on live and grabbed one without issue.

Edit: Just realized the above may not make sense. My gnome went from level 1-45 questing /PuG's but mainly leveled from 40-ish to 100 purely through legion invasions. She's now 110. She had no phasing issues with seeing the hydras and didn't need to talk to Zidormi. So for some who say boosted a toon would these guys still phase out or?
Unless a character was around for the Theramore storyline, there's no phasing for them. Boosted characters will be fine.

YouTube Edition

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I apparently missed the Theramore event, at least on Rhyela, so I was confused when Zidormi had nothing for me. Turns out I have the regular Theramore so I had no problems with the hydras. So I would hope that boosted toons are okay both before and after the patch. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, from what everyone is saying, are there essentially three phases?

- default : post-destruction Theramore for characters who DIDN'T do the Theramore destruction quest instance back in Pandaria, all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) is visible
- original (pre-destruction) Theramore for characters who speak to Zidormi, all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) is visible
- post-destruction Theramore for characters who DID do the Theramore destruction quest instance in Pandaria, and all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) IS NOT visible?
Kalliope

Wain wrote:So, from what everyone is saying, are there essentially three phases?

- default : post-destruction Theramore for characters who DIDN'T do the Theramore destruction quest instance back in Pandaria, all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) is visible
- original (pre-destruction) Theramore for characters who speak to Zidormi, all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) is visible
- post-destruction Theramore for characters who DID do the Theramore destruction quest instance in Pandaria, and all the new stuff on Alcaz (including hydras) IS NOT visible?
Oh wow, I thought default = original. Lemme run an alt over....

Yep, it's as I thought! There is no post-destruction Theramore at all for characters who weren't around for that event. (Which is really weird, since there are references to it elsewhere. I mean, it's why Jaina bailed at the beginning of Legion.)

So just two phases. :)

(Bonus: there were two orange hydras up when I went to check on all of this. :D )

YouTube Edition

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So... Theramore is back as it was for players who didn't experience the event? That's just weird.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:So... Theramore is back as it was for players who didn't experience the event? That's just weird.
Yep! I'm not sure why things are set up that way.

Additionally, swapping phases is going to be a pain in the butt for people on characters who did do the event. It doesn't persist if you leave the zone, so every time the world quest is up, you'll have to go see Zidormi again.

YouTube Edition

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Pure speculation, but I feel like the reason characters who haven't personally experienced Theramore's destruction are phased the way they are is because it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for there to be some arbitrary level where phasing swaps from one to the other.

Then again, Blasted Lands phases over from pre-WoD BL to post-WoD BL at like... 85 or something like that, so maybe it's just a matter of an earlier system not meshing with the philosophies in place when a similar system was put in place later on.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
kapeco

Unread post by kapeco »

actually, you can still do the theramore event today, and you get the destroyed theramore phase, but i don't think that there're 3 phases, just 2 (pre/post-destruction)
Kalliope

kapeco wrote:actually, you can still do the theramore event today, and you get the destroyed theramore phase, but i don't think that there're 3 phases, just 2 (pre/post-destruction)
Interesting point. Is scenario access still around for players who have leveled past Pandaria?

YouTube Edition

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

You can queue for them via a Lorewalker up at the archaeology place where Cho hangs out above Mogu'shan, whose name I'm totally blanking on at the moment. It's the same place you can queue for older versions of LFR and such as well; that room's actually getting pretty crowded at this point, haha.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kalliope

Xella wrote:You can queue for them via a Lorewalker up at the archaeology place where Cho hangs out above Mogu'shan, whose name I'm totally blanking on at the moment. It's the same place you can queue for older versions of LFR and such as well; that room's actually getting pretty crowded at this point, haha.
Oh cool! I'm glad those things aren't lost. Do they still require full groups or can you go in at a higher level and solo the content?

YouTube Edition

kapeco

Unread post by kapeco »

Kalliope wrote:
Xella wrote:You can queue for them via a Lorewalker up at the archaeology place where Cho hangs out above Mogu'shan, whose name I'm totally blanking on at the moment. It's the same place you can queue for older versions of LFR and such as well; that room's actually getting pretty crowded at this point, haha.
Oh cool! I'm glad those things aren't lost. Do they still require full groups or can you go in at a higher level and solo the content?
easily soloable at 110
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah cool. I thought they removed the event after the patch was over. I don't know why, but I thought it was supposed to be a limited-time experience.

Thanks for clarifying that :)

Either way, having done that event probably shouldn't impede your ability to see future content. It's counter-intuitive to have to go back in time to see new things. :)