The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: for buffs)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

deadpuppies wrote:any hunter that needs help is a wuss and barely deserves their ranged weapon

Please stop crying.
As a newcomer to posting here, you are probably not knowledgeable of our forum policies. Debate is welcome, but please treat everyone here with respect. Name-calling is inappropriate, as we wish to maintain a polite and friendly environment.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

A tamed pet is a successfully tamed pet. Yes, all of the challenge tames can be soloed, but that doesn't mean they have to be.

Taming elitism is ridiculous. "Your pet is less worth because you didn't tame it solo." BS. If outside help/gear/whatever was a requirement for these tames, then they would be phased or otherwise untouchable by other players while the hunter is taming.

It's wonderful that you find it important to rise to the "true challenge" of the challenge tames, but please don't storm in here and insist that everyone else does it the same way. They don't tell you how to play either.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Wow.. really? Is that really necessary? These tames are made easier by the HELP from the community as awhole, do specific specs help? Heck yes they do. And I have been on the ptr testing these rares along with others since it was announced that they have 8 new rares coming out. I have tamed them on numerous servers, testing out different ways to tame to them, and helping people out along the way. I would rather help someone get a rare with the strat or us thinking of new ways to tame them, then just taking every single rare spawn. Having more perspectives, and different skill levels has helped me to tweak my strats alot.

Can you tame these guys solo? Yes, and infact most of them require it, just because misscommunication can result in a dead rare. But to call people a wuss because maybe they are having some sort of trouble, and someone is nice enough to help them please dont insult them. I actually think its extremely nice when people go out of their way to help someone get something they enjoy instead of the jerks that I have come across who just want to either kill it, steal your tame or kill you. Deth takes quite awhile to get low enough in health, not alot of people would be so kind to sit and watch you kite deth countless times for 8-10 mins each. Even if you have great kiting skills, her evading sucks. Skill will not prevent your rare getting killed on you. Extra haste or a mutal respect from others there will help. Do I promote the use of extra haste? Not really no. Its more fun without it, but alot more nerve wrecking.

It is based on raw skill, but its also based on knowing the strats, clearing the area ahead of the time for specific rares (like Deth, Skitter and Anny) and alot of things can go wrong that has nothing at all to do with skill.

What you do on your server is your on perrogative. All I am trying to do is help people to know the strats. These rares require knowing the strat, skill and heck even luck to tame. And I know about what specs are needed for what rare :) I have a few test dummies I mean.. uhh.. sweet people on each server giving me the heads up to. The thing is these rares keep getting tweaked, what worked before may not work now, they may get buffed or nerfed. Which is why its nice for people of every skill working on them. No matter I will ALWAYS promote unity in the hunter community, if someone asks for my help to tame a rare. I will glady do everything I can to help them. Though I do think people should attempt these guys solo just becuase on live you may not have a helping hand and knowing you can do it, is the biggest boost of all.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

deadpuppies
Realm: skullcrusher

Unread post by deadpuppies »

I dont want to be misunderstood. I have the utmost respect for any hunter that atempts a solo tame without a "carry" from a gazillion non hunter class buddies. While testing on ptr I ran into several hunters with their entourage in tow. "Really 3 druids, 2 Pallys, and a partridge in a pear tree lending their buffs? Ganking me mid tame? So that I can run back to my corpse and see them fail anyway despite their pots LoL???"
It was Actually fun to watch them all get 1--2 shotted by Skarr to run back and see me finishing off the successful tame...only for the hunter to make a horde toon and ask me how??? "Really--didnt u and your buds just gank me??"

The Grouping of these types of hunters with entourage in tow trying to bully past the very point of these "challenge tames" is lost completly and is somewhat a smack in the face to the blizz developers of the hunter challenge in my opinion. Dont we want them to keep making things exciting?
challenging?
Thats my main point really. And in my post I said that I would gladly step aside to any hunter that got to the camp first.

