Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Feathermane Help Needed: Tome of The Hybrid Beast

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:How does it make it seem like everyone can live on the Earth forever? There is unlimited time, because Blizz isn't going to remove any of the rewards I mentioned. They will still be around after Legion, and still obtainable. So long as WoW is active, you can get them. That is all I meant by it.
unlimited = forever

everyone lives on borrowed time.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Novikova wrote:The thing is, people get tired of that answer. People can still be frustrated with a grind, especially one that's not really alt or spec swap friendly.

Also, it won't always be available if legendary weapons are removed - as cloaks and rings were once new expacs came out.
It is becoming much more alt friendly. As I have said, once you get a character to AK 40, you can buy AK 40 and send it to any of your characters. You literally do not need to spend Resources on AK on Alts. Just have your main do it. This will allow alts to get AP much, much faster.

I assume you mean Artifacts, and they will always be. Blizz has made several blue posts (as I believe I posted before) stating that the companion pets, mounts, and the Feathermane tome will remain even after Legion is over. As for the Artifact skins, we won't know. Blizz has said they may remove them and allow those who earned them during Legion to keep them as an Xmog. But, they also said they aren't 100% certain that they will do it that way. We will have to wait and see.

Pop, you're taking my wording much too literal. Yes, we all eventually die, but that isn't what I'm referring to. So long as WoW exists and is active, you will be able to earn those rewards. You are not limited to Legion. There is no rush to get these done (though I understand the desire to get the rewards). What happens to a person IRL is an entirely separate thing and, honestly, I don't know why you're bringing that into this discussion.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

I'd like to get this straight for my own sake.

Once this patch drops, in June, and we start finishing our quest line in the order hall, it's going to take me ANOTHER 11 weeks to complete the order hall quest line so I can tame feathermanes? Is this what I am to understand here.

I've leveled my Titanstrike to Concordance. I've maxed out ALL of my rep (Not required, I understand) for all of the factions. I've completed all quests. I can fly on the Broken Shore. NOW am I to understand it's another 11 weeks after the content patch drops until I can tame Feathermanes. I need clarification here. This perpetual goal post moving by developers is outrageously aggravating. Lets add one more point to our 3 point traits, then add 4 more, then add 1 more... NOW lets give them a drawn out quest line ONCE A DAMN WEEK(!!??). And lets not hand me some "Well your alts can do it easy now"... That's not the point. The point is... I've done what was asked. I've grinded everything requested of me. And now, here's 11 more weeks?! That's not right. It's borderline abuse. I don't care about a mount. I just wish to tame feathermanes. That's it.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Acadion wrote:I'd like to get this straight for my own sake.

Once this patch drops, in June, and we start finishing our quest line in the order hall, it's going to take me ANOTHER 11 weeks to complete the order hall quest line so I can tame feathermanes? Is this what I am to understand here.

I've leveled my Titanstrike to Concordance. I've maxed out ALL of my rep (Not required, I understand) for all of the factions. I've completed all quests. I can fly on the Broken Shore. NOW am I to understand it's another 11 weeks after the content patch drops until I can tame Feathermanes. I need clarification here. This perpetual goal post moving by developers is outrageously aggravating. Lets add one more point to our 3 point traits, then add 4 more, then add 1 more... NOW lets give them a drawn out quest line ONCE A DAMN WEEK(!!??). And lets not hand me some "Well your alts can do it easy now"... That's not the point. The point is... I've done what was asked. I've grinded everything requested of me. And now, here's 11 more weeks?! That's not right. It's borderline abuse. I don't care about a mount. I just wish to tame feathermanes. That's it.
No, the 11 weeks is the broken shore questline itself, called 'Breaching the Tomb' in your achievement panel. Each 'main' quest that pops up once a week at Deliverance Point is another piece of this storyline, once we finish it (just a couple more weeks to go) that should open up the scenario for getting your class mount.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Unread post by Acadion »

Vephriel wrote: No, the 11 weeks is the broken shore questline itself, called 'Breaching the Tomb' in your achievement panel. Each 'main' quest that pops up once a week at Deliverance Point is another piece of this storyline, once we finish it (just a couple more weeks to go) that should open up the scenario for getting your class mount.
OMG thank you. 100 times thank you. I've gotten all the quests done then. It was hard finding a straight answer... all the answers looked like it pointed to another long grind after the new content patch dropped.

I'm just ready to tame an Owlcat.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have the "Relieved of their valuables" part now, but I can never see any of those treasures. Am I missing something?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel

Sukurachi wrote:I have the "Relieved of their valuables" part now, but I can never see any of those treasures. Am I missing something?
The treasures are just hard to find sometimes! Especially with that quest being live now. They'll show up on your minimap, you just have to keep running/flying around (it's much easier to scout with flying). They also spawn in increments, so suddenly a bunch will come up at once.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank-you Veph.

Oh! And i just (like 3 minutes ago) hit exalted with Armies of Legionfall. Yay me!

