The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Talaridan »

I shouldn't complain since I have had a lucky couple of weeks with tames.... Karkin, Banny, Deth....but...

I almost NEVER see Skarr. He's beautiful, but I've never had a character that really fits him. Still, I want to try and get him on Tala. Cats and Night Elves go so well together and his skin is beautiful...

Well, today, I see him. No one else seems to be around so I'm tickled!

I get all set up...start the tame and suddenly...some fracking troll trains a bunch of the stone elementals onto me. They AoE, my tame gets screwed, I'm dead from Skarr's fireball.

Frustrated, I rush back only to see said troll running off with Skarr.

*Sighs* I'll get him eventually I'm sure, but man...it was just so frustrating. :(
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Raun wrote:I shouldn't complain since I have had a lucky couple of weeks with tames.... Karkin, Banny, Deth....but...

I almost NEVER see Skarr. He's beautiful, but I've never had a character that really fits him. Still, I want to try and get him on Tala. Cats and Night Elves go so well together and his skin is beautiful...

Well, today, I see him. No one else seems to be around so I'm tickled!

I get all set up...start the tame and suddenly...some fracking troll trains a bunch of the stone elementals onto me. They AoE, my tame gets screwed, I'm dead from Skarr's fireball.

Frustrated, I rush back only to see said troll running off with Skarr.

*Sighs* I'll get him eventually I'm sure, but man...it was just so frustrating. :(
I'm so sorry that happened hun. D:

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Just came across a bronze madexx, dead. :( I was gonna skin him but he despawned.

LisaaraPokefarm

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melentari »

On my oldest blood elf hunter whom I've finally gotten to level 80, I've been camping Skoll. Today, I saw him get tamed at roughly 3 PM. I knew that I'd have my next chance at around nine PM, so I logged back on to WoW at twenty 'til, giving myself time to wander through his spawn points. And at 8:59, he spawned at the point just above Brunnhildar Village. I got excited, flew down, landed, dismounted, ready to tame--

And a mage killed him right in front of me. He knew I was there, but he didn't even give a /sorry or anything. He just stood there and stared at me, unflagged, after Skoll was dead, and then just flew off.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Some douchewaffle just ninja'd banny from my friend. We were there first. The douchebag got up there, watched us, then took him.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Some douchebag druid purposely killed Ban'thalos when 3 hunters were trying to tame him.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zephanian
Realm: Drak'thul

Unread post by Zephanian »

This is not a rant really, more of a "everything turned out OK in the end" kind of story.

I got a guildie with silence to help me tame Skarr the other day, but before I started to tame, another guildie (frost mage with elemental) jumps to him suddenly and kills him. There was no flame on the guildchat, because that would just be pointless plus he apologized, but I was really frustrated that evening. My own guildmate f*cked up my rare tame attempt. The next morning, however, I got lucky and managed to tame him by myself. Which turned this whole thing into a funny story in the end :).

People can't help killing a rare mob when they see one, because they believe it is a part of some achievement or it will at least drop something nice. "The desire to serve as a loyal companion, coalesced into a single priceless crystal" says it all :).
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zephanian wrote:This is not a rant really, more of a "everything turned out OK in the end" kind of story.

I got a guildie with silence to help me tame Skarr the other day, but before I started to tame, another guildie (frost mage with elemental) jumps to him suddenly and kills him. There was no flame on the guildchat, because that would just be pointless plus he apologized, but I was really frustrated that evening. My own guildmate f*cked up my rare tame attempt. The next morning, however, I got lucky and managed to tame him by myself. Which turned this whole thing into a funny story in the end :).

People can't help killing a rare mob when they see one, because they believe it is a part of some achievement or it will at least drop something nice. "The desire to serve as a loyal companion, coalesced into a single priceless crystal" says it all :).
If a guildie did that, they would've gotten Gkicked for it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zephanian
Realm: Drak'thul

Unread post by Zephanian »

Jessibelle wrote:If a guildie did that, they would've gotten Gkicked for it.
I choose to believe it was just an accident due to his ignorance :). Turns out nobody except for hunters cares for rare spawns too much...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zephanian wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:If a guildie did that, they would've gotten Gkicked for it.
I choose to believe it was just an accident due to his ignorance :). Turns out nobody except for hunters cares for rare spawns too much...
Well he did apologize....but still he knew you were taming it and killed it in the middle of the tame.

LisaaraPokefarm

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Wykea wrote:As some of you know, early summertime I was hoping to get green Madexx.

My subscription lapsed at the end of June due to financial concerns, with no luck in what I sought before then.

