The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Tilo »

It's not worth getting too flustered over... I know I've had this or that tame yoinked from me, disconnected during some raid boss etc. Can get ticked off initially for a little bit, then just simmer down do something else, play a different character. Right now Arconiss(sp), is hella' popular, just camped out with six mix of horde & alliance standing on the summoning circle all dropping frost traps, curious what the heck will happen when it does spawn...all you can do is try later.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Anj »

A friend and I were camping for Acroniss. Some other fellow horde hunter came by and asked if he'd be given the tame: since he was 13 and he had neck pain.

Of course we explained to him about the unspoken hunter rules. He agreed to half of it: specifically that he doesn't kill rares. Anyway, the three of us were there still talking and of course Acroniss butts in...

I tamed first. Then this other guy proceeded to steal him, tame successfully, then log. I was just staring there, appalled.

Sigh... kids these days. Back to camping!
Remember, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I've been looking at Acroniss wondering if I really do want him as a pet. Nothing draws me to him beyond an interest in trying a different kind of serpent. Because of that I don't camp him, only fly over to check inside every now and again to see if he's there. Up until tonight I never saw tooth or scale of him. Thing is I ran into the cave as normal to see that he was not there again. As I was running out a questing monk (from another server of course, damn CRZ) runs past me... and I then hear the sound of an arcane wyrm being attacked.

Great timing Acro. Really. I know I'm not settled on taming you but that hurt.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Anj »

Amazing. Acroniss was stolen from me a second time.

So I was already taming and another fellow horde (once again) cast Distracting Shot and tamed.

Me: "Grats. I was already taming you know."
Troll: "Where was your distracting shot?"
Me: "I never use it. That's the wrong way to do it."
Troll: "No way. That's what it's for. I learned the hard way."
Me: "I never steal."

So for the record, I'm on strike. Goodbye Acroniss. :) If a pet brings out the bad in people like it's the normal thing to do then I will never use something that symbolizes it.
Remember, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow. :/ What a douche move.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Swifty the Worm
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by Swifty the Worm »

Aw, Anj. That's no reason to go on strike, but I'm sorry to hear about both of your losses. I have lost Acroniss to a Monk (from the same faction) because he thought it was "a Quest Mob". I witnessed a Horde Pandaren lose her tame because a fellow hunter (from her own faction) killed it; if he couldn't have it, neither could she, in his opinion.

However, both of us got it eventually through sheer determination (and insanity). You know what rare beast campers say...

Sorry, I couldn't help but try to brighten the mood. I do wish you the best of luck, and I do hope that you get your serpent soon.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm ready to start screaming at the Mists rares.

I have been up and down Valley, tracking Patrannache's path with the map. I did it for 8 hours straight, and not one single track. (Yes, I'm aware it's possible he spawned and someone else tamed him before I made it back to the other side)

I'm honestly starting to think my computer cannot show those tracks, after the whole friend telling me there was a track right under me on beta, and I saw nothing. >_<

I only want Pat and Purple Portent, but the game gods do not like me, it seems.

*sigh* I will get you Patrannache. One day. Even if it takes me years.
Anj
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Anj »

Swifty the Worm wrote:Aw, Anj. That's no reason to go on strike, but I'm sorry to hear about both of your losses. I have lost Acroniss to a Monk (from the same faction) because he thought it was "a Quest Mob". I witnessed a Horde Pandaren lose her tame because a fellow hunter (from her own faction) killed it; if he couldn't have it, neither could she, in his opinion.

However, both of us got it eventually through sheer determination (and insanity). You know what rare beast campers say...

Sorry, I couldn't help but try to brighten the mood. I do wish you the best of luck, and I do hope that you get your serpent soon.
This really cheered me up -- I'm saving this picture if you don't mind. (And oh, check my post about my Acroniss tame!) Also, welcome!
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

I really feel for all of you that have been griefed here in these forums. I just had a horrid experience myself.

I was in the middle of taming Acroniss with a couple of seconds to spare when the other hunter that was being rude to me *my faction, too! Alliance* KILLED IT while I was taming it. He told me in no uncertain terms "If I cant have it, you wont either". I reported him but I know that there is little to nothing that can be done.

