Wolf +crit vs Devilsaur +crit

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Wolf +crit vs Devilsaur +crit

Unread post by Tilo »

Wolfy has:
Furious Howl Special Ability
Instant 45 sec cooldown
The wolf lets out a furious howl, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.

Devilsaur has:
Terrifying Roar Special Ability
Instant 31.5 sec cooldown
The devilsaur lets out a terrifying roar, increasing the critical strike chance of all party and raid members by 5%.

I got into a Baradin Hold run on my hunter, & was obviously using my Trakanon aka King Krush, what I found was that someone else who had the wolf howl, overwrote my devilsaurs' howl...

Now I don't have a wolf out to compare the cooldowns, but I'm wondering why, the wolfs' howl overwrote my devilsaurs' howl, when both give the same boost? I mean maybe theirs cast sooner or something 'shrugs', was just wondering.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Arcanimus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Re: Wolf +crit vs Devilsaur +crit

Unread post by Arcanimus »

The reason the wolf buff overwrote the devilsaur one is simply because the duration remaining was shorter than the maximum duration of the ability. Also, the Wolf and Devilsaur buffs are the same ability, just under different names. The only reason the cooldown differs is because you have Longevity and he doesn't. If you were to bust out a wolf in your BM spec, you'd have the same cooldown as with your devilsaur.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Could it also be them just overwriting each other? I know when I do a run with a mage with the +3% damage buff and I Have the 3% damage buff as BM, he sees my buff and I see his.
lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Same reason as a Pala and a Druid buff overwrite each other, you had you buff on it had been on for 5 secs then this wolf came over and reapplied it :)