Phoenix Hunter pet suggestion

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Phoenix Hunter pet suggestion

Unread post by Chimera »

Cataclysm rocked the entire world of Azeroth (excluding Northrend). Its not all fire and hell and a big dragon flying around torching the lands, its a doomsday and the races of azeroth are scrambling to find new lives in this torn world or in some places, a new life in a land that has also been given a chance to grow anew. There are lands that are growing not just burning.

Its the cycle of hell and life happening all across the world at once. Neltharion is not an aspect of fire, he is an aspect of earth and magma/lava is just molten rock, it too if given the chance to lower in tempature become solid rock once more. Imo i kinda see Cataclysm mirroring the huge scare people had/still have about how 2012 is going to be the end of us (i dunno in what way they are thinking we're gonna die, i am lookin' pretty hard at all the disasters we've been having though).

Firelands is just another part of the world becoming open to players. Its not the expansion but an arm that is attatched to the expansion, the Firelands have always been there much like how Al'Akir has always lived in the skies and Neptulon has lived in the ocean. It just so happens that we're seeing a trend of fire and lava since blizzard is focusing on the disaster side because Neltharion is at this moment flying around causing havoc and chaos and we will have to defeat him before we're gonna see ruined lands mended and the natural rythm of azeroth restored.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Xakaal wrote:Cataclysm rocked the entire world of Azeroth (excluding Northrend). Its not all fire and hell and a big dragon flying around torching the lands, its a doomsday and the races of azeroth are scrambling to find new lives in this torn world or in some places, a new life in a land that has also been given a chance to grow anew. There are lands that are growing not just burning.

Its the cycle of hell and life happening all across the world at once. Neltharion is not an aspect of fire, he is an aspect of earth and magma/lava is just molten rock, it too if given the chance to lower in tempature become solid rock once more. Imo i kinda see Cataclysm mirroring the huge scare people had/still have about how 2012 is going to be the end of us (i dunno in what way they are thinking we're gonna die, i am lookin' pretty hard at all the disasters we've been having though).

Firelands is just another part of the world becoming open to players. Its not the expansion but an arm that is attatched to the expansion, the Firelands have always been there much like how Al'Akir has always lived in the skies and Neptulon has lived in the ocean. It just so happens that we're seeing a trend of fire and lava since blizzard is focusing on the disaster side because Neltharion is at this moment flying around causing havoc and chaos and we will have to defeat him before we're gonna see ruined lands mended and the natural rythm of azeroth restored.
Oh no, I know it isn't the "entire" expansion. There will always be side-themes into the plot. I mentioned the BC pets. We were in another world so they gave them a "Alien" like feel to them. Wotlk had mostly undead, so they gave us Spirit Beasts, bone spiders, and some others. This is Cataclysm. Where everything is going boom boom and the Elements are on a rampage. Terrorpene is a mix of lava and rock in the shape of a turtle with probably a fiery core. Shale Spiders are from the dephs of the earth that has been disturbed and now we can enter. All they are, are rock and cystals shaped into a spider with tanking abilities. Now we are experiencing the full front of the firelands. "Fire fire fire" is the key word here for this patch. So why can't Phoenixes make a grand opening here?
Last edited by PorrasouxRex on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Xakaal wrote:Cataclysm rocked the entire world of Azeroth (excluding Northrend). Its not all fire and hell and a big dragon flying around torching the lands, its a doomsday and the races of azeroth are scrambling to find new lives in this torn world or in some places, a new life in a land that has also been given a chance to grow anew. There are lands that are growing not just burning.

Oh no, I know it isn't the "entire" expansion. There will always be side-themes into the plot. I mentioned the BC pets. We were in another world so they gave them a "Alien" like feel to them. Wotlk had mostly undead, so they gave us Spirit Beasts, bone spiders, and some others. This is Cataclysm. Where everything is going boom boom and the Elements are on a rampage. Terrorpene is a mix of lava and rock in the shape of a turtle with probably a fiery core. Shale Spiders are from the dephs of the earth that has been disturbed and now we can enter. All they are are rock and cystals shaped into a spider with tanking abilities. Now we are experiencing the full front of the firelands. "Fire fire fire" is the key word here for this patch. So why can't Phoenixes make a grand opening here?
Cause they can be much more creative than that? XD I'd rather them make something totally brand new that we've never seen before(excluding the firebirds).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:

Oh no, I know it isn't the "entire" expansion. There will always be side-themes into the plot. I mentioned the BC pets. We were in another world so they gave them a "Alien" like feel to them. Wotlk had mostly undead, so they gave us Spirit Beasts, bone spiders, and some others. This is Cataclysm. Where everything is going boom boom and the Elements are on a rampage. Terrorpene is a mix of lava and rock in the shape of a turtle with probably a fiery core. Shale Spiders are from the dephs of the earth that has been disturbed and now we can enter. All they are are rock and cystals shaped into a spider with tanking abilities. Now we are experiencing the full front of the firelands. "Fire fire fire" is the key word here for this patch. So why can't Phoenixes make a grand opening here?
Cause they can be much more creative than that? XD I'd rather them make something totally brand new that we've never seen before(excluding the firebirds).