That also brings me to the question of is there any way to leave a cross realm zone? I am on Exodar and the other hunter was on Khadgar.

This happened at 12:50 PM server time.
Swifty the Worm

Anj, you're more than welcome to save my little doodle. I'm glad I could cheer you up!

Onenation, that's horrible! I'm sorry that you had to experience such cruelty...In fact...

Sadly, you can't turn off Cross-Realm, even though I wish we could. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I do wish you luck.
onenation777
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane-Malfurion and many others

Unread post by onenation777 »

Awww. thank you for that :) it cheered me up immensely!

Back to camping....
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wish we could turn off CRZ. -_-; It's causing more problems than solving. and I love your doodles swifty! :D Reminds me of Jessibelle's super friendly golden worm(she tamed Grubthor and is name is Grimm).

LisaaraPokefarm

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Those're awesome doodles. :D Yay Swifty! And yeah, CRZ is ... meh. But that's a whole rant thread in and of itself. You'll get him!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kogitsune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A), Stormrage (A)

Unread post by Kogitsune »

I hate CRZ. So much. Honestly what has happened to the good old days of helping each other, sitting there just to keep someone company so you can know the timer.

Okay so, for the past few days I have been casually looking to see if Acroniss' spot isn't packed, which it usually is so I just log out and check back later. Well as soon as I got home, I saw a BE huntress with him, who was just leaving, and no one in the spot; so I go sit up there, obviously in the for wait of 3-6 hrs. A horde Pandaren hunter comes along, and we emote between eachother before I go over to her server and casually chat with her - we discussed since I'd been there long before she had, I'd get first tame. A lot of different hunters come and go, mostly horde; the last two were alliance. The worgen was nice, whispered me and we talked for all of 10 seconds before he hearthed.

Then a night elf comes, now.. She doesn't say anything; but it's 5 minutes till Acroniss has a chance to spawn (4hr mark); I have a frost trap laid, he pops and it freezes him, I start taming.... and the night elf huntress shoots it, kills it, then runs away before I can fully catch her server/name. Ah well; does no good to blow steam their way, it would just amuse them more just.... so very depressed I sat there for 4 hours and got it killed. xD I'd at least feel a TINY bit better if it had been tamed.

I went and told my panda friend, and told her that she can have the next timer. So I wish her luck... ^^
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm so sorry to hear that. D: Acroniss seems to be bringing out the worst.

LisaaraPokefarm

Swifty the Worm

Really? I'd like to meet Grimm sometime for tea.

Thank you, Novi. :D

Kogi, I'm certain that the Night Elf will get some karma in the future. And don't worry; you'll get Acroniss soon! I wish you luck!

Aw, don't blame Acroniss. It isn't his fault that griefers do what they do. In fact...

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Swifty the Worm wrote:Really? I'd like to meet Grimm sometime for tea.

Thank you, Novi. :D

Kogi, I'm certain that the Night Elf will get some karma in the future. And don't worry; you'll get Acroniss soon! I wish you luck!

Aw, don't blame Acroniss. It isn't his fault that griefers do what they do. In fact...

He'd be delighted! He's such a happy golden worm...often around the Cathedral, giving kids rides on his long body. XD He likes the orphanage.

That pic made me LOL so hard.

LisaaraPokefarm

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Have been trying to camp for Loque on my worgie for months. He is going to be a name sake for a cat that was a deployment gift befor my husband was deployed....sadly we just found out at only 7 yrs old he is dieing of FIP so this tame is really emotional for me.
OK...short story...he poped up right under me and as I landed for the tame a hunam pally runs up kills it and then calls me a ton of nasty stuff laughs at me and runs off. I hate to say it but if I had been on my horde I'd have camped him I was so angry and in tears....ya I know its a game but seriously...why so freakin nasty to someone your own faction just because...I HATE CRZ
Swifty the Worm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

D'awwww!!!! Swifty, that's so cute! Just needs a christmas theme and it'll be perfect!

LisaaraPokefarm