Pet Transmog System?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Pet Transmog System?

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, you did start this whole thing out being condescending and now you're putting words in my mouth. Why did I suspect this would end this way....

And uh, -you- and others like you shouldn't limit my class fantasy simply to suit your own need to collect them all. To paraphrase...um...you. Bye now.

Edit:

You know what, I do want to limit you. And others like you. Fine. I'll just be blunt. I want to ruin your fun because it is better for the class and the game as I see it. It's certainly better for me personally, and to me, that is important. I don't dislike you personally, nor do I personally dislike others who are playing Pokemon. I do want a limit to stables and I think any more would be convenient but excessive. Let alone the completely insane idea of transmogging pets, for crying out loud.

In BFA, Blizzard isn't adding fancy new abilities because we have enough. Blizzard is doing things like adding stuff to the GCD and lowering threat output by tanks and squashing stats because things cannot grow endlessly for the health and integrity of the game. Enough is enough.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The fact is, most likely, any sort of system that Blizz could create would be forced on everyone, especially if works like the current xmog system (you get a piece of gear, you instantly gain the appearance). Thus, those of us that prefer to just bond to a couple of pets would be forced into a system that we don't support.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Myzou wrote: Then what's the harm of not taming all the ones you don't want, and keeping YOUR stables short?

Why are you trying to hinder people who do want a lot of options?
Myzou wrote: You realize you just said that the *only* solution is your personal belief about pets having meaning, right?
Not trying it be funny, but arguing with people that what they're doing is wrong and a hinderance is, in essence, saying that your solution is right and theirs is wrong. This is a matter of opinion and when you go at people who have a different opinion and, not only argue why it is wrong, but also imply that their mentality is damaging to a different part of the player base, people aren't going to comply.

Your mentality that you shouldn't be limited because you have a certain playstyle can be applied to the same principle that I don't want my pets reduced to skins and tags because I have a certain playstyle. You see where I'm going with this?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Krysteena wrote:
Myzou wrote: Then what's the harm of not taming all the ones you don't want, and keeping YOUR stables short?

Myzou wrote: You realize you just said that the *only* solution is your personal belief about pets having meaning, right?
Not trying it be funny, but arguing with people that what they're doing is wrong and a hinderance is, in essence, saying that your solution is right and theirs is wrong. This is a matter of opinion and when you go at people who have a different opinion and, not only argue why it is wrong, but also imply that their mentality is damaging to a different part of the player base, people aren't going to comply.

Your mentality that you shouldn't be limited because you have a certain playstyle can be applied to the same principle that I don't want my pets reduced to skins and tags because I have a certain playstyle. You see where I'm going with this?
No. My opinion is a pet transmog system should exist.

She's commenting on the compromise that *both* systems should exist, saying no they shouldn't because then she'd feel like she had to use the transmog system.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Myzou wrote:
Krysteena wrote:

She's commenting on the compromise that *both* systems should exist, saying no they shouldn't because then she'd feel like she had to use the transmog system.

But. I assume you know Blizz pretty well by now, huh? You REALLY think they'll set up a world where both systems would be a viable option? Can you tell me with honesty that you believe that?

And, man. You are SO stuck on the idea that I think I'd need to use whatever was put in place. As though that keeps you from having to answer any other comments? As though that invalidates any other points? Come on.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Myzou wrote:

My post is not talking about the specifics of you with the pet transmog and Teigan on both systems. My post is highlighting the hypocrisy that you consider someone's opinion a hinderance on what you want when it works against your own, but you're so quick to call other people out on it shortly after if they even imply that their playstyle takes priority over your own.

If you're going to make a topic asking for opinions, then don't try and argue and discredit other people's opinions when they aren't in line with yours to the point you're labelling opinions against your idea a 'hinderance'.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Myzou wrote:Curiosity.

For those who are against a pet transmog system, how would you feel if you were able to name every pet you tamed, and when you applied the skin to one of the default pets you had, it applied the name as well?

Would this solve your problem? After all, you'd be able to have one of every skin in game, named. You could form bonds with unlikely pets by mixing things up once and a while and using a skin you don't normally use.
That's one of the primary reasons I don't want a pet xmog system. I don't want to have a maximum of one pet per skin. Sometimes I like to stack identical pets. Like having a Tortos as a main pet, and have most of my dire beasts be whirl turtles.

