Newly tamed pet missing ability icons

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GreenGlobeGamer
Realm: Emerald Dream

Newly tamed pet missing ability icons

Unread post by GreenGlobeGamer »

The pet action bar does not show the ability icons for any of my tamed pets. But, one did show after a while, though I'm not sure why.
The first one I tamed, a wasp from Loch Modan, did not have ability icons, but now it does.
The second, Timber, a wolf from the gnome starter area, does not, though when I change to other specs it does show them. When changing back to default spec it still does not have anything. Same for the Rabbot, the Weaponized Rabbot, same exact thing as the gnome starter rabbit.
I'm gonna try rebooting the game...
... well, that didn't do it.
My guess is that leveling up will show the action buttons for the default pet spec. The pets still do their actions, just can't see the buttons, nor turn them on/off.
Anybody else experience this? Is it 'legion' stuff? or latest patch stuff?
I'd like to know rather than just fumbling around, and besides, it is a bug, imo. Though perhaps it is rp to blizzard?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Newly tamed pet missing ability icons

Unread post by Talihawk »

it's happened to me, basically just have to take them out of the spell book and put them back on the pet bar. It's annoying as all get out. Also if you have the legendary ring, and it keeps changing your pet specs, it'll remove the spells from the action bar.

GreenGlobeGamer
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by GreenGlobeGamer »

lol, thanks, i forgot about that
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yah, though oddly if it's the ring doing it, you can just dismiss your pet and re summon and the abilities should show back up again properly vs pulling the abilities out of spell book every time. It's still annoying, but now I just log off with pet dismissed so when I log back in I don't have to summon and dismiss repeatedly.

Though, even more oddly, only a few of my pets do the "spec change" bug repeatedly. My crane, crab, and mechs do it repeatedly, but no one else. O.o