Worried about losing pets when Cataclysm comes?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Worried about losing pets when Cataclysm comes?

Unread post by Teigan »

With the zone revamps, I'm worried things will go extinct. I also worry that if they do, then even if we have them tamed, they will disappear or be changed if Blizz gets rid of that certain model.
I made a list of ones I consider most endangered and went and tamed a couple of them. I just hope they don't go extinct or if they do, that we can keep the already tamed ones as they are. If anyone wants to see the list, let me know. It's long.
Which ones are you most worried about?
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Worried about losing pets when Cataclysm comes?

Unread post by Ryai »

Blizzard has already shown that, in small ways, they aren't going to let certain skins be wiped off the face of the map.

Felwood and WPL[?] getting revamped and purified? NO PROBLEM. Lets turn them thar wolves in the human starting zones into something a bit more sickly! Shazam!

Undead boars going the way of the dodo, I think not- there's two other places that the boars naturally occur. It won't be hard to change them from being undead to beasts. Or failing that, undead swine may still be rampant near Strat.

Blizzard has shown that they always keep atleast one mob readily available. The change in Dustwallow should attest to this, and the fact that 4 species of turtles went down to one, but there's hundreds of them on the shores of dustwallow [ok I exagerate], and there's still a rarespawn.

The only ones that we should really be concerned about are the single skin models, which are few. Such as the black plauged bear, the Clutchmother, the ghost Saber etc.

Edit: Hell with undead getting the hunter class, there might be undead beast boars readily available for them...
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i worry about the ghost kitty and clutchmother as well. both their areas will be over-run with alliance and horde. Clutchmother could just migrate more north or south but thats kinda hard for a cat that has to be summoned with a figurine. I doubt it will disapear but i would lie if i said i wasent worried.
Also worried about the good old rares in barrens. not like they skinns are one of a kind anymore but they are the lowest lvl beasts(Humar, snort, Dishu and Eyhecy) with those skinns and many hunters, horde and alliance have tamed one of em at one point. For me at least, they have alot of sentimental vallue.

Also wondering about the scarlet Tracking hounds in Scarlet monastery. Havent heard anny planns about upgrading that place but Blizzard have said they would like to upgrade more dungeons than those currently in focus. so who knows.

Oh and wailing caverns is beeing upgraded til a 80+ dungeon isent it? or are they just pretting it up?
If they do upgrade it, will the lowbie blue windserpents(same about the snakes) jump up in lvls like say lvl 80? or go above lvl 85 and become untameable? questions D=

and yes my typing is horrible.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh, I hadn't even thought about Scarlet Monastery! That would be terrible. I love those hyenas, even if I don't have one anymore. I'm most worried about the Clutchmother and ghostsaber too. And yeah, those low lvl rares in the Barrens may be availble elsewhere eventually, but...I really wish they would give us a hint here! So frustrating! Or at least give us the rumored expanded stable before Cata and let us play Noah's Ark.

Anyway, I've got the Ghostsaber on both my ally and horde hunters. I haven't decided who is keeping the Clutchmother. One of them, since that bird and I do have a history.

So here's my list. I was bored a few weekends ago. There actually are more areas that are going to be remodeled, but not as heavily as these. I never finished it for the "moderate overhaul" zones.

Endangered (zone undergoing heavy overhaul)

Darkshore

Rare/Named/Spawned:

Den Mother: 18-19 grey bear (not rare or unique, but named)
Ghost Saber: 19-20 translucent white leopard (spawn – unique!)
Strider Clutchmother: 20 turquoise and orange tallstrider (rare and unique!)
Shadowclaw: 13 dark brown with white stripes tiger (rare)

Unique Appearance:

Moonstalker varieties: 10-18 black tiger with white stripes (not available again until lvl 70 Outland)
Reef Crawler varieties: Ivory and blue crab (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 70 Northrend)
Surf Crawler varieties: Sapphire blue crab (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 72 Northrend)

Azshara

Rare/Named/Spawned:

