The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Sarantha »

I have 11 tears in my bags. Either from accidental kills or me-being-a-douchewad kills. I regret the douche kills. Really. At the time, I didn't know how much the common skinned rares like Anthriss and Skitterflame meant to people and would just kill them. That was a real nasty move on my part, and I regret it and deserve any tomatoes people want to throw at me.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sarantha wrote:I have 11 tears in my bags. Either from accidental kills or me-being-a-douchewad kills. I regret the douche kills. Really. At the time, I didn't know how much the common skinned rares like Anthriss and Skitterflame meant to people and would just kill them. That was a real nasty move on my part, and I regret it and deserve any tomatoes people want to throw at me.
Repent by rehoming them! :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Hierakles
Realm: Dark Iron

Unread post by Hierakles »

So I decided to log in to check the rare spawns in the Molten Front, you know, as you do, and who do I spy through my Eagle Eye but Deth'tilac himself.
My heart starts beating hard. I'd seen this beauty up a couple of times, but always another hunter was there first.
I called out my Loque'nahak and check that he has Heart of the Phoenix before I start kiting away. I start kiting Deth, rezzing my pet to cause Deth strikes. Another hunter turned up, but they were just helping me, and I was willing to let them.
At about 50% I realised I had kited a bit far back, and had to get past Deth in a hurry. My pet wasn't alive to distract him, so I pop my rocket belt.
Woe of woes, I get a rocket fuel leak! I was already hurt from running past the Lava Bursters and spiders, and in my rush I hadn't bothered to heal. Along with that, Deth got some melee hits on me when I went past. All this culminated in me watching in despair as my health dwindled, and I died. Upon returning, the other hunter was already kiting Deth herself, so I assisted her in taking him down.

I guess the moral of this story is, NEVER trust your Rocket Belt! (And maybe watch how far back you kite Deth)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
Sarantha wrote:I have 11 tears in my bags. Either from accidental kills or me-being-a-douchewad kills. I regret the douche kills. Really. At the time, I didn't know how much the common skinned rares like Anthriss and Skitterflame meant to people and would just kill them. That was a real nasty move on my part, and I regret it and deserve any tomatoes people want to throw at me.
Repent by rehoming them! :D
I've rehomed 5 Solix and 11 Deth'tilac as of today! For non-spiders, rehomed 3 Ankhas, 1 Magria, and 2 Ban'thalos (helping using my mage to cast slowfall). I'm trying to repent! I'm trying to redeem my evilness!
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well Skarr was killed again.. by guess what a NE hunter. I swear I dont get whats going on with hunters on the Nes server but.. they have issues with killing skarr. When I asked why.. he said "no clue".. really? you kill a highly sought after rare for.. no reason. Though everytime someone kills him at that rock atleast they fall off.. trying to get to his corpse.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Almost had a bad story to share; a ret pally started whooping on Karkin moments before my friend who'd been looking for him arrived. We took him out FAST and Karkin was happily tamed 30s later. The pally apologized to my friend when he resed, and offered his congratulations. No ill will here. I was surprised and pleased. :)

Unfortunately, a few minutes later, my friend who had previously caused the demise of Anthriss linked me a tear from Ban'thalos. >_< Given, these are still challenge kills too, but that's so depressing. -_-

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

A human pally killed Karkin even after multiple people asked her not to and I myself offered her 1k to not kill it. Why must people be complete !@U#(!s? She just did it to PO hunters and she knows it. I told her guild leader, who was NOT happy with her. No guild wants a bad rep, after all. This was both factions asking her to stop and an alliance person offering her 1k to not kill it. I couldn't scam her and told her as much since Blizzard has chat logs, so she would have got her 1k, but no, the 25g was way too important.

Gah. Morons tick me off.
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Kirsten »

Yeah. I'm not even going to sit there and act like I haven't been completely livid and killed a rare elite so no one can get it. By the way, I'm actually livid right now because I died five times trying to tame Skarr, had a two minute res, and this Nelf hunter (who had been ganking me when I was CLEARLY there first) brought her ENTIRE guild to make sure I didn't get it. So, as asshats come and go and noobs appear, she didn't know how to tame him and sat on the edge, dying. While she was busy being a jerk, I got my fiance to get online (on his boomkin) and help me start killing the alliance.

...They had EIGHT people there.........................

Anyway, we live together so we're telling eachother "OKAY, SO IF I DON'T F***ING GET IT, THEY'RE NOT. FFS," and he pops, typhoons the dumbo off the cliff and I murder my beloved Skarr..

