The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Re: The New Eight Rares

Unread post by Lohuran »

Jessibelle wrote:
Cblaze12 wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I think people are starting to get overly picky about what a "unique" skin is. Recolorings are still unique. They may seem "less unique" than Loque, who has his own model base, but they are just as unique in the most technical sense.
I usually choose not to post but I will say this. I think at this point the class is lacking and has a defeated community, on offical forums and AJ, and as a 2200+ hunter I know well the frustrations we all feel. Pets at this point are all that keep some hunters interested in the class. I personally love my hunters playstyle, and as a PVP only kind of hunter I can't stand how clunky and clumsy we are at this point. Back to the main point, with all of the above said and all of the grumbling in the hunter community lately, alot of hunters were hoping for loque style pets, new models/concepts. Not saying what we got now isn't great seeing how alot of people wanted the unused models. I just think alot of the bitterness and complaining stems from hunter issues, and being given unused skins of a current model and not brand new ones when everyone had the expectations of some new mind blowing art concepts and models only to be let down, is whats leading to all the groaning on threads here.

Just my 2 cents, i personally don't care, I'll tame them all anyway, I think i speak for alot of hunters who are upset/frustrated and were hoping to have some cool new stuff thrown out there. Sure the developers aren't entitled to pump out new stuff for your class, but attitudes like that are what cost WoW 500k subs lately here, alot of high end hunters are re-rolling and quitting PVP. If warriors get rallying cry,and shamans get spirit link, and every other class gets something cool gimmicky, and we just get nerfs after nerfs, we better damn well get a shiny new pet to show off if developers won't do anything else for us. Again thats my opinion of the attitudes thrown out around here, and I think rightly justified. Pets are all we really got, if we aren't getting anything special ability wise, we should have atleast have a new pet whose color wasn't changed in paintshop.

Anyway keep up good work wain and noah, I personally appreciate the bone being tossed this way. I'm still hoping for a spirit devilsaur/raptor though..too many cats...to many cats, your making hunters into crazy cat ladies at this point.
I'm still waiting to see what huge nerfs we got cause only huge nerf I've seen is multi-shot. The rest is all just minor tweaks.
I dunno about all that...hunters are actually in a good spot right now. I was just, y'know...We get a new owl beasty, then a cat, then another cat...I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sasrei wrote:Well guys interesting note is that a GM crashed our little party :lol: He said that the rest will be found in molten front, so 3 in mount hyjal and the rest in molten front. And yes we have a petopians channel if you want to join in anytime ^.^
<3 our GM visitor!

I was tabbed out when he turned up; was the freakiest thing to tab back into! :lol:

We're on Anasterian (US PvE). :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Lohuran, that certainly isn't the case in PvP, which is what Cblaze is interested in. But, we are drifting way off-topic now.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Cblaze12 »

Jessibelle wrote:Well here's the thing you must ALWAYS remember.....

Balance PvE and PvP to where everyone is happy....is impossible. Never gonna happen. Honestly, Blizzard needs to make pvp stuff and pve stuff SEPARATE. That way both can be tweaked as necessary. Totalbiscuit has commented on that. PvE will get the most attention so long as the two are connected.

Now....in BGs and TB....I've not had any problems as a BM hunter using a spider. I have the horde running from me or trying to find me to kill me cause I'm being annoying to them. I'm not sure how it is in arena but on my server, people are begging for hunters in arena. So PvP isn't that bad off.
I won't argue there PVE is always a priority in this game, the problem with hunters atm is focus works great in PVE and is absoluetly terrible in pvp, so its a hard thing for developers to address. Like I said sub 2k arena is w/e, as an avid BM hunter myself its pretty faceroll vs baddies, I'm a 2480MMR BM hunter, trying to push to glad this season, so far the only setting i've personally felt comfortable in this season was 5's, and thats running ret/fury/bm/sub/rsham at a 82% Win/loss, would be 100% but our warrior spends to much time alt tabbed and missing ques. KFC asked for hunters because of scatter/trap, instant CC while the warrior solo's someone, PHDK 2.0 is a result of broken frost dks, comps aren't formed because of the hunter, but as a pure dps class were a valuable "support" assest to broken melee trees. Anyone who thinks hunters are fine play below 2200MMR, or are delusional and really think their partners numbers/capabilities are their own. A look at our class forums, and arena junkies hunter forums you'll find everyone telling you as much as I am, only on petopia are hunters happy 8-) Anyway not gonna detrail thread.

Basically, hunters got nothing this expansion but a headache, most classes got some pretty cool abilties, we got nothing. Like I said, alot of the complaining about new pets from people here are a result of getting pretty much nothing this expansion, while everyone got cool new stuff, we expected new pet concepts/models to placate a community already feeling like it got shafted and got none of that. When people see DKs dark sim, or run around with transformed ghouls, or warlocks hand of guldan, or mage ring of frost etc etc etc. As a hunter you got nothing to show but a worthless predator effect ability, and what you were hoping would look as cool as fandral staghelms cat form at your side only in turn to have a blue gondria. Can you really blame or flame people for venting over stuff when the notes read

8 new rare tamable beasts have been added, each of which provides a unique taming challenge. Will you be the first hunter to tame Deth'tilac, the rarest and most powerful of them all? Players will need to progress through the Hyjal Regrowth and Molten Front daily questing areas in order to unlock access to the full gamut of taming challenges.

