Blizzard Vs. Hati non-beast skins

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: Blizzard Vs. Hati non-beast skins

Unread post by Shelassa »

Rikaku wrote:But regarding the val'kyr.. it either needs to be fixed and scaled down to be less obnoxious and made available for other Hunters to tame, or be hotfixed out since its not fair to other players to lock them out via faction (not in 2016 WoW).
The Val'kyr during the quest in Plaguelands is "Invalid Target" for Essence Swapper on PTR currently.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Takanuka wrote: ....................... if your crying about the valkyr's size then cry about Thok's size too cuz its only a tiny bit bigger than thok............. and the alliance always got better pets exclusively to them..... like the black and red or green ravager that was only attackable by releasing it thru a quest that alliance could only get.
Please be careful of your tone. By all means discuss, share your options, and banter back and forth, but personal responses that belittle or demean anothers have no place here.

If that was not your intent, please try be more mindful of the way you word your posts.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:Please be careful of your tone. By all means discuss, share your options, and banter back and forth, but personal responses that belittle or demean anothers have no place here.
If that was not your intent, please try be more mindful of the way you word your posts.
Yes please. I would add that if you are prepared to create a poll where there are options you may not like, you should probably accept the possibility that people may vote in a way that you didn't want them to, rather than delete the poll when it happens.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm sorry if I'm in the minority here and if it upsets someone. I do not intend for this to be taken as what I think other people should do or feel. However, to me, Hati is a wolf. A spirit beast with a connection to storms, just like his brother Skoll. Hati and Skoll are a nod to Norse mythology, where they are brothers who pursue the sun and moon across the sky. Hati may not be an average wolf, but he is one. If he wasn't bound to Titanstrike, I'd expect to see him wandering Storm Peaks with his brother. I don't see him as Titanstrike itself, or even as part of Titanstrike. He just sort of got stuck to it. He was a happy little wolf, bopping around Storm Peaks with his master and brother and then we came along with a our little "we need a bigger gun" project and things got messy. To save our stupid behinds, Hati jumped in and it nearly killed him. It would have if he hadn't been bound to the gun's power and bound to us. He wasn't bound to the gun before that. I doubt he knew it existed. Thorim did, but, I don't think he mentioned it to his wolves. So to me, it seems like he should stay a wolf-like creature of some sort, as respect to his sacrifice and to give him a semblance of the life he had before he got bound to a gun. When a reversal to the essence swapper is available, I'll probably use it to make him look like Skoll when I have Skoll with me. I'm not sure I'd go much further than that. That's just me, and like I said, this is not intended to be word from on high about what other people should think.

So, I guess I'm siding with Blizzard then, on the non-beast skins. :/ Don't kill me.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

If I create a post, as long as it doesn't break the rules i'll post what I want. And if I put up a poll, I have my right to take it down if I feel like it. I don't mean to be rude, but if someone is gonna talk demeaningly to me, why should I be the bigger man and sit on my ass?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Takanuka wrote:If I create a post, as long as it doesn't break the rules i'll post what I want. And if I put up a poll, I have my right to take it down if I feel like it. I don't mean to be rude, but if someone is gonna talk demeaningly to me, why should I be the bigger man and sit on my ass?
Why wouldn't you want to be the bigger man though o_O ?

Siggy under construction!

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Teigan wrote:If he wasn't bound to Titanstrike, I'd expect to see him wandering Storm Peaks with his brother. I don't see him as Titanstrike itself, or even as part of Titanstrike. He just sort of got stuck to it.
I feel exactly as you do, Teigan, down to the last word, and I dread the moment when the expack is over and something happens to our artifacts, because it spells doom for the pup.

P.S. Since it seems there is no choice to update Skoll's WotLK spiky model (which I love to bits, but it feels very awkward next to Hati), I use Thundermaw from Pandaria for Essence Swapper. That way I have two matching worgs with different tints :D

P.P.S. * shakes fist at Enh Shaman's doom wolf * On my Enh shaman I feel like melee BM - wielding the power of lightning and thunder and rushing into battle assisted by two Spirit Wolves.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Shelassa wrote: P.S. Since it seems there is no choice to update Skoll's WotLK spiky model (which I love to bits, but it feels very awkward next to Hati), I use Thundermaw from Pandaria for Essence Swapper. That way I have two matching worgs with different tints :D.
OOooOoo I never thought to do this! That's a wonderful idea. They were going to originally use that model for Hati anyway (but in different colours)

Image Image Image Image

so the lighter one would be just perfect for a Hati/Skoll pair :)

Also just so we are all on track...
Mania wrote:Welcome to the official forums for WoW Petopia, your complete guide to hunter pets in the World of Warcraft. If you are looking for a place to hang out and chat about hunter pets with other pet-obsessed hunters, then welcome home!