The Elvachar: 48 blue and white chimera (rare)
Scalebeard: 50-52 blue turtle with gold shell (rare elite)

Unique Appearance:

Coralshell turtle varieties: 50-54 white turtle with brown shell (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 70 Northrend)
Mistwing chimera varieties: 49-53 brown and black chimeras (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

The Barrens

Rare/Named/Spawned:

Humar the Pridelord: 23 black lion (rare elite, only similar beast at lvl 76 Northrend)
Echeyakee: 16 white lion (spawned, only similar beast lvl 60 Winterspring spawn)
Dishu: 13 yellow and white leopard (rare)
Snort the Heckler: 17 blue and purple hyena (rare)
Takk the Leaper: 19 slate grey and lavender raptor (rare, only similar beast in Wailing Caverns and after lvl 76)
Ishamuhale: 18 red and blue raptor (spawned)
Azzere the Skyblade: 25 crimson and gold windserpent (rare, unique except in Zul’Gurub and Sunken Temple)
Waste Pawne: 25 red, green and gold windserpent (not rare, but named)

Unique Appearance:

Silithid creeper/swarmer: 20-22 bright blue scorpid (unique to The Barrens)
Thunderhawk varieties: 18-24 orange and green windserpent (only similar beasta in other endangered zones)
Savannah lion varieties: (with and without manes): Classic golden lions, from 12-16 maned and 11-18 without manes. Maned lions unique, with the exception the rare Rake in Mulgore. Maneless lion lookalikes found elsewhere.
Hecklefang hyena varieties: 15-23 yellow and brown hyenas. (also available in Dire Maul)

Interesting Beasts of Razorfen Kraul:

Blind Hunter: 27 white bat (rare)
Kraul bat varieties: 26 black bat with pink/white wings (only similar beasts in other endangered zones/dungeons)
Rotting Agam’ar: 26 black boar with silver and blue battle armor (unique!)
Agam’ar: 24-25 brown boar with silver and black battle armor (unique!)
Raging Agam’ar: 25 white boar with bronze and red battle armor (unique!)

Interesting Beasts of Wailing Caverns:

Deviate Crocolisk: 18-19 alibino crocolisk (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and/or rare)
Deviate Stalker: 15-17 slate grey and lavender raptor (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and high level)
Deviate Dreadfang: 19 cobalt blue wind serpent (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Deviate Coiler: 11-16 orange and green wind serpent (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Kresh: 20 blue and gold turtle
Deviate Slayers and Guardians: cobalt blue and turquoise raptors (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Deviate Viper: 19-20 pink and purple snake (only similar beasts in other Northrend)
Deviate Adder: 18-19 blue and purple snake (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

Stonetalon Mountains

Rare/Named/Spawned:

Besseleth: 21 orange tarantula (not rare, but named)

Unique Appearance:

Chimaera varieties: 23-28 brown and black chimaeras (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

Thousand Needles

Rare/Named/Spawned:

Vile Sting: 35 silver and blue scorpid (rare)
Silithid Ravager: 36 tan and black silithid (rare, only similar beast in Ahn’Quiraj)
Arikara: 28 red, gold and green windserpent (spawned)
Steelsnap: 30 brown hyena (not rare, but named)

Unique Appearance:

Galak Packhound: 24 dark gray and black hyenas (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Pesterhide hyena varieties: 26-29 blue and purple hyenas (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Scorpid Terror: 33-34 black scorpid with red spots (only similar beasts in other endangered zones, Uldaman, Outlands)
Scorpid Reaver: 31-32 red and black scorpid (only similar beasts in other endangered zones, Uldaman, BRD)
Sparkleshell tortoise varieties: 30-35 white turtle with brown shell (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 70 Northrend)
Cloud Serpent varieties: 25-29 beautiful white wind serpents (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

Stranglethorn Vale

Rare/Named/Spawned:

King Bangalash: 43 white tiger (named elite)
Konda: 43 black gorilla with silver face and hands (not rare, but named)
Kurmokk: 42 red and black gorilla (rare)
Bag’thera: 40 black panther (not rare, but named)
Sin’Dall: 37 classic orange tiger (not rare, but named)
Tethis: 43 cobalt and turquoise raptor (not rare, but named)

