Starving Wolf

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Starving Wolf

Unread post by Tilo »

States on the pet page that Starving Wolf, is in Vrekt, Stormheim duking it out with a Vrykul Shepard... however when I get to the location, "Mist of the Kvaldir" surround the area and there's no living Vrykul, or a Starving Wolf... apparently there's a quest or something I'm missing somewhere? thanks.
Last edited by Tilo on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Starving Wolf Inquiry

Unread post by Wain »

Tilo wrote:States on the pet page that Starving Wolf, is in Vrekt, Stormheim duking it out with a Vrykul Shepard... however when I get to the location, "Mist of the Kvaldir" surround the area and there's no living Vrykul, or a Starving Wolf... apparently there's a quest or something I'm missing somewhere? thanks.
It could depend on the day. There are world quests there and it may be that you were there during one of them. It could also be that the wolf was removed though.

Unfortunately I don't have time to check it out (leaving for NZ for 10 days!) but I can update the info later depending on what the situation is.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Well, I'll keep the post updated, cause it says it's a 'clickable bark' wolfy, and maybe it's associated with the wq that it isn't there right now. Thanks. ^_^
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's also possible it was permanently lost after the Helarjar quest was added. I'm not sure yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

"Helarjar Landing: Vrekt" is happening for another day, so I'll check again after it's over.
Signature Kamoodle []
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Back at the beginning of Legion, I tracked this one down and tamed it, because it vocalizes. Then I realized it makes the same sounds and looks the same as the specific Warsong Wolf mentioned in this thread by Acherontia: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 60#p522063
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Sweet, thank you much, I'll grab it as a place holder until I can confirm if our Starving Wolf dukes it out with the Shepard after the WQ is over :)

Finally it's not Harajar Landing Vrekt...
when it's not "Helarjar Landing: Vrekt", the Vrykul do return... found the Shepherd, but he's just pacing around with no Starving Wolf to duke it out with... so I killed him. Then a "Starving Wolf" spawned to the left in the bushes :)

If you kill the Shepherd, and feign, the Starving Wolf will spawn, battle a Domesticated Goat, eat it, then run off and vanish.

So if anyone is looking for this guy... wait wait wait for it to not be the wq for a week. :D

Signature Kamoodle []