42 hunters in our H.U. are all wired that way on my server-- we all cooperate and help out fellow hunters--but carrys?? Nah--Hunters being carried in my opinion to tame a pet by a deifferent class buff, potion, etc. is very weak.

With all of the ability to test these rare challenge tames on ptr and all of the info on petopia/ Lethoix guild web page( which is being plugged discreatly just now btw)A hunter reeeeeeaaaally should be able to nab these pets solo and walk proud at the achievement of being able to do so without help. Otherwise where is the point in making them challenge tames??
Anyone can run into sfk at level 85 and own..anyone can solo pre wotlk dungeons etc. There is zero challenge. Disarming these challenges with non hunter help is kind of a waste if you ask me. Sorry if anyone was offended by me calling that type of hunter a wuss...but that type of hunter has yet to exist because this hasnt gone live yet..we will find out if they exist at all in a few days...so no one should be offended :)

With that said if you are out there to each their own I guess. I was just excited that blizz did something for hunters and didnt want that to get disarmed/wasted/pointless. Taming a pet should be more then pointing and pressing a button--just my opinion.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

While I understand what you are trying to say, saying it so rudely is not the correct way. Some people don't have the coordination to do it on their own. What if I told you I was severely ADD and couldn't get my timing perfect, so I had to use a haste pot? I must be a wuss that barely deserves my crossbow, and don't have balls.

Seriously, you elitists. I have no problem with them here in general, but if they want to be jerkwads I'm going to have to ask them *cough you heard me cough* to respectfully leave us alone. So what if we need a little help? Are we idiots? Noobs? Wusses? No, so lay off please, and feel free to come back when you have respectful, non-demeaning things to say.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Non hunter class buddies? Ive only ever had hunters helping each other out. Extra traps for skitter/solix and sacrificies for Deth. Never had any other class really. Unfortunate that people are ganking you while you are taming, that is extremely ignorant and a main reason why I dont go on the pvp servers, for my sanity and theirs since id kinda.. corpse camp them for awhile (no I am not proud of that but still.. sadly you gank me.. I find you)

People who dont know the strats will have a ton of trouble taming it, unless they figure it out on their own. On the ptr they may get lucky to be with that same rare for a half hour to over 2 hours without anyone coming to take the tame or kill it. On live people wont be so lucky. And I did lose your main point in the post cause all you put was hunters who dont do it solo are wusses. To that I dont agree with at all. Even with being fully prepared, reading the strats and having everything ready there are alot of variable that can arise and extra help is nice. Even if it is just killing the mobs who pops on you. Nor do I think using a corehound or haste potions make you a wuss, considering only Kirix would be affected by it challenge wise. Solix, Deth, Skitter, Anthriss even its all mechanics you have to do to get them to the point to acually tame them. So I dont really get your point.. Skarr/Karkin, one silence shot and no worries. So any haste or what not would affect them, Deth you should have had more then enough room to attempt the tame in the first place.

I think the challenges are fun to do solo but I am not going to insult people if they cant or dont think they can do it and would rather get some extra help. End of the day its for a pet. How you get it I dont care as long as you get the pet you really like.

so yay plugging?.. *clap clap*

oh and atleast for a few weeks or so.. I expect many many server restarts, dcs, and all that fun stuff. So for awhile atleast if you find them use what you can :lol You can be prepared for the 10, but "server restarts in 9 minutes" is enough to freak anyone out especially when they are staring at Deth :lol:
Last edited by Sasrei on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope

Hold on.

You're complaining about mid-tame ganks? On a PvP server?

You should be expecting that sort of behavior, even on the PTR. I certainly am anticipating it on live.

This is a completely separate issue from "not doing the challenge properly." Congratulations on choosing a PvP server; this is part of the added challenge. *hugs her King Krush, who was tamed with the aid of friends while two horde tried to kill them both* Suck it up and deal with it, like the rest of us. :) PvP servers aren't about fairness or talent, just about who has the advantage in any given situation.