Unique Appearance:

Shadow, Shadowmaw and Panther varieties: 31-43 black panthers
Stranglethorn and Bloodscalp Tiger varieties: 31-38 classic orange tigers (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Southern Sand Crawler: 40-41 cobalt blue crab (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
River and Snapjaw Crocolisks: 30-36 dark green, silver and tan crocolisks (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and at high levels)
Jungle Thunderer and Skymane Gorillas: 37-41 black gorillas with silver face and hands (only similar beasts at lvl 76 Northrend)
Mistvale Gorilla varieties: 32-33 white gorillas with red faces (only similar beasts at lvl 76 Northrend)
Young Jungle Stalker: 36-37 green and yellow raptor (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Stranglethorn Raptor varieties: 30-34 orange and blue raptor (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

Interesting Zul’Gurub Beasts:

Razzashi Cobras, Adders and Serpents: 60 snakes, in blue/white, brown/gold/green, blue/purple (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Razzashi Broodwidow: 61 red and green spider (only similar beasts in other endangered zones or rare in Outland)
Soulflayer: 61 cobalt blue wind serpent (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Son of Hakkar: 60 crimson and gold wind serpent (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)

Blasted Lands

Rare/Named/Spawned:

Grunter: 50 black boar (rare)
Ravage: 51 blue and purple hyena (rare)
Clack the Reaver: 53 silver and blue scorpid (rare)

Unique Appearance:

Scorpok Stinger: 46-47 red and black scorpid (only similar beasts in other endangered zones, Uldaman, BRD)
Snickerfang hyena varieties: 45-50 white and grey hyenas (only similar beasts in other endangered zones)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The one that concerns me most is the Diseased Black Bear. He's one of my pets, but I had to let him go in order to grab some other ones. I'm hoping to retame Grudge in the future, but the only place you can get those in is the Plaguelands which is being totally revamped.

At the same time, with Undead Hunters coming out I can't see them getting rid of any of the zombie beasts permanently as they're such a good match. I can only hope they relocate the bears in another area.

Truthfully I have a hard time believing Blizzard would permanently retire any of the current skins, but there's always that fear.
Rottingham
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin; Illidan

Unread post by Rottingham »

worst thing that can happen will be the diseased wolf skin being extinct... however I got my Deadbone back so It'll be fine :D

Rottingham, Troll Hunter in the Petopians Guild

Check me out on youtube!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Urg this is a long list to go thru.

Nitpicking here;
Azzere the Skyblade: 25 crimson and gold windserpent (rare, unique except in Zul’Gurub and Sunken Temple)
You've confused Azzere with Washte Pawne. Azzere is a pure crimson/ruby/scarlet/red WS. And since Camp T is NOt being destroyed and he spawns near Camp T, he's not going anywhere most likely.

Reef Crawler varieties: Ivory and blue crab (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 70 Northrend)
Surf Crawler varieties: Sapphire blue crab (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 72 Northrend)
There's crabs on Durotar's shores, and there's crabs most likely going to be staying on Darkshore's shores, so there shouldn't be any worries. Mean there is the corrupted crab that's blue that spawns in durotar, and etc.
Coralshell turtle varieties: 50-54 white turtle with brown shell (only similar beasts in other endangered zones and after lvl 70 Northrend)
the 'Albino' turtle, yes?

They spawn in Ghostlands too now, remember? There's no worries there. If hunters will strip naked and run to opposite faction starting places, over hill and dale, they'll be up to the challenge for snagging a white turtle from ghostlands.
Silithid creeper/swarmer: 20-22 bright blue scorpid (unique to The Barrens)
Again south barrens is having nothing major happen to it, mean enough to disturb the nests like that.

I mean I freaked out at first, yes, but people notice something for a second, the only things that have been retired are either A: 'unintended creatures' IE Gezz and the Ghost wolves, or B: unintended models, IE Ghostdile and Hydra slime

To date there has only been ONE beast that has been retired for -no- explination. IE the Sapphire Hive Queen. you could probably include the unintended creatures too but...

And Cat is still a long ways away and it's not being implimented all at once. Remember it's happening in phases and stages so there's plenty of time to level up lowbie hunter alts to go tame beasts that may or may not become extinct.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

D'oh! Sorry for any errors!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

For me... It's the Ghost Saber I'm afraid of loosing. I sadly don't have any room to tame it as a trophy pet (Unless Blizzard changes their stables before Cat), but I may end up rolling another hunter to tame it.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Maybe the Clutchmother will finally have raised her Clutch, and the pretty blue ones will be common... ?

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

If anything they will probaly add more turtles and crabs considering almost everything has been flooded, the plaugelands is right next to trisfal so i dont see why they cant be moved. I think they'll add more corehounds too, as well as a bunch of new beasts.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ryno wrote:Maybe the Clutchmother will finally have raised her Clutch, and the pretty blue ones will be common... ?
I love it! :D
fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Unread post by fatman »

I hope they don't "reborn" ghost sabers into a spirit beast that only BMs can tame. :?
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Why on Earth would they? Loque'nahak and Gondria already occupy that "niche" of spirit beast. I think the ghost saber will be perfectly safe as a pet tamable by all hunters. After all, I don't think Blizzard wants hunters to feel that only beast masters get the ability to tame "cool" pets...just exotic ones. There would be an exodus from the class if that were the case.

I don't think we'll see many, if any, pet skins become extinct. We may see some repetitive instances of the same skin go away, but not all of them.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Southshore's total annihilation is what has me a bit narky, what with Araga and Cranky Benj sharing that area respectively.

I'm already under the impression Araga's as uber rare as she gets. I've seen Old Cliff Jumper once once with another 80 Hunter (Alliance) on Saurfang, but Araga? Nope. It seems everyone believes she's Broken Tooth (I still get asked why do I have Rak'Shiri & "Broken Tooth" by people who don't use their eyes...). I'd like to hope that when the stable change enters the picture, Laz and Kas will still have their Amenti/Qendresa by their sides and not have the skin replaced by a common or garden Mountain Lion variety...hence me being narky on the subject. Also Blizzard could probably use this moment to bring her tailstripes back, therefore rendering her vastly different from BT. My fingers are crossed. Lightly though.

Cranky Benj I've only ever seen and tamed once on Kas when he was levelling up, sadly he was a placeholder for Qendresa's tame.
I'd like to honestly hope the turtles survive, maybe they'll be a touch displaced by the shifting waters or possibly diseased. Here's hoping Blizzard doesn't take him out of the picture either.

Then next thing is Old Cliffy himself. I realise with the flooding of Southshore and very much so other conjoined areas to it, where Old Cliffy takes his morning stroll will have its level cap raised, but what about him? Is he still going to exist at the level he's seen, will his level scale with the upgrade or will he, along with Araga, disappear entirely?

I'm hoping the stable change comes pre-Cat. Reason being, there's a few oddities I'd like Lazona to have in her stables (Ghost Saber, Cranky Benj, Vile Sting, Olm The Wise, Shadowclaw, Silithid Ravager, King Mosh, Giggler...), pets mainly she either levelled/pvp'ed with at some point or just general rare species she, as a pet collector, couldn't do without. For Kas, I'm limited to the Silithid Ravager, the Ghost Saber and Rekk'tilac. Cleyandra...she's a different story if I ever get around to levelling her...

But, as we know, it's Blizzard. God knows what's going to happen, so prayers to P.Dawg might be needed <3

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Southshore's total annihilation is what has me a bit narky, what with Araga and Cranky Benj sharing that area respectively.
Benji and Araga don't spawn anywhere near the water- afaik only the coast and a bit of inland is being destroyed, nothing else. Araga and Benji should be fine.

That and even if Benji is replaced, two beasts you mention are one of a kind model skins and as I've said Blizzard hasn't done anything to increase or decrease things concerning this. It seems they delight in making some beasts single members of their own kind.

The only ones that we needed to worry about? The raptors -> it's evident that with the removal of the drop raptors from all the rarespawns, that Takk, Dart, and etc are going to go the way of the dodo. But WC is being left, mostly untouched. And while it may be a pain to get in there, it shows that Blizzard- nor the droods, are going to let all creatures die.

And yes OCJ will probably have his level raised/lowered/whatever depending on what happens to the zone- they changed the levels for the turtles on the shore for a horde quest [kill xx turtles for xx item] when they evidently removed Gammerita's elite status, or maybe a bit after.

I'm not trying to belittle fears but Blizzard has shown they aren't evidently going to let skins go the way of the dodo, if they'll actually change wolves in a starting zone to the diseased skin, and I doubt it was for a dev who was all lul I have a lv 19 twink and I want this pet dooood!!!!
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

The removal of the baby raptor pets from the rare spawns is not an indication that they're getting rid of Takk and Dart. They did that because level 80's were camping the exact spots where the mobs spawned and killing them the second they came in existence to get the pet to sell on the AH for 1K+ gold. No baby hunters of those levels had the slightest chance to tame those mobs unless they stayed up all night to get them, and sometimes not even then. Blizz did that to help leveling hunters, not to hurt them.

That being said, we all know the Barrens is going to undergo some pretty massive changes. The question will be, is Takk on the end of the zone that remains low-level, or is he on the end of the zone that will be ramped up? To know that, we'll have to wait for beta invites to go out.

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Tahlian wrote:The removal of the baby raptor pets from the rare spawns is not an indication that they're getting rid of Takk and Dart. They did that because level 80's were camping the exact spots where the mobs spawned and killing them the second they came in existence to get the pet to sell on the AH for 1K+ gold. No baby hunters of those levels had the slightest chance to tame those mobs unless they stayed up all night to get them, and sometimes not even then. Blizz did that to help leveling hunters, not to hurt them.
You do know how hypocritical this is? Blizzard doesn't do anything for the rarespawns that drop loot, achievements and all that in northrend. I doubt this is what they really did, because if they were going to do this, they would have done the same for all raptors. IE rarespawn nests in dungeons/raids/ZD.

Why? Because if Blizzard was going to do this to deter campers, goldsellers and farmers or such ilk, they'd do the same right away for all rare BoE pets. So this I disagree with.

Blizzard hasn't said why afaik so your guess is as good as mine but, I don't really think they were doing that out of the kindness of their hearts, when due to the 'fix' to pet leveling[as well as equalization of rares], you can easily go tame a non elite raptor/non rare raptor.

That being said, we all know the Barrens is going to undergo some pretty massive changes. The question will be, is Takk on the end of the zone that remains low-level, or is he on the end of the zone that will be ramped up? To know that, we'll have to wait for beta invites to go out.
The question is really, is Takk even remaining there? He isn't unique, and now that he doesn't drop a pet, a reason to keep him in the game, will Blizz keep him?
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

The pets that drop in the raid instances are not exclusive to that sole and solitary raid instance. Anyone with a friend and a little time can form a raid and go in and farm the Zul'Gurub raptor pet without having to worry about some unknown competing level 80 swooping in and killing them all. As for other rare spawns like the spirit beasts...remember, those tames are supposed to be a challenge. Hence why, no matter how much we hate it, Loque and Krush probably aren't coming off the Northern Exposure achievement and why they haven't nerfed Krush's fear even though they gutted Bestial Wrath's duration. They didn't put the other spirit beasts on the achievement, but they also have significantly fewer spawn points than Loque, to my knowledge, so that is perhaps a small evolution in their design philosophy on these animals.

