The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Yeah, I'm really glad she's doing better, too.(: She's my baby!

Oh my, that's actually rather funny! You know, I don't see many people with brainbugs over on my server, either. I ended up getting rid of mine because I just didn't ever use him. :1
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Re: Reporting on my Deth sad story- I'm sorry to say that I couldn't, really. Between it being my first time seeing him alive and the sheer amount of Horde morons swarming him, I couldn't get any names.

I'm seated firmly where Deth is, waiting. A Troll Huntard keeps triggering my NPC scan, so I reported him. But he must be real special- Death spawns in ONE PLACE. What good will triggering my NPC scan do if I'm sitting right there? Damn moron...

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Macha;; Oh, that really sucks. Well, here's hoping he spawns for you soon! You certainly deserve him, what with all the griefing around there!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Aeladrine wrote:Macha;; Oh, that really sucks. Well, here's hoping he spawns for you soon! You certainly deserve him, what with all the griefing around there!
The Garrosh server is INSANE when it comes to griefing, above and beyond some of what I've seen here (once had this nutter Troll bribe an Orc to follow me and slaughter my Krush tame because I didn't fork over info on Loque to him...).

It just seems so utterly pointless to treat others like this. What does it accomplish? You get to stroke your epeen for five minutes? Whoop-de-doo.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

So today I finally see deth up.

Here's the full story.
Someone says there's a spider up in igneous depths.
I'm on a druid alt, so I run over to check on him, just to catch a glimpse, because I've yet to see him in the wild.
An alliance hunter tries to tame him, but Solix runs out of energy and dies.
So I continue my dailies with a sigh.
When I'm finished (I only had three left when I went to see Solix), I decided to check on Deth (because I had passed every other spawn point and there was no other spiders)...so I stand by the spire and /tar deth...and he's there.
So I sit around a bit and no one else seems to have seen him.
Hearth back, hop on my hunter, and fly over as quickly as possible.
I arrive there, and he's being dpsing by a bunch of people, but following around another horde hunter.
I help out, and more and more people start showing up.
He gets tamable...and they don't stop.
Every hunter is spamming tame beast...but no luck.

He dies.
Not one, but at least five hunters went home disappointed. (Even a tame by a hunter who wasn't the first would have been fine)
I reported most of the names I saw around after, but I have no idea who was really involved.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Second try.

An ALLIANCE Hunter stole him from me!

WHAT THE HELL. D: I did all the hard work and had the aggro, then she hits tame and he went over to her side?

fffffff

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Seems 4.2 is bringing out the WORST Hunters and non-Hunters. I've seen rares killed, griefed stolen etc MORE with these rares than any other. WoW.

>mfw
It's really me too.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

On the plus side, my ticket was answered lightning fast considering that it originally said it'd take three and a half DAYS, lol.

On the minus side, I'm throwing in the towel on Deth for a while. It's so, SO not worth dealing with all of these ass mongerers to get a pet, especially something in retrospect that I wanted based on looks alone. So I'm done for now, I'll let the hyenas of the Garrosh server tear themselves apart for a while before I try again.

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Honestly, there's /something/ in the freaking water this patch it feels like. :/ None of the cata rares got massacred, stolen or anything as badly as this. I wish you luck in finding and taming Deth one day.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Karkin just got killed by a horde warrior and shammy...><;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

:shock: This thread makes me sad, so many terabad people killing and stealing from others......... This is horrid, to think so many people would do this. 4.2 is turning people into nothing but savage animals out for their own gain, the general WoW population has turned into a bunch of Quilboars. :mrgreen:

Rorcanna
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Rorcanna »

It's scary really how this community is going downhill, and Blizzard isn't doing anything to stop it. People yell "retard" and other foul words for every small occasion, they grief on purpose to see someone else destrought/angry and everything is just a big rotting feast of lowlife behaviour from players playing the same game that SHOULD be united in their interest in this game.

I have some griefing stories myself, for example:

I was called upon by a friend, Ban'thalos had spawned! I rushed, got to the tree and placed a trap and pulled. Spotless. When I was 1 microsecond from finishing the tame, a night elf hunter shows up and shoots him. He doesn't even try to tame, he simply doesn't know how, but he says outloud "I will rather see it die than have someone else taming it!!". Luckily after a while, he messed up. He pulled the beast and got killed, and while he was dead I managed to finish the tame. Happiness! I almost lost it though to a paladin who seemed to think he would get an achievement for killing the owl.

Kirix was the first rare I got from these new challenge tames, and I fast figured out what to do. When I was close to finishing, a warrior pulled him and naturally, died. But I had to feign and redo everything (no buffs needed though, just correct positioning and deter). I then started the tame again, and the warrior was back with a paladin and a mage. They kept trying to kill it for almost 20 minutes, and in that time another hunter showed up and tried taming.

I just sat down and waited for their patience to run out, and in one lucky strike they were all dead at the same time, and I could tame. When they got back they were clearly angry and pissed....over a grey item worth 25 gold? The hunter congratulated me though on managing the tame.

I've been lucky not to lose any pets to actual griefing, but friends of mine have..and it stings me every single bloody time that other players are so downright rotten.
Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Skitterflame not stolen from me this time but killed by

Unread post by Demonium »

Skitterflame not stolen from me this time but killed by another hunter. ive seen this tauren hunter alot in molten front. although no one replied to one of my other topics about me helping a hunter get kirix but he failed. one of the hunters trying to steal kirix was this tauren.

well today im on my final dailies checking the lava temps and killing fire hawks. and i see skitterflame is up.

last time i tried to tame him i froze him the required 2 times and then a troll hunter cast his tame and stole it. then i saw a nelf hunter use wyrven sting to get it (you guys said thats prob an exploit), then i helped another hunter get it the other day.

this time no one was taming it. so i went for it. froze him once, then feared trap was ready again so i froze. move back. the whole time the tauren watching my every move. skitter is ofc low on energy and can be tamed now. skitter runs towards me and the ass tauren fires a freezing trap infront of skitter then runs off. skitter is dead.

he claims it wasnt him but combat logs dont lie. and you cant say he didnt know tacs. cos if your a rare hunter you will know kirix and skitter spawn at the same time (well they do every time on my realm). so ofc the tauren jumps onto the rocks and tames kirix who is running around. he then goes and sits by skarrs spawn.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to include title before merge.
Katalenna
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silverhand

Re: Skitterflame not stolen from me this time but killed by

Unread post by Katalenna »

That is terrible. I use to know how you feel since the last 2 times i tried to tame SkitterFlame he was killed mid tame but i did manage to snag him yesterday. The kiting him around and lowering his energy is where you end up losing him since by then you have attracted a rather large crowd or just a few douche bags. I tamed him yesterday by using this trick and it works like a charm and only takes a few seconds. I used scare beast and then spammed my tame button and he was then my New Best friend. It takes less time thus less chances of someone stealing your tame or killing him while you are kiting.

I hope this helps you when next you and Skitterflame meet. And yes it seems that Kirix and SkitterFlame share a close if not identical spawn time on my server too. It usually goes Kirix pops and not but a few minutes later SkitterFlame pops.
Sei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Re: Skitterflame not stolen from me this time but killed by

Unread post by Sei »

And that's when you wish you could turn, and put and arrow (or bullet) in that guys ass until he's dead, and camp him till the end of time. I'm sorry, that really sucks though. I can't understand how people can be complete jackasses like that and actually enjoy it.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

ok so i'm camping for the spirit bear and out of nowhere this alli shows up. he start laughing and doing rude gusetrues at me. then he leaves but comes back with an 85 friend who starts doing the same things to me. then he pulls out his pets (which i have just not with me at the time) and laughs at me. he pulled out the spirit bear so i think he's helping his lv 74 friend camp it. wrong. the bear spawns and when i start tameing it he flys down and kills it. he has done that 4 times now (loque gondria solix anhka (not to me but a friend) skarr and skoll the frist time i see them and try to tame) but i don't know how to send a ticket in and it's really starting to get annoying

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Ah, Thor, one thing we share in common...anger at other griefing hunters. But as we all agreed, its not the hunter community at large, just certain people.

Anyway, another sobworthy gank story. My worgen friend who has been camping Deth for 3 weeks lost him to some horde ahole when the worgen had done all the work and I had helped with army of the dead (DOES help, just not a whole lot) and ghoul sacrifices. Right when Deth was tamable, an orc flies in and starts spamming tame while my friend is dismissing his pet. I told him next time dismiss your pet when Deth is at 20k/20mil whatever instead of waiting til the last minute. He agreed and we both sort of agreed it was his mistake, but it doesn't stop that orc from being a complete ahole and ganking something we did all the work for. Yes, an alliance-gets-ganked-by-horde story from me. From the other side of the fence. O.o

If anything in my post violates the rules, tell me and I'll edit. I don't think it does. I didn't name and shame and didn't blame all the hunter class.

Edit: BTW, retard isn't a foul word and I find it offensive. I hate people who use it as an insult and am seriously contemplating not ever using huntard again, because that is almost as bad. I have a good friend with Down's Syndrome who plays this game and she is better than my entire guild. She tops the charts each time as a healer and a lot of the time its just her and the tank left standing when the boss goes down (yes, sometimes fire looks too pretty to not stand it). She even has a hunter and gives me tips on how to spec/gear/reforge. She is a RL friend and we even go out and do things together. I just give people dirty looks when they say mean things about/to her or call her retard. So she was born with a mental condition. It doesn't mean she still isn't smarter than some people who play this game/exist. This wasn't in response to anything really, just that people use "retard" as an insult and I'm really starting to hate it. I have done it before, I admit, but I've stopped when I realized what I'm saying.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You're good, Sarantha. Nothing in your post violates the rules of this thread!(:

Sorry I haven't been replying much, guys. I've been really busy today!

Thanks to those of you who have been picking up my slack!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I have a few griefers on my servers, actually on Nes most of the griefers are hunters specfically NE hunters and its usually the same people to who dont seem to get it through their head or banned really.

I know this one NE hunter whos pretty well known by most horde hunters for being a jerk, hes killed karkin before and he killed Skarr infront of me and my guildie while he had his skarr out not too far before. He actually just died right when Skarr did, unfortunately I was too slow on hitting tame beast for barrage. He rezzed and proudly showed off his skarr while my guildie and I took out our skarrs and laughed as he fell off. He also tamed Kirix with the wind buff even though he already has it (ive seen him tame kirix before). His main thing is to run around fireplume near skarrs spawn points with his Skarr out. having it named Skarr and just sitting around. Hes pretty well known among the horde hunters community as a jerk.. and also another hunter who is creepy and goes insane. He has his guildies show up to keep you from camping, hes switched chars factions to insults guildies and is just.. creepy.

Why has 10 rares brought out the real jerks in people..

Oh Sar, if anyone calls your friend a retard then that person is a complete jerk. People with mental disabilities are people to and should never ever be looked down upon because they have a handicap. I am glad your friend is enjoying herself playing though :) And I actually really hate the word huntard because for some reason it classifies everyone who is the hunter class according to people. News flash people make mistakes you wipe, get over it. I really have this huge pet peeve when you wipe once in a heroic and it becomes the end of the world to people.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I actually got called "huntard" by the very same friend with Down's Syndrome because I stood in the fire. :lol:

We thought it was very funny at the time, but I agree that it implies the entire hunter class suffers from mental issues.

Sometimes I take it as a compliment and my friend and I tell them about her and they just slink off and don't say another word. Having someone who really is mentally challenged and very competent at the game makes them think twice about making "retard" jokes. It is not said in our guild at all for any reason. Nor is the word "gay" since I also have a lesbian best friend who plays and wipes the floor with many (she's only a pvp'er) and definitely needs to be complimented, not insulted.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)