Flaming Gara

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Anoeme
Realm: Azgalor

Flaming Gara

Unread post by Anoeme »

After going to Helheim, my Gara is now black. She stands in flames and gives off black smoke. Has anyone else had this happen, or does anyone know how it happened?
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012217_144418.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012217_144418.jpg (168.51 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Flaming Gara

Unread post by Quiv »

Its just a phase, Gara will grow out of it. (sorry couldn't resist)

Thats unique, I don't think I have seen that. Wonder what debuff it was. Does it persist through dismiss/summon or death?
Anoeme

Unread post by Anoeme »

Yes it persists. I have dismissed, summoned, even let her get killed. She shows the correct color on my log on screen and in her name bar. I made Hati look like her, and Hati takes on Gara's correct form despite Gara being black and flaming. My Gara has been like this for several months. When people in game kept asking me where I got my pet, I decided to try and see what has happened to my Gara.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

It's really cool regardless - if you ever figure it out let us know :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

That is very cool.

Have you stabled her at all?

FYI. Time walking & arena will wipe the effect.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

I have had that happen to a ghost wolf of mine, i summoned it in pandaland and now she had sha smoke on it.
cant test on death because then she will turn to the white wolf, and it comes back on resummon.
Eaaster egg like mage fire effect to satisfy our need for effects on pets? :shock:

that was a dungeon correct? and was it norm, heroic or a mythic? im going in to see if i can replicate it and will update if i can.

were you jumped by a fire mage? and did you just leave and it appeared or a resummon after leaving?
Anoeme

Unread post by Anoeme »

She has been stabled and remains the same. Why do you think arenas and/or time-walking will erase the effect? Helheim is not a dungeon. I remained in the zone from start to finish of the quest line that takes you there. I did log out and remain in there overnight. In Helheim I was killed by a group a couple of different times. I honestly cannot remember the makeup of the group, just that there was a group of about 10, so it is quite possible a mage was in the group. I first noticed the effect when I completed the quest line and was teleported out of Helheim at the end of it. I came out and my pet was black, in flames and smoking. She has been ever since. Good luck on reproducing the effect. I would love to know how it came to be. My daughter was also in there on her hunter, she left, returned, and was killed numerous times by mobs and the opposing faction, but her pet was not changed, nor was my son's pet; although, son nor his pet died in there.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Anoeme wrote:Why do you think arenas and/or time-walking will erase the effect?
Timewalking and arenas wipe ALL BUFFS upon entering. This includes appearances on a pet. I said that if you do arena or timewalking you're risking the appearance on her being wiped. Hence my saying it was an FYI. :) If you want her to keep it do not use her during TW or arena.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Pics please. I'd like to see a black flamy Gara.

Anoeme

Unread post by Anoeme »

Thank you for the FYI. I do not want to wipe the effect, so I will avoid them. As far as pics, there is one above, but I will include another from a different angle with this post.
Attachments
Second Flaming Gara Screen Shot
Second Flaming Gara Screen Shot
WoWScrnShot_012217_144219.jpg (203.18 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
zyggie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by zyggie »

I am going to bet since you were jumped by the opposing faction that a fire mage's artifact weapon procced upon Gara's death. That effect sometimes has a chance of sticking. I have run through Hellheim multiple times, yet i am far from that questline being done (brain wasnt working this morning and i should have known better >< )

i may try to keep putzing with it, yet my money is still on the mage thing. either way, you have something cool, keep her safe.

Cheers
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Is this something that only happens in PVP?

If so I would like to know if there is anyway someone from here could kill my Gara make her black and smoky this sounds like a cool thing to have.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I can say for pretty sure that having someone of your own faction kill your pet in a duel doesn't work - spent half an hour trying that with a friend a while back without a single proc.

As for actual PVP, I don't know if that would make a difference.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

In Stormheim, the FFA area is always active even when the WQ isn't active there. If duels don't work, then you could try there with a friend. I haven't played my fire mage much yet, so I don't know if there's any tricks or patterns in getting the special effect to proc.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Hahaha my raven caught the 'smoldering / burning' bug today! I hope it stays it looks awesome.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Talihawk wrote:Hahaha my raven caught the 'smoldering / burning' bug today! I hope it stays it looks awesome.
I'm guessing it was during PvP also? Can you remember the parameters?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Not really just that I was in Ashran. It's always so chaotic, and I don't recall when it happened. I'm just assuming it got nuked by a fire mage.

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

It could be that duels cause issues with the effect. If you recall, we used duels to capture buffed pets before in MoP, so there may be some stinker code they threw in that prevents effects from being permanently added while in duels.

It's almost certainly the fire mage hidden artifact appearance proc - but it may be better to test it in free-for-all fight areas like the arena in BRH if you need a same-faction friend.
Blackbirdie
Realm: Zenedar, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Blackbirdie »

Will add, that I had a fire mage friend, come kill my pet in underbelly, using different combinations of abilities. Didnt work :(
Seemed that it had the effect for a second, and then disappeared again..
I also tried sicking my pet on a random alliance firemage in Hellhaim, and had her kill it.. Didnt work either.

If anyone figured out exectly how this works, or if it suddently dissapears completely, I would love to know! ^^

Will continue to experiment a bit myself..
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Blackbirdie wrote:Will add, that I had a fire mage friend, come kill my pet in underbelly, using different combinations of abilities. Didnt work :(
Seemed that it had the effect for a second, and then disappeared again..
I also tried sicking my pet on a random alliance firemage in Hellhaim, and had her kill it.. Didnt work either.

If anyone figured out exectly how this works, or if it suddently dissapears completely, I would love to know! ^^

Will continue to experiment a bit myself..
Check out this thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24612