Falcosaurus

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kelthos
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Falcosaurus

Unread post by Kelthos »

If Blizz perhaps feels that Falcosaurs are too special to just be flagged tameable right off the bat (there are World Quests and a quest chain devoted around their sudden appearance) then perhaps they could add a Hunter-specific quest reward item from the same quest you get the mount from that will allow you to tame them on use, like the Mecha Imprint Matrix for Mechanicals. That way it's a bit more special!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

zedxrgal wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:ooo!
I haven't watched "The Others" in a long time... thanks for reminding me!
There's actually a show called the others? :o :oops:
There's an absolutely fantastic movie starring Nicole Kidman called "The Others".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Incredible movie, slow burning, but with a very shocking climactic scene.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sukurachi wrote:There's an absolutely fantastic movie starring Nicole Kidman called "The Others".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Incredible movie, slow burning, but with a very shocking climactic scene.
I really enjoyed that movie :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Falcosaurs

Unread post by Wain »

In the latest PTR patch, the four falcosaur colours are still untameable, at least in every NPC I checked (= almost all of them). They don't have diets yet, either.

As mentioned previously, each colour occurs in a single colony, spread across one area of coastline in each of the four levelling zones, one colour per zone.

Each colony consists of four types of NPCs with a standard naming format: <X> Patriarch, Young <X>, <X> Nest-Keeper and <X> Matriarch, where <X> is the unique name type of that colour (e.g. "Bloodgazer" for the black/dark red ones). The Patriarchs are Elite 110s, and the Nest-Keepers and Young are are non-elite 110s. The Matriarchs are unusual in that there's only ever one per group, which occurs as a single Elite 111 NPC, and she's only present on the days where the world quest ("<X> Swarm!") is active for that particular group. The other three NPCs are always present.

I've added all the NPCs to the database, and classed them as Raptors, even though they're not classed as anything in the game right now. See the pages for :

Image Bloodgazer

Image Direbeak

Image Sharptalon

Image Snowfeather

I didn't see the Snowfeather or Bloodgazer Matriarchs while I was there, but their nests were present and I got their details from Wowhead.

There are also "Orphaned <X>" NPCs, which spawn when you kill the Matriarch. I haven't tested those, but I know they're linked to the companion pet quest chains - see Quintessence's epic blog for details.

Wowhead also lists NPCs for each colour named "Injured <X> Matriarch" and but I didn't see those present.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I love the color variations on them. They seem Gorgrond-ish to me though, not sure why.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When?

I want my widdle Snowfeather!!!
and I'll call him Snowflake.
and he'll eat my enemies faces!
And he'll be cuddly and cute and make cute little cooing purring sounds in his throat when he flops down on top of his targets' corpses.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Omg Sukurachi, you are too much! :lol: I agree with you though, I really hope we get these. And the owlcats. Please? I have cookies for whoever makes it happen!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

They still look ugly to me... jikun offspring look more like proper dino birds, I hope we get skyscreamers as tameable though :D, hoping for a troll content patch because trolls are now leaderless and all that :D, maybe get some subraces too :D
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So does it look like they will be tameable?

"Step on no pets!"

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sukurachi wrote:So does it look like they will be tameable?
Doesn't seem so at this point, which kind of surprises me. At least the hatchlings are cute.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Weirdly, not only does the quest text call them birds, but the minipet versions are classed as Flying. So when they do become tameable maybe they'll try to pass them off as birds, which would be freaking weird.

Someone is really stretching it if they think we'll swallow that those things can fly! Not even Steve Jobs could have sold that. :D
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Those utahraptor critters in Talador were classified as Birds of Prey even though they weren't fliers. I guess they were supposed to be 'chick' versions of the ones that did, but then again... they were guarding nests...

The whole bird/dinosaur thing is a giant sliding scale and where one draws the line is hard to really say. I mean, falcosaurs do at least have beaks and not teeth? go go transitional species...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:Someone is really stretching it if they think we'll swallow that those things can fly! Not even Steve Jobs could have sold that. :D
I dunno.. they DID make some of them white... and white sells.

"Step on no pets!"

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

So the Falcosaurs aren't tameable after all? Well damn, that sucks. :(

Here I was thinking that there was some secret method to tame them that I was missing. Guess not, eh?
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I had a thought. Clearly we won't ever be getting owlcats since that is the "hidden" feral druid artifact appearance. Yet the beasts are out roaming around the way that regular druid cats, bears and birds are most definitely not. Well, except those two in Ashenvale. But otherwise, they aren't out there. Except the deer. Almost forgot those. But they're "naked" deer anyway :lol: Does this maybe set a precedence for druid forms to have a wild version that isn't a druid? And, so, troll druids got a unique flight form (bat), what if they'll be getting a unique travel form? Would a falcosaur fit that bill? There are certainly some colorful ones.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Teigan wrote:Clearly we won't ever be getting owlcats since that is the "hidden" feral druid artifact appearance.
.... Does this maybe set a precedence for druid forms to have a wild version that isn't a druid?

We already had that. Look at all the Dire Ravens that we can tame that are identical to the druid flight forms.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Well, in real life birds ARE dinosaurs, so it make sense I guess ?
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Kurasu wrote:
Teigan wrote:Clearly we won't ever be getting owlcats since that is the "hidden" feral druid artifact appearance.
.... Does this maybe set a precedence for druid forms to have a wild version that isn't a druid?

We already had that. Look at all the Dire Ravens that we can tame that are identical to the druid flight forms.
Dire ravens? You mean the hawks? Yeah, I guess I did forget those. So, hawks, deer, owlcats, cheetahs, orcas...yeah, nevermind lol. I was just thinking more of the special druid forms like, the feral cat forms and bear forms from the artifact. But, nevermind.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Kelthos wrote:If Blizz perhaps feels that Falcosaurs are too special to just be flagged tameable right off the bat (there are World Quests and a quest chain devoted around their sudden appearance) then perhaps they could add a Hunter-specific quest reward item from the same quest you get the mount from that will allow you to tame them on use, like the Mecha Imprint Matrix for Mechanicals. That way it's a bit more special!

They don't appear to be tameable because even the young appear to talk to some extent. So it appears they are smarter than they look and cannot be tamed because of that intelligence.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Takanuka wrote:
Kelthos wrote:If Blizz perhaps feels that Falcosaurs are too special to just be flagged tameable right off the bat (there are World Quests and a quest chain devoted around their sudden appearance) then perhaps they could add a Hunter-specific quest reward item from the same quest you get the mount from that will allow you to tame them on use, like the Mecha Imprint Matrix for Mechanicals. That way it's a bit more special!
They don't appear to be tameable because even the young appear to talk to some extent. So it appears they are smarter than they look and cannot be tamed because of that intelligence.
Which ones talk? Or do you mean the odd noises the companion pets make?