Blizzard being creative? No wai. :lol:

But on a serious note, Firebirds and the Burning Crusade Phoenixes kicking some butt on our side in the elemental domain of fire? EPPPPPIC. Besides. Both Phoenixes will be in it. Let's not forget we won't just have the red, Crimson versions of the pets too. We can get green, shadow, and Crimson. Plenty available next patch. Usually the most epic pets are the ones you don't really expect, and aren't completely new to us. ;)
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Loque was an epic pet and he's totally unique....x3

LisaaraPokefarm

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:Loque was an epic pet and he's totally unique....x3
But don't forget he was the first of his kind, and he came out of nowhere. We've had Phoenixes for a long time, but they've been on some hunter's wish lists for a long time.

Look at Hydras. We've had them ever since the start of the game. But look at how many hunters begged Blizzard for a family? (*CoughsIhaveSpiritofAthacough*)

But anyway, it sort of goes like this: Amount of time in game that has been wanted for some time, or a unique pet that came out of the blue and started a new family. In this case, Phoenixes are both for some hunters. (Like myself. :D) But hey, it's not my fault people love spoilers alot more now than back in Woltk. :/ We saw the Fire Hawks coming a mile away.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Oh no, I know it isn't the "entire" expansion. There will always be side-themes into the plot. I mentioned the BC pets. We were in another world so they gave them a "Alien" like feel to them. Wotlk had mostly undead, so they gave us Spirit Beasts, bone spiders, and some others. This is Cataclysm. Where everything is going boom boom and the Elements are on a rampage. Terrorpene is a mix of lava and rock in the shape of a turtle with probably a fiery core. Shale Spiders are from the dephs of the earth that has been disturbed and now we can enter. All they are, are rock and cystals shaped into a spider with tanking abilities. Now we are experiencing the full front of the firelands. "Fire fire fire" is the key word here for this patch. So why can't Phoenixes make a grand opening here?
Ahhhkay Porr, yea we've been faced with 2 expansions that are all directly toward one specific theme i completely missed that your post was directed to the patch-to-be specifically and not the expansion as a whole, im sorry <3 Yea i would like to see at least one or two fire-based pets for the firelands, seeing as we got new wasps and another npc using the hunched panther model in 4.1 ^-^ (already its highly believed the lava spiders will be a tameable pet)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
But don't forget he was the first of his kind, and he came out of nowhere. We've had Phoenixes for a long time, but they've been on some hunter's wish lists for a long time.

Look at Hydras. We've had them ever since the start of the game. But look at how many hunters begged Blizzard for a family? (*CoughsIhaveSpiritofAthacough*)

But anyway, it sort of goes like this: Amount of time in game that has been wanted for some time, or a unique pet that came out of the blue and started a new family. In this case, Phoenixes are both for some hunters. (Like myself. :D) But hey, it's not my fault people love spoilers alot more now than back in Woltk. :/ We saw the Fire Hawks coming a mile away.
(I always laughed when people flipped when spoilers were revealed in Wrath. Was funny as hell to see the drama. C'mon, you know it was. XD)

We wanted Gyreworms since before Cata's launch but Blizz has said absolutely not. So I think thats how they feel with Phoenixes too, otherwise we would've had them before cata.

I'd like more fire pets myself, but I'm not getting my hopes too high for Firebirds or Phoenixes. I'd rather those fire skeletal dogs or the fire spiders.

LisaaraPokefarm

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:

(I always laughed when people flipped when spoilers were revealed in Wrath. Was funny as hell to see the drama. C'mon, you know it was. XD)

We wanted Gyreworms since before Cata's launch but Blizz has said absolutely not. So I think thats how they feel with Phoenixes too, otherwise we would've had them before cata.

I'd like more fire pets myself, but I'm not getting my hopes too high for Firebirds or Phoenixes. I'd rather those fire skeletal dogs or the fire spiders.
( Those were the days. :lol: ))

Well maybe it could also be possible Blizzard wanted more viarity in the Phoenix family. Now we've got Fire Hawks for another option. Also, I don't tend to discuss about the whole Gyreworm business. That was just a mess. It just didn't seem realistic that the spiders could be tameable, but the worms are on a whole different level. But again, moving on.