I see both ends of the arguement, the favorable and unfavorable side, but I think most just expected something to raise their spirits thats all.

See how words like "new" "rare" throw people through a loop?

Edited for multiple spelling errors multiple times, I know its late and im tired
Last edited by Cblaze12 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Sasrei wrote:Well guys interesting note is that a GM crashed our little party :lol: He said that the rest will be found in molten front, so 3 in mount hyjal and the rest in molten front. And yes we have a petopians channel if you want to join in anytime ^.^
Ah, that is good to know! I'm excited to see what else is coming in these pets.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Love going onto new low pop servers haha found Anhka to! I swear they like.. switch or something haha oh and you guys will tell me if its too many images or what not on the front page.. images dont work for me anymore (not a clue why) so I dont know how big they are. I could always just do 1 good image and have the rest for you too look at if you want to clicky

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Sasrei wrote:Love going onto new low pop servers haha found Anhka to! I swear they like.. switch or something haha oh and you guys will tell me if its too many images or what not on the front page.. images dont work for me anymore (not a clue why) so I dont know how big they are. I could always just do 1 good image and have the rest for you too look at if you want to clicky
Does Anhka race around like Magria?

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Aettis »

Skitterflame, another spider has been spotted in http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 36&t=12172
Ren of <Haven>, US Proudmoore
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

1. Ban'thalos(Spirit Beast Owl)
2. Ahnka(Spirit Beast Green Spectral Kitty)
3. Magria(Spirit Beast Blue Spectral Kitty)
4. Solix(Orange Spider)
5. Skitterflame(Red Spider)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

none of them make me go squeeee yet :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:6. Deth'tilac (purple spider) :D
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 36&t=12173
Isn't Deth technically supposed to be 8? Since he's the hardest?

LisaaraPokefarm

Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aettis »

Btw, are these spiders spirit beasts? I've been assuming so, due to the trend and difficulty factor. Because I swore that the red/orange spiders were tamable?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Aettis wrote:Btw, are these spiders spirit beasts? I've been assuming so, due to the trend and difficulty factor. Because I swore that the red/orange spiders were tamable?
No they aren't. :3

Red was. Orange wasn't.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

sigh.. I'm beginning to get dissapointed as well.

3 spiders that I'll never tame as they have no raid use, and I'm not real fond of the model (3 colors of the same model, correct?)

3 spirit beasts that I may eventually tame, but nothing I'll chase after hardcore.

This isn't looking good.

I suspect we'll have one more spider, and one other misc spirit beast.

Edit: and nothing that will look good with my orc hunter. :|
Last edited by Slickrock on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Aettis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aettis »

Also, according to a post, 2 others were found.
Kirix (Green toxix spider) http://imageshack.us/f/198/kirixq.jpg/
Anthriss (Yellow Spider)

Edit: So wait, thats 5 spiders, 2 cats, and an owl? :< Kinda disappointed. Was hoping for more than just 3 models.
Edit 2: And the spiders aren't spirit beasts? :\ Bleh, a slight let down.
Last edited by Aettis on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

1. Ban'thalos(Spirit Beast Owl)
2. Ahnka(Spirit Beast Green Spectral Kitty)
3. Magria(Spirit Beast Blue Spectral Kitty)
4. Solix(Orange Spider)
5. Skitterflame(Red Spider)
6. Kirix(Green Spider)
7. Anthriss(Yellow Spider)
8. Deth'tilac(Purple Spider)

I will say...I'm kinda disappointed the rest were all spiders.
Last edited by Lisaara on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think the surge in hunters attempting trick tames has gotten Blizzards attention in a possative light! Finally its not just trap tame done, but actually making the Tame itself chellanging. Something I have been really longing for, for far to long!

And the methods are awsome in disuading any non-hunters from griefing the spawns themselves. I am really impressed by blizzards take on these new tame methods.

Thank you Blizzard!!!

(however I due long for more unique models as well, spiritbeast have far to many cat models...actually the game has way to many...other families need love to)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Aettis wrote:Also, according to a post, 2 others were found.
Kirix (Green toxix spider) http://imageshack.us/f/198/kirixq.jpg/
Anthriss (Yellow Spider)

Edit: So wait, thats 5 spiders, 2 cats, and an owl? :< Kinda disappointed. Was hoping for more than just 3 models.

5 colors of the same model.

That's rather dissapointing. I'll certainly pass. Sigh.. Just when things were getting exciting.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Are we certain all those spiders are the ones of the 8 challenges?

If so...meh. I'll be getting the spirit beasts and Deth'tilac. thats all.

LisaaraPokefarm