Pet stable Size Is not ENOUGH!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: Pet stable Size Is not ENOUGH!

Unread post by Vetiver »

my problem is that i HAVE to have certain pet families for the buffs they bring to raids, and they are models and skins that i don't necessarily like or click with. then there are all the RP/fun/trick tame pets that are mostly tenacity for some reason, and my spirit beast collection that i went to such ridiculous lengths to obtain that i will never let them go ever. i rotate them around pretty often. there are also 384053984579375 cat and wolf skins that are AMAZING but it feels like a waste of a slot to have more than one since space is at a premium. :(

please let me give you tons of my gold for more pet slots! or give a "stable addition" to blacksmiths or engineers! with raiding on my main and rbgs on my hunter i have zero time for other alts, they are all collecting dust. my other hunters are not the answer. :(

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

gormanghaste wrote:The spousal unit had an interesting idea: that BM hunters, when they are high enough level to tame exotics, would get 5 extra stable slots that can only be used for exotics. They would become inaccessible in other specs, but the pets would be available again when back in BM.
This, I could agree with, actually.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Cialbi wrote:
gormanghaste wrote:The spousal unit had an interesting idea: that BM hunters, when they are high enough level to tame exotics, would get 5 extra stable slots that can only be used for exotics. They would become inaccessible in other specs, but the pets would be available again when back in BM.

Very nice! Two thumbs up for this idea!!

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Comett wrote:
Cialbi wrote:

Very nice! Two thumbs up for this idea!!
perfect!!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

25 is bordering on insane. Any more slots and they might as well just let use tame as much as we want! :lol:
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I think if Blizzard keeps releasing a bunch of new skins (and I sincerely hope they DO), particularly skins on rare or harder to get creatures, it's not unreasonable that people are going to want more space.

At the start of beta, 25 was more than enough. Then, through the course of beta, they added 131 new looks. Then 20 in 4.0.6 - most of which were on rare spawn creatures, and who knows how many will be in by the end of 4.1. Not everyone's going to like every look, but suddenly, there's a MUCH bigger pool to choose from.

Not everyone forms a deep meaningful bond with their pets (or pixels, however you choose to look). Blizzard has, in so many ways, made hunter pets as collectible as mounts, tabards, and companion pets.

I was around for 3 pets (which was more like 2 since you had to keep one open to learn new skills), I was around for 5. Did we make do? Yes. I think 25 is large, but I can't fault people wanting larger stables. There's a LOT more creatures out there these days, and blizzard has the potential to release tons more.

How many slots though, is something I can't say. I'll make do with however many, but I would definitely like enough to grab all the rares and harder to get monsters that I'd like.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Cialbi wrote:

Yes, that sounds reasonable. And also, make the Beast Mastery a passive talent so we can tame low level exotics at low levels.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

The idea isn't bad but 5 extra slots still wouldn't be enough to cover what I'd like to have (considering what may show up in future patches... always got to think way in the future) and I already have both my specs used up and neither is BM. Either need a lot more than 5 and/or a tri-spec gold sink option (which I would love to see, especially for hybrid classes) to make it doable for me.

Still think gold sink is the way to go, because it allows all hunter specs access to more slots, but is completely optional.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I think stable slots are all right size they are, every so often I go through them all on all my hunters & sort out which ones I really want to keep & which ones I don't; though they all have similar stables, some are unique. Hopefully you can sort your own to see which ones you really want, & which you don't, or just make another hunter alt ^^ :hug:
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

No offense, but I really dislike how a lot of the default answers are "Make another hunter." What if I don't want another hunter? What if already having 4 or 5 is plenty and I hardly play any of the other hunters and would like to focus on one main hunter? I feel bad for the collectors being limited if they really only want to play one hunter and are told "make a new hunter or suck it up." Yes, 25 slots is very generous, but Blizzard keeps adding new and more awesome pets...those slots fill up VERY fast, especially if you're a collector of any sort.

Sorry, rant over. :) Just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

While this sounds nice, I don't really think BM needs more advantages over the other two specs. We already have exotics, and not every hunter who collects pets or wants more space plays BM.

If we're going to get more slots, make them a gold sink for all three specs, not something else you're forced into a spec to get.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm with Nubhorns not EVERY pet collecter is BM and by makeing extra slots BM only would be makeing them feel like Blizz is forceing them to become BM. I myself am not a pet collecter but if I was I would not want to be force to be another spec just to have extra slots!