Perhaps it could also be the fact Blizzard wanted to wait on unleashing "Elemental" pets as the story followed, instead of just dumping the whole thing in one update.

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Xakaal wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:
Ahhhkay Porr, yea we've been faced with 2 expansions that are all directly toward one specific theme i completely missed that your post was directed to the patch-to-be specifically and not the expansion as a whole, im sorry <3 Yea i would like to see at least one or two fire-based pets for the firelands, seeing as we got new wasps and another npc using the hunched panther model in 4.1 ^-^ (already its highly believed the lava spiders will be a tameable pet)
Yes, 4.2 seems like the real deal when it comes to Elemental beasts being available. The Phoenix would be perfect for this. Because really, what else but a giant, flaming bird?

Also, it's okay. <3 :hug:

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:

( Those were the days. :lol: ))

Well maybe it could also be possible Blizzard wanted more viarity in the Phoenix family. Now we've got Fire Hawks for another option. Also, I don't tend to discuss about the whole Gyreworm business. That was just a mess. It just didn't seem realistic that the spiders could be tameable, but the worms are on a whole different level. But again, moving on.

Perhaps it could also be the fact Blizzard wanted to wait on unleashing "Elemental" pets as the story followed, instead of just dumping the whole thing in one update.
(It was lulzy and was as bad as spoiling the 7th Harry Potter book. XD)

Maybe. Anything is possible. And trust me, I know. Was kinda wanting a Gyreworm.

LisaaraPokefarm

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

Gyreworm smyreworm, I just want the Non-Jormangar worms to have burrow attack's animation fixed. Or was that done? Meh.

But anyway... yeah, I like the idea of a phoenix as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't be "Majorly" disappointed were they to remain untameable. I just don't much care for "Firey" pet's much, Terrorpene being an exeption. I -do-, however, pray for tameable Hydra's, exotic or no.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Jatbirkkal wrote:Gyreworm smyreworm, I just want the Non-Jormangar worms to have burrow attack's animation fixed. Or was that done? Meh.

But anyway... yeah, I like the idea of a phoenix as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't be "Majorly" disappointed were they to remain untameable. I just don't much care for "Firey" pet's much, Terrorpene being an exeption. I -do-, however, pray for tameable Hydra's, exotic or no.
i dont mind phoenix, they seem like a mage thing to me, but if they added them, every hunter would want it every hunter would camp it, those who had it use it for about 2 weeks then stable it for other spec/pet buff. i would try and fail at getting it, get mad at my friends who had it and bragged like no tommorrow, eventually id get it use it for a bit till the next best per came along, i used the silithid collosus non stop till well after i hit 85, i grew bored of it and started running around with karoma.
BUT the one pet i would never stable and always carry would be the Hydra, that black and orange one or maybe the regular white one, never use another pet... i say that now but who knows, maybe blizz will run out of ideas next expantion and make phoenixs spore walkers, seals, basalisks tameable... lol

signature thanks to Kurieno
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Cerele wrote:
Jatbirkkal wrote:Gyreworm smyreworm, I just want the Non-Jormangar worms to have burrow attack's animation fixed. Or was that done? Meh.

i dont mind phoenix, they seem like a mage thing to me, but if they added them, every hunter would want it every hunter would camp it, those who had it use it for about 2 weeks then stable it for other spec/pet buff. i would try and fail at getting it, get mad at my friends who had it and bragged like no tommorrow, eventually id get it use it for a bit till the next best per came along, i used the silithid collosus non stop till well after i hit 85, i grew bored of it and started running around with karoma.
BUT the one pet i would never stable and always carry would be the Hydra, that black and orange one or maybe the regular white one, never use another pet... i say that now but who knows, maybe blizz will run out of ideas next expantion and make phoenixs spore walkers, seals, basalisks tameable... lol
I'd always have a Phoenix and Hydra around with me. Ethier the Burning Crusade one for PvP, or the Fire Hawk for PvE. But yeah, I get what you're saying. Though I'd rather them give us Phoenixes this expansion or we'll never get them. Just wouldn't make sense for the next random expansion and go "Duurr hurr we made these big fire birds Tameable Phoenixes out of randomness. Here you go."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

PorrasouxRex wrote:
Cerele wrote:

I'd always have a Phoenix and Hydra around with me. Ethier the Burning Crusade one for PvP, or the Fire Hawk for PvE. But yeah, I get what you're saying. Though I'd rather them give us Phoenixes this expansion or we'll never get them. Just wouldn't make sense for the next random expansion and go "Duurr hurr we made these big fire birds Tameable Phoenixes out of randomness. Here you go."
That's never stopped them before from doing that.

LisaaraPokefarm