Patch 7.1 Tameables

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zash
Realm: Zul'Jin

Re: Patch 7.1 Tameables

Unread post by Zash »

Made an account just to say fingers crossed for tamable Oondasta in 7.1
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Falcosaurs are still untameable in the latest patch. At least the two different types I just checked, Matriarch included.

So it's not looking hopeful for them this patch, though they could always be a last minute addition! I don't know if they just decided to delay them until later, or maybe they just got pissy about all the criticism of the quality of the model work. They still do look to me like a raptor wearing a Halloween mask, I don't think it merges well, but I admit they've grown on me all the same.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Shame. So ugly they're cute. My troll needs one of these

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zash wrote:Made an account just to say fingers crossed for tamable Oondasta in 7.1
Just checked her. Sorry, nope :( I'm on my way to ToT now to check some stuff I haven't checked in a while.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I saw nothing new tameable on the Isle of Thunder or in the Throne of Thunder. I checked bosses and trash beasts. The one I forgot to check was Tortos (accidentally aggroed him and he died before I remembered to beast lore), but his look is available elsewhere at least :) On the island I did hang around till a Zandalari Battlebeast (brown armoured direhorn) spawned, but it was still untameable.

On a side note, the pathing bugs that were introduced in Legion still seem to exist. Your pet can catch on a tiny bump in the terrain and not follow, or refuses to find a path to the mob. Pets can still also fall behind when you're running in dungeons and it's only when you attack stuff you realize they're still 10 seconds behind you :P So it appears they haven't addressed any of those issues at all.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I don't think Tortos will ever be tameable. He's literally embedded in the wall. I think that's why they opted to make turtles in Suramar with his skin.
Zash
Realm: Zul'Jin

Unread post by Zash »

Wain wrote:
Zash wrote:Made an account just to say fingers crossed for tamable Oondasta in 7.1
Just checked her. Sorry, nope :( I'm on my way to ToT now to check some stuff I haven't checked in a while.
Darn shame, but thanks for checking that and the Isle/Throne of Thunder. Maybe some day lol.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Is there anyway we can convince Blizzard that the unicorns should be tameable? Aside sending in notes to their suggestion template in the help tab? I've left a note here and there on the Blizzard forums and twitter but those methods seem like they'd easily get lost in the flood of other complaints / demands they get?.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote:Is there anyway we can convince Blizzard that the unicorns should be tameable? Aside sending in notes to their suggestion template in the help tab? I've left a note here and there on the Blizzard forums and twitter but those methods seem like they'd easily get lost in the flood of other complaints / demands they get?.
They're definitely one of the groups in consideration for the future. That doesn't mean we'll see them soon, but they are in consideration :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

That would be so awesome. Is there a news letter / forum / site where that's been officially discussed?

Wain wrote:
Talihawk wrote:Is there anyway we can convince Blizzard that the unicorns should be tameable? Aside sending in notes to their suggestion template in the help tab? I've left a note here and there on the Blizzard forums and twitter but those methods seem like they'd easily get lost in the flood of other complaints / demands they get?.
They're definitely one of the groups in consideration for the future. That doesn't mean we'll see them soon, but they are in consideration :)
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

nice, that's good news. hopefully won't be too long, til they are tameable. Still curious why the grey does aren't tameable, when all the other colors are. Even the grey stags are.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Wain wrote:

And pterrorwings please ;-; We've been asking for pterrorwings longer than unicorns... And kuchongs.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:
Gaw dang. Just the fact they're "in consideration" makes me all excited. :shock: Please Blizzard!
Flip that switch! You know you want to!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Mechaspiders are pretty rad, but I won't lie, I really wanted unicorns (to go along with 'the Fabulous' title) and those Falcosaurs. I know those things are love 'em or hate 'em. I kinda love 'em.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Any change on Shieldscar Doe becoming tameable in this patch? or if they'll even be considered?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Chya wrote:Any change on Shieldscar Doe becoming tameable in this patch? or if they'll even be considered?
They're still untameable, sadly. They were originally tameable during the Beta, then made untameable not long before release. I've not been told why, but it seems that it must have been deliberate. It's hard to guess their reasons. For all we know there could be some obscure function it's hooked into that isn't obvious to the player. I will, however, check with Shem, just on the off chance it was an accident.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Wain wrote:
Chya wrote:Any change on Shieldscar Doe becoming tameable in this patch? or if they'll even be considered?
They're still untameable, sadly. They were originally tameable during the Beta, then made untameable not long before release. I've not been told why, but it seems that it must have been deliberate. It's hard to guess their reasons. For all we know there could be some obscure function it's hooked into that isn't obvious to the player. I will, however, check with Shem, just on the off chance it was an accident.
Ya, went to go tame one when got to 110, to find they weren't tameable. Thank you, for saying you'll check with Shem. Just was really bugging me if it's on accident or intentional. Probably since it was changed it, it's likely not an accident. Just have to keep trying and hope they reconsider. Did send in a request.
*Good point though. Could be something need to do that's unknown yet, for them to be tameable. Just have to wait and see.
Jaxdia
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Jaxdia »

I really want to tame a snail. They are just adorable.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jaxdia wrote:I really want to tame a snail. They are just adorable.
I'm so glad it's not just me. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Still hoping for skyscreamers and armored dinos :D