YouTube Edition

meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

deadpuppies wrote: Every new pet tame is able to be tamed without help. Please stop crying about buffs and haste etc. Basic hunter abilites are all that are needed.

Im not delivering any strats except to my team at this point, and each member will have to solo tame their pets. If I see a flask, buff or help other then cross faction muscle to "ward off ninjas" i will scatter shot their tames and the tames of any other hunter I see my damn self. There are no wuss hunters in the H.U. of Skullcrusher.

Word to the wise some of the pets are made to be tamed easily by a spec speciffic hunter. Figure it out or add me and we will place you on rotation. If you happend to get to the camp first we will step aside heads up.

dude, DUDE

you're posting in a thread with a bunch of hot girls that play WoW

play it cool, bro

*discreet fistpump*
Kalliope

meunkin wrote:dude, DUDE

you're posting in a thread with a bunch of hot girls that play WoW

play it cool, bro

*discreet fistpump*
Don't be silly! Girls don't play WoW!

And even if they did, they certainly wouldn't be capable of preparing themselves for difficult tames that stand between them and fluffy bits of pixels!

And they certainly could never top dps charts or know how to arena!

And - oh, sorry, I'll have to finish this later. I seem to have dripped massive amounts of sarcasm everywhere!

;) I love this community.

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

I lost his point awhile ago... dont get what mid tame ganks how to do with people being "wusses" for taming with some help.

On pvp server its going to be even more brutal, they may have issues killing said rare but I doubt they will have any issues killing you especially if your naked and trying to tame a kitty. So.. wouldnt the extra help work out for your benefit? Extra people there helping you means more people to help get people off of you.

And uhh.. chicks dont play wow.. ever. Thats a myth and a lie! This is a widely known fact *nod nod*

meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

And they're fiesty ^^^
Kalliope

meunkin wrote:you're posting in a thread with a bunch of hot girls that play WoW
Sasrei wrote:especially if your naked and trying to tame a kitty.
Our lil' hater is just jealous that these two things mean we'll have easier tames. *nod*

(ROFL, tell that to Theseus!)
meunkin wrote:And they're fiesty ^^^
Mrow! *hiss* :mrgreen:

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Hmm.. you know those quotes kalli in that context is just oh soo wrong :lol:

So a bunch of hot wow girls naked trying to tame a kitty and we are feisty.... *snicker*

So yeah that noah is such a guy! Behind the desk all day poor Noah, so he has to have something nice! ..He should have made those cats rare/gender specific though.. I am prepared for those cats, I am not prepared for naked dwarves/trolls/orcs etc.. dont have to worry about stealing those cats, Just pop on over with your dwarf and flash the unsuspecting NE hunter.

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:Hmm.. you know those quotes kalli in that context is just oh soo wrong :lol:

So a bunch of hot wow girls naked trying to tame a kitty and we are feisty.... *snicker*
That's the idea. ;)
Sasrei wrote:So yeah that noah is such a guy! Behind the desk all day poor Noah, so he has to have something nice! ..He should have made those cats rare/gender specific though.. I am prepared for those cats, I am not prepared for naked dwarves/trolls/orcs etc.. dont have to worry about stealing those cats, Just pop on over with your dwarf and flash the unsuspecting NE hunter.
OH GOD, DON'T REMIND ME THAT I TAMED MAGRIA ON KALLIMON! *traumatized*

I suppose that's the tradeoff for ensuring that all sorts of actual female female characters will be turning up in only their tabards! ;)

*is way more amused by all this than she should be*

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

I knew it Kalli.. I knew it!

You think your traumatized! I was behind you trying to get a good SS of the tame! In full perspective view! *shudder* I am just glad you had a tabard on.

I forsee much ganking on pvp servers just for that fact alone.. and Noah did not think about the poor squirrels who have to see that! I am soo going to be traumatized by a bunch of naked hunters running around the regrowth. Interesting though when I tame the kitty I have never gotten agroo from a mob.. I dont know if they are traumatized or just in awe of my NE :lol:

(also extremely amused by this)

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:I forsee much ganking on pvp servers just for that fact alone.. and Noah did not think about the poor squirrels who have to see that!
The wee animals will be fine! Mylune will see to that! :mrgreen: Maybe there could be a new daily titled "Console the Wee Animals," helping them recover from seeing that giant naked tauren taming the shiny white kitty!

They have cold wet noses!

It's VERY tempting to gank people on live after they complete their tames, just for subjecting me to seeing a naked <fill in horde race here>. ;)

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

I.. dont think I am prepared for it Kalli. But it will bring out the tree hugging/all natural kind of thing.

On pvp servers I can see it coming to, cant kill the cat but will pwn the hunters chasing it.

Kalliope

Noahhhhhh whyyyyyyyy! I try to get out and you keep pulling me back in!!!!

I've never seen Karkin spawn here before:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_062011_233604.jpg
WoWScrnShot_062011_233604.jpg (139.11 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
WoWScrnShot_062011_233613.jpg
WoWScrnShot_062011_233613.jpg (188.91 KiB) Viewed 2610 times

YouTube Edition

deadpuppies
Realm: skullcrusher

Unread post by deadpuppies »

Everyone at the end of the day is going to tame their pets the way they want.

The hunter that shows up with their entourage to provide their buffs/ pots etc. 5 min. b4 a spawn that sits on top of the solo hunter that has been camping for 10 hours I guess is wise..smart..cunning and deserving of these rare pets cause they are on pvp servers and killing is what we should expect I guess.-Yay looking forward to the t-bags and emotes...

Get them anyway you can seems to be the best hunter moto now a days

Challenges seem somewhat wasted to me.

But, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions on what is honroable or less honorable -at the end of the day stack what you want.

Who am I to call you a potential wuss for being carried through a tame-it is really your perogataive.

Being carried will probably be popular so hunters can "catch them all" for the first few weeks of the hunter swarm in 4.2. Once they are done maybe we can try out the fun tames that blizz handed to us cause we asked for them.

- sorry if I offended anyone by calling them potential wusses for being carried through a tame-to each their own. I just know a thing or two about having the ability to walk and choosing to be carried. - Ive met some other hunters recently that feel the same, but everyone has the right to be different. Whatevs...

If some need to be carried have at it-Sorry for my 2 cents seems we can only talk smack about chick hunters in here.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

oh kalli.. yes ive seen him there before and kinda forgot to say something :lol:

Umm Dea if a hunter shows up to stack on another hunter, no matter what that hunter is ignorant. If you can solo tame them then that is a great accomplishment! But not everyone is good at kiting, Deth would be really the only rare I would think you'll need any help with if your not good at kiting, not because shes hard to kite but because she evades alot and sticks out like a sore thumb while your kiting her for 8 or so mins.

What I dont get is how your calling someone "carried", extra buffs and pots.. just extra health and some extra haste. Solix you still have to trap and kite him until he gets low enough. Anthriss just sitting alone in the lava pool, if your far enough in you wont take any damage anyways. Kirix haste helps yes if someone provides say a corehound buff or what not, but no matter what your the one getting beat on by him. Deth is the only one really if you have some sacrifices. Skitterflame is too sensitive to try with a group. Too many hunters in the pot spoil the broth. The only thing I can see is someone healing you.. But anyone who comes close does so at their own risk for Kirix, Skarr and Karkin and Deth if you get to close. Many of my friends have sadly met their ends just standing near by. Including me.. evil crab.

I always think people should atleast attempt it solo, its more fun that way.

And the first few weeks of the hunter swarm isnt going to be everyone getting the rares.. its going to be everyone camping still because the server restarts keeps resetting the rares :lol: