Larva pit fodder worm pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
lolrofljkbbq
Realm: Nazjatar

Larva pit fodder worm pet

Unread post by lolrofljkbbq »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew about the Red Jormungar (Larva pit fodder) pet and if it is still tameable or not. I ask this question because i would like to tame this color jormungar and pair it with a green Jormungar to make it seem like I have Acidmaw and Dreadscale (the colors i think they should be at least). I have looked around and the pet is spawned during a WoD world quest "Assault on the Gorian Proving grounds". However this quest (along with the spawn) cannot be activated unless it is an apexis crystal weekend (according to Wowhead), but sadly, there are no apexis crystal weekends anymore. So i was wondering if anyone knows about this spawn and how it could (or couldnt) be triggered to tame again.

Thanks!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Larva pit fodder worm pet

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Sadly, if you did that quest, you can't activate it again. You need to find someone who hasn't started/completed it to unlock the cages, preferably someone with a means to drop aggro so the worm doesn't default to them.

Good luck finding someone! A freshly boosted character should do just fine, if you know anyone with a boosted character.
lolrofljkbbq
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by lolrofljkbbq »

Ah okay. I got him tamed. I just had to find an alt that had the garrison campaign for Ring of Blood in WoD. then i got the key to open the cage on the alt then opened the cage got aggro on it alt f-4d then went on hunter and melee aggro'd the worm then was able to tame!

Thanks for your help!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's cool to know. I once tried to open the cage on an alt and then swap but it was gone by the time I switched. I must have been too slow.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.