They shouldn't have ticked me off. I just came home from my car crapping out on me. I am NOT THE HUNTER TO BE MESSED WITH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

As you can tell, there are like three or four of the people in the picture. There were more behind them.
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kirsten »

P.S. I wouldn't be in this predicament if they hadn't watched me die and disconnect off the damn rocks for ten minutes. If it were ANYONE else, I would have sat back, taken notes, and cheered them after they tamed Skarr like I have any other rare elite I was too slow to catch.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Just wanted to drop by and say that my luck finally came through, not on Deth, but the secondary spider I wanted- Kirix! I'm very impressed with his challenge in the fact that he just moshes over all in his way, and am now proud to call him my pet, and even happier to get my Hunter the HELL out of the Molten Front. I got my spider, I'm DONE.
Last edited by Macha on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That is fine, but this human pally had NO REASON to kill Karkin at all besides being a *insert very dirty word here*. She even had OTHER ALLIANCE hunters /crying on her and begging her to stop, along with me offering her 1k. What the eff? Does being a *insert naughty word of choice* make people happy or something? She may have had a bad day or whatever, but don't take it out on others. We're REAL PEOPLE behind these pixels.
Kalliope

Anthriss dead again. -_- One of Rox's guildies, a dk, found him, which was when I knew he was up. I found a hunter to tame Anny, but the dk was messing with our lovable banana spider. Anny was almost dead, around 30k hp, when the hunter arrived, and the dk was nowhere near dying and making no sign of moving. So we killed him. He and a feral druid messed with us for ages until I was oom. (I was on my priest.) There was some back and forth, with some alliance bailing us out, but then they turned on Anny. They backed off when begged, but then the dk came back and finished Anny off with a howling blast. He got camped a bit afterwards, but got no sympathy from his guild, heh. :/

YouTube Edition

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

In repentance for my evil deeds in the past (killing Anthriss, taming two Kirixes, killing Skitterflame, killing brown Madexx) I helped a hunter tame Anthriss and paid a pally 1k to stop trying to kill it and interrupting her tames. Please, good karma, let me get a job!

I'm unemployed and need one badly! Taming all these rares and being able to camp for hours on end was nice, but I need money. I sowwy for killing Anthriss. I made up for it and helped someone tame her today and she walked away with that very rare yellow spider (only so rare because everyone kills it).
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

Kirix can go kill himself.

I got 100g in repairs trying to do every different tame...and the last time he stood out of range of my tame and stunned me from a distance...nothing even mentioned that he could do that!

And then a draenei comes along, with rez sickness and tames him no problem.
I'm just so angry right now.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Curzon wrote:Kirix can go kill himself.

I got 100g in repairs trying to do every different tame...and the last time he stood out of range of my tame and stunned me from a distance...nothing even mentioned that he could do that!

Here's the strategy I used, hopefully it'll help you out- get on one of the floating rocks and shoot at Kirix. He'll evade for a bit and then try casting his RAWR I POISON UUUUU attack. Wait until it's almost cast and hit Deterrence, then hit tame. You should be finished with your Kirix tame a bit before he finishes his second Poison Bomb attack.

Tried that strategy after Kirix owned me multiple times last night and it worked like a charm. :D

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kirix can magically kill you from a distance. He don't need no stinkin' range!

You just gave me an idea for a new challenge! Tame Kirix with rez sickness!
Curzon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Curzon »

Macha wrote:

Here's the strategy I used, hopefully it'll help you out- get on one of the floating rocks and shoot at Kirix. He'll evade for a bit and then try casting his RAWR I POISON UUUUU attack. Wait until it's almost cast and hit Deterrence, then hit tame. You should be finished with your Kirix tame a bit before he finishes his second Poison Bomb attack.

Tried that strategy after Kirix owned me multiple times last night and it worked like a charm. :D
I did do that.
He stood out of range of my tame and stunned me
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kirsten »

Ganked by another guild of Alliance while I camped Skarr. Only this time, I didn't get to kill him. He was tamed....

I hate my server. I NEVER had these problems on my old server. I knew I should have went PVE again. But nooooo, my old guild HAD to move from PVE to PVP. Although I went from PVP to PVP, all of our hunters on either side were good people. >:(
Kalliope

Curzon wrote:
Macha wrote:

I did do that.
He stood out of range of my tame and stunned me
Then you didn't pull him correctly. :/ Where were you standing?

YouTube Edition

Snuffley
Realm: Al'Akir

Unread post by Snuffley »

Hey
new here!

Ive been after Skarr and Karkin since yesterday (no biggie on that one) I was at first after Ban'thalos, but after the 3rd time I missed him and I sat with a tear running down my face I decided I should try another rare for now.

First try, I Just managed to get Ban'thalos to the ground and some silly paladin killed him, 2nd time a hunter stole my tame, and I had been chatting to that person only a few min before the spawn they knew I had been stood waiting for 4 days..and once again 3rd time some one killed him.
This morning before work I logged on to see what was happening, and I had 4 NPC scans go off one on top of each other

Kirix - he hurts :(
Deth'tilac - couldn't find them
Skitterflame - same again
Solix - and again

I did how ever manage to get Anhka so thats a plus!