Patch 7.1.5 pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Wain »

Shieldscar Does are tameable on the PTR (thanks Shem!), meaning the grey doe look is finally available to us. I'd take a screenshot but the PTR is unstable as frak right now - you only have to look at the screen the wrong way and it disconnects - but it's this one:

I checked Thunderhorn (yellow musken) but it's still untameable.

Checking other stuff now, in between DCs.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Huzzah for the doe.
I'm curious to see what else may be found.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

That's great news, thanks Shem and Wain:). Know you said you'd check with Shem:)
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Hopefully the Unicorns/Saberhorns will be too.
Zindi
Realm: Ragnaros EU

Unread post by Zindi »

I'm hoping for the black wolves in Halls of Valor at Fenrir to finally be tamable, I mean seriously, you give us a nice new wolf and no black option?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zindi wrote:I'm hoping for the black wolves in Halls of Valor at Fenrir to finally be tamable, I mean seriously, you give us a nice new wolf and no black option?
I expect they'll turn up post-Legion. Otherwise we could just tame the trash away.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

But, they could add it in as a new mob elsewhere! I'd love the black wolf and I was sad to learn it wasn't tameable. <3
(Unless there is a significance of it being only in Halls of Valor that I don't know about.)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalliope

Peridot wrote:But, they could add it in as a new mob elsewhere! I'd love the black wolf and I was sad to learn it wasn't tameable. <3
(Unless there is a significance of it being only in Halls of Valor that I don't know about.)
That is a more likely scenario. :)

I doubt those wolves are exclusive to Fenryr's pack, so hey, why not add more? :D

YouTube Edition

zedxrgal

Oh those jet black wolves. *drools* Yeah even if they remained only tamable in the HoV I'd happily die trying to get one. :lol: Those were my favorite.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Zindi wrote:I'm hoping for the black wolves in Halls of Valor at Fenrir to finally be tamable, I mean seriously, you give us a nice new wolf and no black option?
I would love to check those, but it's a bit hard on the PTR. Unless I can sneak past the first boss and all those packs of mobs :(
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

The mob packs, definitely—swap to marks and use camo. Race change to night elf if you're not already for some extra means of sneaking around, since race/faction changes tend to show up pretty frequently on the PTRs. The first boss, unfortunately not so much—there's a big wall that doesn't go away 'til he's defeated, unless it's changed.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Odd things going on on the PTR. AT least in datamined NPCs. Check out the latest beasts added here:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=date%3A ... npcs:0+7+1
http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=date%3A ... npcs:0+7+1

There are a lot of beasts with names that refer to specific old zones, for example Colossus of Ashi, Collosus of Regal, Colossus of Zora. I wonder if this is going into old zone additions/changes/instanced versions, or if these are maybe adds for themed fights in the new Brawler's Guild.

Intriguing, anyway!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Might be something to do with the new mini Holiday? There is a Silithid/Gate opening themed one right?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I think it could have something to do with that, as one of the links has Frayfeather Hippogryphs which I believed were mentioned in one of those mini-holidays as well! Such mystery. lol

A lot of them have weird classifications. Such as A saurok labeled as an elemental? -shrug-

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The holiday thing is possible too! :)

Yeah there's always a few NPCs that are mis-labelled. I suspect to save time they copy data from previous NPCs and sometimes forget to reconfigure some of it afterwards :)
zedxrgal

What I saw that was kind of a :shock: moment is seeing Clutchmother Zavas on that list as an elite. So much excitement.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm almost positive it's a holiday thing.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=257684/7-1- ... rld-events

Quote: Call of the Scarab (January 21 - 23): "On this date, the Scarab Gong was rung, opening the gates of Ahn'Qiraj. Represent your faction by gathering supplies or by slaying Twilight and Qiraji forces. The winning faction gets to fly their banner next to the Scarab Gong for the rest of the year!"
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've been checking the micro-holidays on the PTR, as they're all up for testing at the moment.

As predicted by folk here, the datamined Colossus of Regal, Colossus of Ashi and Colossus of Zora are all new tank silithids that are part of the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. They're also all level 113 elites and not likely to be tameable anytime soon, if ever. Fortunately their looks are all tameable elsewhere.

Tonight the Hatching of the Hippogryphs is up for testing, which allows you to sit on a hippogryph egg in Feralas and hatch it, so you have a baby hippogryph companion that sits on your shoulder for the day. While there have been a bunch of old-model hippogryphs datamined in the 7.1 and 7.1.5 databases I have not seen any used at this event, except for Lorthalium. She's classified as a beast, but she is spectral. She uses the new purple arcane model but for the most part that's not really appreciable with the spectral effects. She's actually also friendly until you hatch an egg, then she becomes hostile. She can be killed and drops an item that allows you to extend your hippogryph companion to 5 days duration. Lorthalium is a 110 elite, so it's not impossible she'll become tameable if/when our new family is unlocked, but it's probably less likely because she is spectral (unless she was made a spirit beast?) and it's a one-day event where huge numbers of participants who need to kill her are going to trump any attempts at taming by hunters. My only other thought is it's a shame the art team didn't have time to make some recolours of the baby hippogryphs for the event (say, blue or purple for the frayfeathers in that area). But the old one is still very cute :)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Re: pets, this twitter showed up today from Muffinus. Time to complain about those buff-less pets!

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Hunters: what pets do you feel like you HAVE to bring, in what situation? More specific info is best! (Muffinus)
Also hunters: some pet families are lacking abilities atm. What is your dream ability for that family? (Muffinus)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope

Nachtwulf wrote:Re: pets, this twitter showed up today from Muffinus. Time to complain about those buff-less pets!

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Hunters: what pets do you feel like you HAVE to bring, in what situation? More specific info is best! (Muffinus)
Also hunters: some pet families are lacking abilities atm. What is your dream ability for that family? (Muffinus)
That conversation was actually from November 30th, not today. :) There aren't any definitive plans at the moment, but they are looking into the situation.

Was wondering why my responses were picking up traction again...!

YouTube Edition