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Hmm well i'm at 52/45/1 one prolly will have BM and Surv maxed out or surv close to it by the time it's open.. MM will be quite a while lol. The treasure chests spawn every 15 mins and all at once, once someone clicks on a chest that chest is only up for less than a min so it's important to grab them quickly.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:I have the "Relieved of their valuables" part now, but I can never see any of those treasures. Am I missing something?
The treasures are just hard to find sometimes! Especially with that quest being live now. They'll show up on your minimap, you just have to keep running/flying around (it's much easier to scout with flying). They also spawn in increments, so suddenly a bunch will come up at once.
I believe every hour they restrain (someone told me anyways) which is why they seem to come up in surges. So once you catch a "surge", try to keep an eye on the time and you should have an easier time.

I could be wrong, lol but someone told me this and it actually coincided with my own experience farming chests shortly after 7.2 dropped. I just never realized it had a timer of sorts lol

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

hey, another question about maxing out your weapon:

I have to fill up all the talents on the weapon to max (that depends on my relics, so between 4 and 6 points), but do I also have to get all four of those new extra traits that were added when I "upgraded" my weapon? (the ones off to the side, in a small circle. three seem to be 1-point traits, but one is a 3-pointer)

"Step on no pets!"

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Sukurachi wrote:hey, another question about maxing out your weapon:

I have to fill up all the talents on the weapon to max (that depends on my relics, so between 4 and 6 points), but do I also have to get all four of those new extra traits that were added when I "upgraded" my weapon? (the ones off to the side, in a small circle. three seem to be 1-point traits, but one is a 3-pointer)
Yes, you have to get those traits too. Only once you finish that new traits and the "extra" ones (from the quest, off to the side ones) will Concordance of the Legionfall appear. Thats the one you need to get 1 rank in in order to 'max' the weapon out.

GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

Vephriel wrote:

No, the 11 weeks is the broken shore questline itself, called 'Breaching the Tomb' in your achievement panel. Each 'main' quest that pops up once a week at Deliverance Point is another piece of this storyline, once we finish it (just a couple more weeks to go) that should open up the scenario for getting your class mount.
Is that just for the class mount or taming that we have to wait?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That is for the Broken Shore campaign, which is ongoing.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

GAJones4221 wrote:
Vephriel wrote:

Is that just for the class mount or taming that we have to wait?
Both, since the Class Mount is only available after the Broken Shore Campaign is complete, and you need the Class Mount in order to get the tome for the Feathermanes.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Poo, so you actually have to fill out the original traits (with the new ranks added) as well as the extra ones on the side? I've been rushing the side ones hoping that that was all that was required (in addition to all the other stuff, of course).

Also...does it count if I unlock flying on my priest instead of my hunter? I'm maining my priest this expac, so I haven't hardly worked on my hunter at all. I was planning on just sending the AK40 to myself once I get it and work on her that way. But if I was supposed to do all this on my hunter for the Feathermanes...oops. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Rhyela wrote:Poo, so you actually have to fill out the original traits (with the new ranks added) as well as the extra ones on the side? I've been rushing the side ones hoping that that was all that was required (in addition to all the other stuff, of course).

Also...does it count if I unlock flying on my priest instead of my hunter? I'm maining my priest this expac, so I haven't hardly worked on my hunter at all. I was planning on just sending the AK40 to myself once I get it and work on her that way. But if I was supposed to do all this on my hunter for the Feathermanes...oops. :lol:
Flying, once unlocked, is account wide. So you just need to earn it, it doesn't matter what class it's on since it's account wide :)

And regarding the traits/max out question, since it does come up. I'm linking the wowhead calc I posted awhile back to show what traits need to be filled out for the tome :)

Hope it helps clear some confusion!
Rikaku wrote:You need to have every trait maxed out, except for "Concordance of the Legionfall" (which is the 50-rank trait) which you only need 1 rank in. Essentially you'll need a level 52 Titanstrike, which would look like this with Wowhead Calc :)

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/hu ... 7wFfABZkAQ

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I've lost track—are we looking at the Tuesday after next for feathermanes still? Muffinus tweeted about birds recently and I want them so bad but we're still so far off that I was wondering if I maybe missed a week somewhere D:
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel

Xella wrote:I've lost track—are we looking at the Tuesday after next for feathermanes still? Muffinus tweeted about birds recently and I want them so bad but we're still so far off that I was wondering if I maybe missed a week somewhere D:
The Tuesday coming up next, the 6th, should theoretically be the final quest in the chain. I'm not sure if there will need to be one more week following the completion of that? But....I think we might be getting them next week??
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Vephriel wrote:The Tuesday coming up next, the 6th, should theoretically be the final quest in the chain. I'm not sure if there will need to be one more week following the completion of that? But....I think we might be getting them next week??
Ohhhh I hope so D: I'm gettin' antsy! haha

(meanwhile, 15k order resources from this week's quest, apparently. That's 15k more resources than my hunter needed—I've now surpassed my apexis crystal and timeless coin collections, though those have both been worn down over time by buying things with them)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.