The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Unread post by Miyon »

Trakz wrote:I've got the last of the 10 newbies today .. skitterflame .....took about 1 min to bring him under 20% energy (3 freezeing traps as MM will do the job easily but u have to nuke him out of the 3rd or he'll die)
Ooor, just cast Scare Beast and tame right away. Win. >.<

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Miyon wrote:
Trakz wrote:I've got the last of the 10 newbies today .. skitterflame .....took about 1 min to bring him under 20% energy (3 freezeing traps as MM will do the job easily but u have to nuke him out of the 3rd or he'll die)
Shouldn't be able to do that due to his buff that prevents taming.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Kalliope wrote:
Miyon wrote:
Shouldn't be able to do that due to his buff that prevents taming.
I know. That's what I was convinced about too, until a hunter buddy helping me trying to tame Skitterflame just cast Scare beast and yelled at me to start taming. It was at full energy, and the tame went off without a hitch. I ticketed it, still waiting for answer. Try it, next time you see it, until I can try again and take screenshots. I'd very much appreciate comfirmations from other hunters aswell.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Can anyone confirm (i.e. seen it happen or a trusted player seen it happen) a second spawn point for Ankha/Magria besides the yellow tree at the base of the fireland portal hill? I assume the far east end of their patrol would be one, I have heard of it spawning there on PTR, but I know PTR != live.

Anyone confirm? Deny?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Quivering wrote:Can anyone confirm (i.e. seen it happen or a trusted player seen it happen) a second spawn point for Ankha/Magria besides the yellow tree at the base of the fireland portal hill? I assume the far east end of their patrol would be one, I have heard of it spawning there on PTR, but I know PTR != live.

Anyone confirm? Deny?
I personally have never seen the cats spawn on the east end, and I've recorded 6 Mag spawns (4 of them in a row...) I've also never had anyone see them spawn there, at least as far as the Rare-Hunter community goes on my server...

Also, I understand the 2 cats are supposed to be random, but having 6 Mag spawns and not a single Ankha is rather disheartening. I've never even seen a tamed Ankha on my server... *sigh*

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gimlion wrote:
Quivering wrote:Can anyone confirm (i.e. seen it happen or a trusted player seen it happen) a second spawn point for Ankha/Magria besides the yellow tree at the base of the fireland portal hill? I assume the far east end of their patrol would be one, I have heard of it spawning there on PTR, but I know PTR != live.

Anyone confirm? Deny?
I personally have never seen the cats spawn on the east end, and I've recorded 6 Mag spawns (4 of them in a row...) I've also never had anyone see them spawn there, at least as far as the Rare-Hunter community goes on my server...

Also, I understand the 2 cats are supposed to be random, but having 6 Mag spawns and not a single Ankha is rather disheartening. I've never even seen a tamed Ankha on my server... *sigh*
Opposite for me on the spawns. XD 6 ankhas and 2 magrias. XD

But as the 2nd spawn point, I think thats a myth. I've never seen it there.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

That is good to hear. I read somewhere that they can spawn on the east end, and after spending an embarrassing amount of time camping the west end, I was going to rageface.jpg if they were spawning on east side all this time, and me none the wiser.
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

Wowhead has had this info for a few days, and it seems to be correct.

Two rares in Molten Front spawn, followed by Ban'thalos within the next half-hour, followed by Magria or Ankha an hour after Banthy.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54319#comments:id=1469543
Kalliope

It's a coincidence, not fact.

YouTube Edition

Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

I have not actually be right above Ankha or Magria when they have spawned so I can not say for sure that they only spawn on one end or the other. I have found them roaming through the wooded area for both my tames on Ankha (one for my hunter and one for my son's hunter) and my tame of Magria. I would suggest you make sure NPC scan and NPC overlay is up-to-date for the roaming area. Then, just sit in the middle and it will go off no matter which end they spawn on. lol NPC has a large area that it scans and recently it was added that whatever you target, it will show on the mini map where it is!

I agree with Kalliope, those aren't facts about the spawn timers with the inside rares, Ban'thalos, and the spirit cats. Trust me, I've set out there for about 5 hours for Ban'thalos after having the orange spider (please forgive me but it's name escapes me now!) and Deth'tilac spawning on the inside. I was out there probably 5 minutes after both spiders were tamed. I gave up and went to bed so I'm not sure what time Ban'thalos finally made his appearance that night. I just hope he found a nice home :)
Jammys
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by Jammys »

IMO Deth'tilac only spawns around every 48 hours.
haboryme
Realm: Conseil des Ombres

Unread post by haboryme »

First of all hello,
I've been browsing this forum for a long time now and it came quite handy in many occasions!

I write this post to reply to this quote
Kalliope wrote:It's a coincidence, not fact.
The fact he only observed this 1 hour timer twice surely proves nothing as 2 observations can't lead to any firm conclusion.
Today Ban'thalos spawned just in front of me when in was waiting for him at the treetop (15:12) and so I decided to wait 1 hour.
At 16:07 Anhka spawned at the yellow tree down the hill with the portal leading to Molten Front.
If I must agree this is still not a proof there is a timer (might be luck) I think it is worth looking closer. Next time I see Ban'thalos I will try again to see if it works again.