It allso would be makeing people think the hole "The non BM hunters don't love their pets" bull to be true. Its not :S
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree that any extra slots should probably be a gold sink, it makes the most sense as it applies to all specs and is entirely optional.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

No no... you all don't understand what this is all about .... 25 isn,t enough seriously... What are we all going to do once we cant fill anymore pets?

I see why we have (Rare) out there keep us playing wow keep us busy! I'm about get bored again. Once i Success finding my damn Red Madexx for 3months no luck of Red Madexx! I seen 10 blue 15greens, 8 brown, 0 black.

Bm seriously need extra slots, Because we are Pet lovers we love collecting and everyday i log on i switch each pet to have some caring,loving :) each raid i go to i will change pets. They will all be used.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Lets evaluate what "flare" other classes have (flare here meaning extra shiny stuff unique to that class that doesn't necessarily aid in that class' function).

Um...

*thinks hard*

Right, so, hunters get more pet slots than they need, more pet variety than they need, and some of our pets even perform "tricks!" On the vanity front, we are babied WAY more than any other class, the bottom line being that I think Blizzard has already been extremely generous. While it may be hard to narrow our collection down to 25 pets, the fact remains that this is World of Warcraft, not Pokemon [insert color here], and 25 stable slots is more than enough. We have enough space for pets with important raid buffs, with slots left over for vanity.

Edit: I'd also like to add that beating dead horses is an old past-time of mine. ;]

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

pengupuff wrote:Lets evaluate what "flare" other classes have (flare here meaning extra shiny stuff unique to that class that doesn't necessarily aid in that class' function).

Um...

*thinks hard*

Right, so, hunters get more pet slots than they need, more pet variety than they need, and some of our pets even perform "tricks!" On the vanity front, we are babied WAY more than any other class, the bottom line being that I think Blizzard has already been extremely generous. While it may be hard to narrow our collection down to 25 pets, the fact remains that this is World of Warcraft, not Pokemon [insert color here], and 25 stable slots is more than enough. We have enough space for pets with important raid buffs, with slots left over for vanity.

Edit: I'd also like to add that beating dead horses is an old past-time of mine. ;]
I'd like to take the time to point out Blizzard will say otherwise....

Feral Kittehs have Fury Swipes.
Moonkins have Solar Beam.
Ferals in general have Skull Bash.

Anyone else seeing a lot of pokemon right there? anyone? I know my guild has noticed. Seems Blizzard likes pokemon a lot. :)

Lets not forget the 'Pokeball' symbols we see popping up such as in Ulduar.

So for those trying to use the 'this is not pokeymanz!' excuse......lets remember that Blizzard's put some pretty hefty references to Pokemon in WoW. Hunters basically are 'Pokemon Trainers'.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Been joking about my druid being a pokemon since I first saw the changes when they announced Cata and the talents and what not. :P

[/center]
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

All I feel like saying is that if this game wasn't at least on some level about collecting things, I don't know what my 111 mounts and 137 pets are doing. Plus the 30-something tabards I've equipped and the many complete sets of tier gear sitting in my bank.

There are achievements strictly for COLLECTING things. Blizzard knows it's a strong driving force for a number of people who play this game.

No, this isn't Pokemon (and I don't buy that excuse anyway), but Blizzard keeps giving us opportunities (and incentives to an extent) to gather more pets by introducing more and more skins to the game (a move that I am not at all ungrateful towards). What's going to happen if/when they introduce a new family or two? Hydras, basilisks, kodos, talbuks, stags, giraffes... whatever it is people are secretly hoping for.

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

I know that this isn't helping the hunters that use all their pets, but to keep me sane (for now) I have a list with all pets I can never ever ever release, and there are about 14 pets in there (but I have not leveled all 25 yet, so might be more pets as I go). So for now, I'm feeling pretty prepared for the patch. Adding more skins would not really be a problem, because either I like it more or not (or in the case of cats, have limited myself to one of each model: normal, riding and lion) but if they keep on releasing new families... that's a whole other thing. I know a lot of people wants the hydra, and I for one would throw myself over a dragon of some sort :lol:

Sig by me ^^

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Been joking about my druid being a pokemon since I first saw the changes when they announced Cata and the talents and what not. :P
So have I. XD I love it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine