barking

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

barking

Unread post by Aweena »

My first topic started here but was wondering if im the only hunter in the world who couldent resist taming the barking coyotees simply to cute imo to hear eatch time you target it a litle vof vof

personally i wish blizzard would make more of these special behaviours would like a kitty going miouw or a bird chirping a tune

any of you have a special behaviour pet you simply adore or any wishes for a behaviour ?

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Saturo

Re: barking

Unread post by Saturo »

I had one of those dogs too.
I think I can remember a dragonhawk I tamed once that would occasionally do a chirp-like sound.

There is also that lion with lines on the tail. That might qualify.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Fizzle
Realm: EU Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Fizzle »

I also have the barking prairie wolf. It's really cute!

I once had Arikara, a wind serpent that's spawned for a Horde quest. When she's summoned for the quest she appears in puff of smoke and she used to keep this summoning animation after taming. Also, you know how, when you spawn somewhere (e.g. at a flight point), your pet spawns at the same point as you and then steps aside to be next to you? Because of this, it actually looked as if *I* appeared in a puff of smoke when I had Arikara with me. 8-)

I no longer have her, infact I've long deleted the hunter who had her, but I was told that Arikara no longer does the smoke-puff. A real pitty.
Last edited by Fizzle on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Such are the risks of the big game hunter. We toy with fate by delivering it. Yet each of us, at some point, will face fate's razor sharp teeth."
Hemet Nesingwary (The Green Hills of Stranglethorn)

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Saturo, the lioness with stripes on her tail is Araga, but unfortunately the *lines* were qualified as a glitch by Blizzard and removed looooong ago =(
i have her and i miss her stripes...

as for special behaviours - i wish there were more of them
what's more - there is one thing i can't understand: i can command my pet to charge an enemy or i can teach it to run faster, but i still can't make my wolf sit!:3
Don't panic!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Well if you're looking for sounds I know a few pets randomly emit noises. The Crocolisk for one, which scared the tar out of me a year or two ago (back when you had to tame pets to get skills, I tamed a croc for a new rank of Bite, and....let's just say I jumped in real life when it growled. I thought I was getting attacked!)

I would LOVE it if you could make your pets dance. Some of them (cats, wolves, bears) already HAVE dance animations in druids or shamans; it shouldn't be that hard to transplant it.

If you want artificial special behaviors, use the addon PetEmote. It really gives a pet personality!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Gacheru »

VelkynKarma wrote:I would LOVE it if you could make your pets dance. Some of them (cats, wolves, bears) already HAVE dance animations in druids or shamans; it shouldn't be that hard to transplant it.
As the victim of many of my guild member's party grenades, I can attest to the fact that Hyenas can dance.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Gacheru wrote:As the victim of many of my guild member's party grenades, I can attest to the fact that Hyenas can dance.
I've had similar experiences with different pets and grenades... :lol:

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Fizzle wrote:I also have the barking prairie wolf. It's really cute!

I once had Arikara, a wind serpent that's spawned for a Horde quest. When she's summoned for the quest she appears in puff of smoke and she used to keep this summoning animation after taming. Also, you know how, when you spawn somewhere (e.g. at a flight point), your pet spawns at the same point as you and then steps aside to be next to you? Because of this, it actually looked as if *I* appeared in a puff of smoke when I had Arikara with me. 8-)

I no longer have her, infact I've long deleted the hunter who had her, but I was told that Arikara no longer does the smoke-puff. A real pitty.
Yeah, I tamed Arikara on my low level hunter just for that puff. Naturally I named him Puff. Sadly, the animation and sound are gone now.

Saturo mentioned a lion with lines on its tail. Wasn't that the rare one from up in Hillsbrad or Arathi? If so, I thought they'd gotten rid of the unique skin and that it was just a standard cat skin.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Boven wrote:Yeah, I tamed Arikara on my low level hunter just for that puff. Naturally I named him Puff. Sadly, the animation and sound are gone now.

Saturo mentioned a lion with lines on its tail. Wasn't that the rare one from up in Hillsbrad or Arathi? If so, I thought they'd gotten rid of the unique skin and that it was just a standard cat skin.
Gezzarak had an animation whenever she came out (dismounting, call pet, etc) that caused a sound of a lightning strike, along with a giant red lightning bolt striking the ground where she came up at. But they took that out too. :(

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ugh, I get so mad when Blizzard nerfs our harmless, charming fun things like that. :(
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

I also own the barking coyote on my draenei. Love him to bits, it's so much fun having a pet that has a personality. :D I'm all for having extra sounds, animations, ect. added to our pets. I adore the new feeding animation, and hey, it's something new - it probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch to add on-click noises to more species if they can add an animation to feeding time.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i tamed one on a bank hunter called clik me i love them so much
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Doglover1335
Realm: The Sckryers

Unread post by Doglover1335 »

Yea they can be found in mulgore lvl 5-6 they are so adorable I don't get many comments on him though but hes very good to use during a raid.
Aspect of the Adected.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I love the pets that roar when they do special abilities, and I plan to have my 2nd hunter be for collecting just pets I love.

I am glad they nerfed the croc's vocal-ness. My little hydra was a chatter box.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Spiritchan

Unread post by Spiritchan »

I want the barking dog on my (future) human hunter... if they still bark by then.
Unless of course, they really -do- bring out "dogs".
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I wish müsli would say "miauv".. like a cat.. That be a good feature for my beloved snowleopard :) or have it chase a mouse/ball or string around... that be nice :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

ohh that ligthning stike sounds great and they really removed arikaras puff ?????? MEAN !

would be adorable to have more special pet behaviours but alas i guess we are stuck with the few cause we now have spirit beasts atleast skoll has his cool ligthning when tamed still

mostly i think litle harmless things like the bark the puff of smoke and so on should be keept cause it adds a bit of fun to chosing what pet to tame

and tbh i simply dont like the new worgs in northrend they look to mangy in my own honest opinion even tho the colour changes are neat.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Rhaethe
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Rhaethe »

Boven wrote:
That's Araga up in the Alterac Mountains. Even though her tail stripes got removed she still has a unique skin. It's subtle, but her back and neck are dark brown, unlike other gold cougar-ish cats. :)