Happy taming.
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

I'd be interested in testing this theory out as well. I'd also like to know if it is based off spawn time of the spiders/Ban'thalos...or if it is off tamed time? The reason I'm asking is because I normally hang around for the tames, and if this 'theory' turns out to be correct, then it could explain why I missed Ban'thalos spawning when I was looking for him because some of the spider tames can last a while! lol

Kirix wouldn't give it up last night and it took over an hour for a horde to finally tame him. Alliance hunter was trying when I was there in the beginning watching but another alliance hunter showed up and refused to let me watched and after killing me twice, I'd had enough and a pvp encounter took place. After killing them three straight times, I went to finish my dailies and went back to where Kirix was. A horde hunter was the only one around and he said he'd died a few times but he wasn't giving up. He tamed him successfully his next try. Kirix has found a home :) ------- But this would bring me back to the original question, would Ban'thalos spawned after he was tamed....or when he first spawned???? That would be over an hour lapse of time in there while Kirix was refusing to give up his home on the hillside!
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Nanluin »

Curzon wrote:Wowhead has had this info for a few days, and it seems to be correct.

Two rares in Molten Front spawn, followed by Ban'thalos within the next half-hour, followed by Magria or Ankha an hour after Banthy.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54319#comments:id=1469543
I think these observations are a function of two things. First, nearly all of these rares seem to be on roughly 12 hour spawn timers (with plus or minus a few hours of built-in random variation included), with Skarr/Karkin spawning at roughly twice this rate (~6 hour timer +/- random variation). Second, all of these rares are being killed/tamed within the hour that they show up, and usually within minutes.

This means that each one will generally spawn at roughly the same (on average) 12-hour-clock time twice per day, every day. And because of these relatively regular spawn occurrences for each beast, a spawning pattern can emerge when the collection of rares is looked at together. This pattern will vary from server to server, and will also slowly change and evolve over time, thanks to the occasional, unusually short or unusually long (randomly generated) timer durations.

For example, last week on the Shadow Council server, Ban'thalos was spawning roughly "on the nines" (roughly 9 AM and 9 PM plus or minus a couple of hours), while Magria/Ankha was spawning roughly "on the twelves" (roughly 12 AM and 12 PM plus or minus a couple of hours). This doesn't mean that these spawns were linked, it just means that they are both on spawn timers with an *average* duration of 12 hours, and at this point in time, their two respective spawn times are roughly 3 hours apart, at around times of 9 & 12, and then 21 & 24 hours. If I were to check the the spawn time of these beasts in a couple of weeks or better, a month, I would most likely find that these two average spawn times will have drifted, either putting them closer together or farther apart, and also shifted as to what time of the day they occur.

For the statisticians: What I am starting to become convinced of is that the spawn timers use a normalized distribution (Gaussian) function to determine the next spawn time, with it's standard (peak) interval kept at the 12 hour point, but with variation from that time following a bell-curve. This would permit the occasional, but quite spectacular, deviation from the standard time, but also put most respawns relatively close to the standard time (+/- 1 sigma). The easier-to-program alternative would be a square wave distribution, with all spawns evenly distributed between two endpoints, say between 8 and 16 hours: the mean would still be 12 hours, but the distribution noticeably 'flatter' and strictly limited between the endpoints. The spawns that I have been observing / hearing about appear to much more 'peaked' in distribution and clustered about the mean.

-- Nanluin
Last edited by Nanluin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jammys
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by Jammys »

The spawn times are for all the spiders that is not to say some spiders will skip a spawn, where others will spawn more fraudulently as for my Deth'tilac 48 hours spawn time hypothesis (formed by personally camping the rare's since the patch hit live servers)
Kalliope

Nanluin's findings are what I believe to be true. Similar spawn timers mean that there are sometimes spurts of a whole bunch of the rares spawning either at once, or fairly close to each other. That doesn't mean this will always happen, but there is a tendency.

YouTube Edition

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Damn, another Magria Spawn. Oh well, 6-8 hours of non-camping fun.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Also, the spawn timers do appear to get reset when they bring the servers back up from maintenance, and average 6 and 12 hour windows mean that a lot of them will appear at around the same time.
haboryme
Realm: Conseil des Ombres

Unread post by haboryme »

Nanluin is likely to be closer to reality than I was.
Today Ban'thalos spawned and so I decided to check out if the one hour timer worked again.
It didn't, I waited over one hour after its spawn. I also waited over one hour after its tame (tooks long).
I'm a bit disapointed there isn't a firm rule to state when Ankha/Magria will spawn as it would have been very convinient.
Nevertheless I expect to see Magria join Ankha and Gondria soon!
Orionis
Realm: Argent Dawn - Horde

Unread post by Orionis »

Just had Kirix and Skitterflame spawn together, may have been a couple minutes in between (Argent Dawn Realm)

Got Kirix

Edit: Ended up getting Skitterflame also, had to go to stable one of my pets and came back. Their were around 3 people but no hunters so I went for him and now he is mine as well.

So far I have Skitterflame, Kirix, and Deth'tilac. I only really care about deth/kirix and taming the others for the challenge. Still on my list is Skarr and Karkin. Happy Hunting 8-)