As to the "why," I can only speak to what I saw on my server. The prices on those pets were insane, and I more than once saw an 80 kill the raptor as a lowbie was setting up to tame and "lol" at them. Yes, the same thing happens up North with the spirit beasts...but there, the level differential between victim and mob-killer is one, two, perhaps three levels, five at the absolute max. So Blizzard may well see that as being "well, you have a fighting chance at least." Between a level 20-something and a level 80 that can kill your intended tame target with one auto-attack, the lower-level player has zero fighting chance at all. It isn't a "kindness of their hearts" thing. It's that Blizzard does understand the drive of some hunters to tame a rare. They understand that while Humar now has the same skin as Pitch, who can be tamed any old time you want, some hunters will opt to spend days on that tree branch camping the Pridelord because of the sense of achievement and the story to tell later on.

I wouldn't be crying for Takk or any other rare spawn quite yet. For all their ham-handed nerfs and occasional mistakes, it seems the designers and developers do at least understand our enjoyment of "the thrill of the hunt." I don't think they'll want to take too much of that away, because this time, they're not just developing the expansion for the level 80-85 players as has gone on the last two packs...they're changing everything for everybody. So they will want the lowbies to have their rares to camp just as much as they want the higher levels to have the spirit beasts.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

[quote]As to the "why," I can only speak to what I saw on my server. The prices on those pets were insane, and I more than once saw an 80 kill the raptor as a lowbie was setting up to tame and "lol" at them. Yes, the same thing happens up North with the spirit beasts...but there, the level differential between victim and mob-killer is one, two, perhaps three levels, five at the absolute max. So Blizzard may well see that as being "well, you have a fighting chance at least." Between a level 20-something and a level 80 that can kill your intended tame target with one auto-attack, the lower-level player has zero fighting chance at all. It isn't a "kindness of their hearts" thing. It's that Blizzard does understand the drive of some hunters to tame a rare. They understand that while Humar now has the same skin as Pitch, who can be tamed any old time you want, some hunters will opt to spend days on that tree branch camping the Pridelord because of the sense of achievement and the story to tell later on.[/quote]

Actually my server was never like that. Sure there were campers, but the ones I saw?

Level 80 bot campers. All I did was report them, and [i]even[/i] after that, I was able to find Takk up like 3-5 times, before the change. And the hatchlings never sold for that much, even like the first day. Oh sure the first few may have- but outside of the raredrop one from ZD and the Razzashi raptor baby?

100-300g atm.

So this is why I find it hard Blizz would do something like this, just because of some griefing a few level 80's did to lowbies. Why? People have been able to kill pets being tamed by hunters for years. If Blizzard really cared about the hunters, they would have changed it so that beasts under the influence of Tame Beast were unattackable. Or already tagged.

And yes I have seen people/have had people admit to me that they have [i]killed[/i] pets, while hunters were taming them. Not just rares, but the most recent was a rare or specifically Humar.

So I'm sorry but they didn't do this change for us- they didn't do this change for lowbie hunters. They did this most likely because of cat, because as I said if they really cared about hunters, Loque, Krush and etc would no longer drop anything at all but they still do. And they're still achievements.

I didn't mean to turn this thread into an argument but this is really just two opinions from the both of us because as I said, Blizzard actually showing kindness about a few lowbie mobs? I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe when they don't care about the fact that people can most likely now, tear through beasts being tamed. If someone is going to wreck your tame, it doesn't matter if the beast is 80 or not. You know as well as I do once the pet is pulled off you, it's going to end up dead.

[quote]So they will want the lowbies to have their rares to camp just as much as they want the higher levels to have the spirit beasts.[/quote]

Ok one last thing, there's [i]nothing[/i] thrilling in the [i]right[/i] way camping 12+ hours for a wolf that people will also be wanting to tame and kill. Yes for 3 seconds there will be whoo but I can tell you flat oue if I had an easier option to tame Skoll, Krush or any of the other beasts I'd take it. Cause I am not looking forward to trying to set up a day where I can sit at the computer, logged onto wow, for 18 hours, staring at the screen and hoping, Skoll is going to spawn. I'm sorry but that's not thrilling :|

[size=85]I am just a cranky hunter who had yet another, unsuccessful Skoll camping.[/size]

edit: evidently I am so epic I break code.