Our goal here is to foster a polite and friendly forum for discussion. So please keep the following guidelines in mind when you post or reply to a topic:
  1. Debate is welcome, but please treat everyone here with respect. That means: Disagree with the post, don't attack the poster.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Well! There I was wondering where my vote had disappeared to.

As far as the forum software is concerned, it should probably block deletion of polls (except by moderators) once votes have been cast.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Takanuka wrote:If I create a post, as long as it doesn't break the rules i'll post what I want. And if I put up a poll, I have my right to take it down if I feel like it. I don't mean to be rude, but if someone is gonna talk demeaningly to me, why should I be the bigger man and sit on my ass?
Because someone disagreeing with your opinion and providing a different take on things is not "talking demeaning" to you. You chose to take it as a personal attack even though the person didn't attack your character at all. Keep it impersonal.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Takanuka wrote:
Rikaku wrote: However, the one skin I do think that should be removed is Valkyr Hati. I'm not against Valkyr Hati because "its a humanoid", I'm against it for 2 reasons.

1. It's huge. It was annoying enough to have Thok and other devilsaur toes block the Hunter order hall. Now every time I enter the Order Hall or go to a FP in Dalaran, some Hunter is there with Valkyr Hati just in the way. If they want to shrink it down to player-size, than I wouldn't care. But as it is, I don't think any Hunter should have a pet so massive it basically trolls other players every time you happen to AFK on a flight point.

2. It's Horde only. I know faction-specific pets have been a thing before (like Spot in Dustwallow Marsh is Horde-tameable only or Rema in Blade's Edge is Alliance-tameable only), but in those cases the skins those pets have are available to all factions via other mobs. The fact that the Valkyr is only available to the Horde would be a bit more of a 'slap in the face' if players were allowed to keep them.

So personally.. non-beast skins for Hati other than the val'kyr.. have at it. Personally I dont care. But regarding the val'kyr.. it either needs to be fixed and scaled down to be less obnoxious and made available for other Hunters to tame, or be hotfixed out since its not fair to other players to lock them out via faction (not in 2016 WoW).
....................... if your crying about the valkyr's size then cry about Thok's size too cuz its only a tiny bit bigger than thok.............
I'm sorry you feel that way about me disagreeing with you, but if you read my post, you'll notice I did mention Thok. I bolded the portion where I specifically mentioned Thok. And as I said in my post, I'm not against the Val'kyr, I'm only against the current version of it. If it was fixed to be smaller, that's great. But I don't think any Hunter's pet should ever be so large that you impact other player's gameplay whenever you AFK.

I'm not sure if you're meaning me as "someone talking demeaningly" to you, but if you are (because you quoted my post before this), I'm sorry you feel that I was demeaning. My post was not aimed at any player or user here, nor was it intended to be demeaning in any way. I simply saw the post ask about people's feelings on the "non-beast skins" and I simply answered my opinion on the matter.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Shelassa wrote: P.S. Since it seems there is no choice to update Skoll's WotLK spiky model (which I love to bits, but it feels very awkward next to Hati), I use Thundermaw from Pandaria for Essence Swapper. That way I have two matching worgs with different tints :D.
OOooOoo I never thought to do this! That's a wonderful idea. They were going to originally use that model for Hati anyway (but in different colours)

Image Image Image Image

so the lighter one would be just perfect for a Hati/Skoll pair :)
Yep, the Thundermaw skin maps pretty neatly to Hati's default color scheme, so I'm good with my double old school lightning worgs. :) I'd love to see the other unused skins pop up at some point for people who want to change their Hatis to match both Skoll and the Titanstrike skin changes.

As for the debate of Hati forms.... He's a spirit beast. Period. He's Skoll's brother. No room for interpretation there. It's his loyalty and affinity with Thorim that cause him to be bound to Titanstrike. This is all part of the questline, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly a point up for debate.

The loophole is in the concept of the Essence Swapper, which is a tool that changes Hati's appearance. The way it seems to work is like a really intense hologram. Hati could theoretically change appearances to anything, so long as it's able to move. So to me, the door is open in either direction. Both options can be explained logically. So basically, it's up to Blizz on that one.

I'm agreed with Shelassa about Hati's future too. I don't want him to get trapped in a bag forever simply because we're not using Titanstrike anymore. :(

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!