Warp Stalkers - Where is Their Warp?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nanotrev
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar

Warp Stalkers - Where is Their Warp?

Unread post by Nanotrev »

I made a topic on the official forums if you want to take a stab at getting their warp ability back in 4.2. It's something they really had no reason to lose yet was taken regardless to facilitate making pets normal across the board when they had nothing a turtle can't do better now to begin with.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 8?page=1#0
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Re: Warp Stalkers - Where is Their Warp?

Unread post by Ebonrook »

I would love to see their old warp ability come back... I mean, at least in appearance alone. It could do the exact thing Charge does, for all I care, but warping is what the family is all about.

/stamp of approval
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

/ approve
i do want it back aswell. if i had to chose i would switch the new skill for old warp in a heartbeat.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I want it back too. The slow is worthless, and it doesn't fit them at all. (Nor make sense, but that's something completely different.)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Agreed. Would be nice to have it again.

Was rather amusing to have the warpstalker pop up to enemies in the air and fall back down there. >.>

"I got you now oh no I don't. T-T"

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

/signed I miss my lil Sedalb warping from place to place =( was fun when killing the npc guards in the towers in AV... also amusing when she warped off the face of the earth a few times x) It was a fun and useful ability. she was my #1 tanking pet before the change- i miss her =/

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I tamed a warp stalker recently on an alt, and named it Porter, in honor of their former ability.
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

I definitely liked the old Warp-- so many fond memories of Miolo playing "now you see me, now you don't"-- but I'm approximately positive that they'll never give it back, just because it'd completely and utterly break the current system for pet family abilities. The old Warp was fun, but it wasn't something PvPers would fall all over themselves for, nor something you'd be relieved a hunter brought to a PvE group; making it the family's ability would, in current conditions, make it a non-competitive pet from a min-max-oriented perspective. On the flip side, it's just slightly TOO good to turn it into a silly little for-show ability like Trick or Rest.

Maybe future designs of How Hunter Pets Work would open this up as an option. If so, I'd be thrilled to have it brought back, I thought it was fun. But under the current system? No way.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I'd love to see the Warp back :) I recently abandoned my warpstalker after I realized that it had gone (yes I kept him stabled for that long, but eh :? )

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I would be esstatic to see the warp animation brought back to the family! That was one of the reasons I tamed Ironite to begin with! they are WARP stalkers, they warp. Even if it was just to add that animation for thier ability I'd be happy, or make it their charge/dash animation I'd be happy, I just really want to see it come back.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Nanotrev wrote:I made a topic on the official forums if you want to take a stab at getting their warp ability back in 4.2. It's something they really had no reason to lose yet was taken regardless to facilitate making pets normal across the board when they had nothing a turtle can't do better now to begin with.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 8?page=1#0
All sorts of signature abilities got yanked in the name of conformity - warp, monstrous bite, spirit strike (although power wise, SB heal is much better), etc.

Blah.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think its more the visual effect of the ability that is greatly missed.
(Although it would be neat if they gave the spirit mend ability the visual effect of spirit strike. right now its hard to tell (visually) that you used spirit mend.)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

My favorite comment; "I'm surprised that this thread has survived thus far without a single troll." xD
Go Petopia! Trolls

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Makoes wrote:I think its more the visual effect of the ability that is greatly missed.
(Although it would be neat if they gave the spirit mend ability the visual effect of spirit strike. right now its hard to tell (visually) that you used spirit mend.)
Yes, and yes.

EDIT: Specifically what I'd like to see is stuff like...

Warp. Restore it as a bonus ability - "when the warp stalker charges, it appears to teleport", e.g. same actual game effect but with the "special" look. I'd love this as warp stalkers (imho ofc) look dorky when they run...

Monstrous Rage. Another bonus ability - "when the devilsaur uses Monstrous Bite, it will grow. This stacks up to 3 times".

Etc.
Last edited by Worba on Tue May 24, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

I think the spirit strike---spirit mend wouldn't make sense. Why would you give a heal the animation of a damage ability? it's like giving regrowth moonfire anims. Since Spirit mend has regrowth animations I think it's fine unless of course Blizz decides to amp up both abilities anims. The only place I need to see my pets heal anyway is in the health bar! :D

As for Warp, I'd like that back. Just because I remember Terokkar being horrible with the boom-suddenly-behind you warpies.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I cried the day the Stalkers lost their warp, but I do find the slow useful atleast to myself in a pvp situation because I am in a pvp server it helps me keep distance and for cooldowns to finish while I move around. This is my personal opinion only.

They could easily make it so that Warp stalkers who specced in charge (which most tank pets are) would be warp instead of charge.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Agreed! As my red warp stalker is one of my absolute favorite pets, I do miss this. *Makes a mental note to sign this later when not mobile*

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

im all for changing the Charge animation for Warp Stalkers, thats all they need for me, i love their slow, i noticed it worked on some bosses back when cata was released, plus once hydras come out, my troll is so going to be a reptile collector, Snakes, Warps and Hydras <3