Also, currently when a mob is made tameable, sometimes there's something quirky about its looks on accident. And some of those times, blizzard decides to leave in the quirkiness after the fact. With an xmog system, I expect there would be no more accidental quirky looks.
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

I'm personally one of the "collect em all" type of Hunters (probably since I've played Pokemon for years) so a transmog type system would be great for me. However, I do see where others come from in regards to the special bond with current pets and I feel the same about a choice few of mine.

For me, the main issue is I have quite a few rare tames in my stables which took a lot of time to get and I don't want to have to repeat that if, down the road, I want to use the pet again after abandoning. This essentially locks up that pets stable slot. Across 3 hunters, I have maybe 5 empty slots right now. It's not just rare models either; I have some common models in there too where I feel a bond when I use it (like with my polar bear on my dwarf).

As others have said, there really isn't an easy solution to make each side of this issue happy. I remember being ecstatic when they expanded the stables to what we have now, but just adding more slots essentially kicks the can down the road for the next person to deal with. I do like the idea of having a search bar for our stables though to make it easier to find a specific one; they could even make it searchable by pet family.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'd have a "void kennel", which would be kind of like when you "retired" a garrison or order hall follower. You could keep your rare (or time consuming) tames you don't feel like using for a while, but if you wanted to bring them to your stable, it would cost something. Maybe a gold cost to send your pet to the kennel, or a cost to unkennel one, or a limit of unkenneling one a day. It's something of a middle ground of "collect em all", and having a limit. Especially if the gold cost increases the more pets you have kenneled. That could keep pace between new pet models/skins added to the game and gold inflation.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote:I'd have a "void kennel", which would be kind of like when you "retired" a garrison or order hall follower. You could keep your rare (or time consuming) tames you don't feel like using for a while, but if you wanted to bring them to your stable, it would cost something. Maybe a gold cost to send your pet to the kennel, or a cost to unkennel one, or a limit of unkenneling one a day. It's something of a middle ground of "collect em all", and having a limit. Especially if the gold cost increases the more pets you have kenneled. That could keep pace between new pet models/skins added to the game and gold inflation.
I like this idea a lot.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

The last time this idea came up on these forums, someone, I forget who, suggested a sort of instanced area to stuff pets into that you aren't using, in a sort of void storage way. So basically, the same idea but somewhere you could go. Maybe use a version of the Fields of The Eternal Hunt, and you could go in and "find" your pet. I thought that was a brilliant idea and I would love it. But short of that, a void kennel would be great
John642
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by John642 »

Just want to be able to change a spirit beast to look like any pet in your stable. Only spirit beasts.
Raventoo
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Raventoo »

Guild Wars had an area to put your tamed pets.

The Zaishen Menagerie Grounds is an explorable area where the Zaishen Order takes care of the charmable animals you have unlocked on your account. Charmable animals can be brought in from the wild, or purchased here and trained for you by the Order. There are various climates in this one area that create the appropriate habitats for the charmable animals.

You can go anytime to visit them or retame.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Raventoo wrote:Guild Wars had an area to put your tamed pets.

The Zaishen Menagerie Grounds is an explorable area where the Zaishen Order takes care of the charmable animals you have unlocked on your account. Charmable animals can be brought in from the wild, or purchased here and trained for you by the Order. There are various climates in this one area that create the appropriate habitats for the charmable animals.

You can go anytime to visit them or retame.
That would be rather cool if there was a phased stable master building where we see all our own stabled pets in stalls :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Raventoo
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Raventoo »

It is phased. Only you could see your pets unless in a group, iirc.
Karasan
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Karasan »

A void kennel would be fantastic! I have the 'Gotta catch em all' mentality for most things but I remember how special my non-combat pets were to me and I loved them until now I have so many that none of them seem important to me anymore. I don't want that to happen with my hunter pets!

Even better is that idea where we can visit our previously tamed pets and re-tame them if we wanted!
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Karasan wrote: Even better is that idea where we can visit our previously tamed pets and re-tame them if we wanted!
They ought to do that just so they don't have to deal with hunters ticketing for their released pets back

A hunter can dream....

*sigh* I miss you, grub. I miss you, Jandvik wolf.