Tome of Hybrid Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

What other families in the Feathermane do you wish to be included

Pterrorwings/Pterrordax
40%
Roc
15%
Both
10%
Any other flying pet missing from the action _____.
35%

Total votes: 20

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Tome of Hybrid Beast

Unread post by Takanuka »

Who else hopes there will be more added in before 7.2 launch?

Maybe the Pterrorwings/Skyscreamers may require already having the dinomancy as a final trick maybe so those that don't already have the dinomancy tome even if they got this would need the dinomancy one for it or maybe after getting this from the questline you can find a rare tome farmed from a Zandalari that could appear as a rare somewhere here in the broken isles or maybe a new rare dropping from the warbringers and warscouts that gives a new questline to go back to the isle of thunder or maybe find remnants of the island nation of Zandalar for a kool brief visit of the sinking island aiding them in exchange to learn their secrets of taming skyscreamers after learning this new tome?

Maybe a new way after both questlines go back to draenor to find a rare arakkoa or maybe a rare dreadraven here in highmountains can drop a item to take to some arakkoa in draenor to do a quest to learn more of the arakkoa and learn to tame the rocs/dread ravens?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Tome of Hybrid Beast

Unread post by Talihawk »

there are quite a few feathered friends I'd love to have.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

None. And I'd prefer Wyverns be removed,they are not feathermanes.... in fact they are not feather anythings.

I would certainly wish to see them included, (how about add them to rylaks, or chimeras.... it's not like other families don't have single and double headed versions within, like carrion birds.) but add them to something that actually makes sense and doesn't contradict their idea all together.

I don't mind having inclusive groups form family types, but when blizzard starts throwing in....

Owlcats, Gryphons, Hippogriffs AND Wolfhawks!

....all into one MASSIVE family, yet they have a porcupine family... Not a Rous Family, Not Rodentian... just porcupines. :|

I don't know, I guess I'd just prefer they even things out a bit more.

Yes I would LOVE to see Pterrorwings/Pterrordax and Roc's in game.... but why not have a Roc family? Maybe move Teroclaws into it as well as they are massive and would make sense to add in also, and dare I say, dread ravens?

Why not have a Pterrorsaur family? Add in Pterrorwings, Pterrordax and possibly even Falcosaurs?

They have so many clean simple families they can use/explore.... yet they always seem to do the opposite.

And not to be a dampener on this new and fantastic family... but with they even have a family ability, or be just as defunked as every other family they gave us this expansion. :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's a bit of a loaded question since there's no "Neither" option. I also vote none.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rocs do not have 6 limbs and as such don't feel feathermane is where they belong and should be in birds of prey or carrion birds.

I still feel blizzard just needs to create mega families.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

SpiritBinder wrote:None. And I'd prefer Wyverns be removed,they are not feathermanes.... in fact they are not feather anythings.

I would certainly wish to see them included, (how about add them to rylaks, or chimeras.... it's not like other families don't have single and double headed versions within, like carrion birds.) but add them to something that actually makes sense and doesn't contradict their idea all together.

I don't mind having inclusive groups form family types, but when blizzard starts throwing in....

Owlcats, Gryphons, Hippogriffs AND Wolfhawks!

....all into one MASSIVE family, yet they have a porcupine family... Not a Rous Family, Not Rodentian... just porcupines. :|

I don't know, I guess I'd just prefer they even things out a bit more.

Yes I would LOVE to see Pterrorwings/Pterrordax and Roc's in game.... but why not have a Roc family? Maybe move Teroclaws into it as well as they are massive and would make sense to add in also, and dare I say, dread ravens?

Why not have a Pterrorsaur family? Add in Pterrorwings, Pterrordax and possibly even Falcosaurs?

They have so many clean simple families they can use/explore.... yet they always seem to do the opposite.

And not to be a dampener on this new and fantastic family... but with they even have a family ability, or be just as defunked as every other family they gave us this expansion. :?

Just going to quote SpiritBinder because this is my feelings 100%. XD

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

no because I think Wyverns and Wolfhawks should be in a different group altogether. And the rest in your polls too.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I really hope it's not a drop I have to farm. The dino books were such a pain.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Novikova wrote:I really hope it's not a drop I have to farm. The dino books were such a pain.
You can buy it outside the Hunter class hall. The catch (at least in this current build) is that you have to have unlocked every artifact trait on your weapon (including the new ones coming in 7.2) to do so. So yeah, make sure at least one of your artifacts is as maxxed out as you can possibly get before 7.2 hits.

Also, I'm unclear on whether unlocking them also means maxxing them.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

still hoping blizzard will hotfix this tome and let us have skyscreamers, I mean people have been asking for skyscreamers and dreadravens for a long time.......... :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They just don't fit. One is a flying reptile and the other is a giant bird. It would be better if they were either added to existing families or given their own.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Wain wrote:
Novikova wrote:I really hope it's not a drop I have to farm. The dino books were such a pain.
You can buy it outside the Hunter class hall. The catch (at least in this current build) is that you have to have unlocked every artifact trait on your weapon (including the new ones coming in 7.2) to do so. So yeah, make sure at least one of your artifacts is as maxxed out as you can possibly get before 7.2 hits.

Also, I'm unclear on whether unlocking them also means maxxing them.
Ah. I only have to unlock the 3 ranks of the dodge one and the 5% damage one. Not too bad, I guess.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Hyperbeast
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Hyperbeast »

No I don't think either should be added to the Tome of Hybrid Beast as neither are hybrids.

Pterrorwings/Pterrordax should have been in the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy. You don't learn Necromancy to control one type of undead right? No. So why is Dinomancy just about one type of dinosaur? The best we can hope for at this point is for the second volume of books to be published and that won't be till another Zandalari Patch.

Rocs and Dread Ravens should be Bird of Prey. If Rexxar the Beastmaster (sometimes spec changes to Survival) can tame one, why not everyone? I know if I was a hunter I would be talking to him at length to learn to tame one.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

The dino-birds... ehhhh, not really. Rocs and dread ravens? Also not really hybrids or especially funked-out. Would like to see them tamable, however.
Last edited by PrimalTazza on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I tidied up the discussion in this thread a lot by moving most of the off-topic stuff elsewhere, unless it would have made a mess of a post to do so.

The "should wyverns be in feathermanes" discussion took on a life of its own and I moved it to a new thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24634

The stuff on faction theme and wyverns vs gryphons I moved to the generic Feathermanes thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24628