Still not back in the game. It pains me to think how many, MANY chances to get him I've since missed...
Back in the game... still no luck finding ANY Madexx, let alone green, on Kirin Tor. If I knew his spawnrate, I might could have better luck - but for now, I'm flying blind...
Image Image
CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

I was so happy. I was so, so happy. Two-years of religiously checking for Aotona, two-years of hoping one day I'd see it alive.
I decided to camp for it, 12-hours of camping (mind you I have stuff to do today) because I wanted that bird so bad. My fiance
and I stationed ourselves at two different spawn locations, I tab in and out for 12-hours my fiance doing other things but keeping
himself logged in... the next thing we hear, is BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG the sound of NPC_scan. I nearly fall out of my chair,
he rushes to get its attention and stands there with it attached to his face waiting for me to hurry... to hurry.... to hurry... only to
watch my beautiful Aotona be destroyed by a greedy boomkin. I was so happy, so freaking happy because I was having such good luck
not running into assholes on this server - I even rehomed a Skarr to a blood elf hunter who was very happy to have him. That happy
feeling is gone, don't get me wrong I've been lucky to have what I do but the one thing I wanted, and have wanted, was Aotona....

I know I can camp it again, but still, there is just this heartbreak feeling knowing there is nothing you can do as the pet you've wanted
is destroyed before your very eyes... it's a sinking feeling.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I would've chewed the boomkin out.

LisaaraPokefarm

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

It's official... Ankha hates me.

Waited a good 4 hours at the Twin's spawn, only to have my 9th Magria spawn...

I've tamed every MF rare, as well as Deth, Mag, Karkin, and Solix multiple times, except Ankha. I've never seen one tamed, or wild, ever. Why me?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Mizree
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Mizree »

I do not post on these forums often, but just had to vent on this one.

Found Green Madexx this morning and while I am flying next to it trying to find a hunter to tame, another horde comes near, I pst him that I am looking for a hunter, he attacks and kills it. I pst again that I would have tipped him to let it be, and they ignore me.

Just sad that it seemed they did it simply to make a hunter upset :( If they had been lvling I could maybe have seen them wanting the exp, but this was an 85.

So any Skullcrusher hunters looking, he was killed and skinned at 8:50 am server.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I'm camping for Ankha since days and this morning I saw & killed Blazewing...so useless :(
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

I did have this one time where someone ninja-killed a rare that I was standing next to while waiting for a friend to come. This was before Lich King's time but not long before. At the old guild I used to run at the time, I had a guildie whom I had a place in my heart for for many reasons. This also includes helping her tame rares or just plain pretty pets on her hunter. So, when she mentioned she had a thing for tallstriders, I mentioned Mazzranache first. Then one random night when I decided to check and see if that flamingo was around in Mulgore after landing in TB, there she was (however gender you look at for Mazz). Mazz striding (nice pun there) conveniently among the rolling plains. I instantly told my guildie and she was well on her way. Unfortunately, she was a lowbie so she did not have a flight path to TB, a mount, or the cheetah aspect. It took her awhile to try to come while I was walking next to Mazz but not too close. Then, all of a sudden, a lowbie tauren hunter came by and slaughtered the poor bird in front of me. After the bird was dead, I asked him why he did it. I was saving her for a guildie. No answer. I either suspected that player was on a trial account or plain griefing. My guildie was disappointed, whether she was there or not.

It really is cruel for players to ninja-kill rare pets hunters are trying to tame to massage their ego or someone else's. I, myself, used to make a small business by informing any hunters in the area if they want this certain rare pet that I am staring at. Either I would be calmly watching them make the tame, use a Freezing Trap if they didn't have the spell, and/or attack any adds or stray mobs the rare might attract (like Dishu for example) so the hunters themselves don't die.

Have another small story. When I was at the Barrens just checking out to see if Humar was around (not that I wanted him; I had Araga instead :D ). He wasn't but there was a hunter who built a temporary treehouse near his spawn point waiting for him to appear. At first, the hunter thought I wanted Humar, too, but I said I wasn't interested and I (and a guildie later) ended up keeping him company while we waited. We must have waited about a couple hours. Then a level 62 orc hunter showed but only for a few minutes (we were all horde, btw). Then all of a sudden, our buddy hunter DC's...and at the worst time, too. Humar showed up shortly after. Me and my guildie prayed for him to come back on as the lion was sleeping peacefully next to the tree. He never came back and the same orc hunter we saw earlier ended up taming Humar. The next two nights, the buddy hunter logged on and I whispered him Humar showed right after he DCed and another hunter got him. The rest of my experience with this hunter is fuzzy after that, but I think I was able to help him tame Azzere. I don't quite remember if it was him I helped but I remembered letting someone know Azzere was around if they wanted him.

Another EDIT: I guess my small string of stories does always end with a happy note. Re-editted as posting the other half in the rehome thread will do, too. Thankees though. :hug:
Last edited by Karin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Karin wrote:I did have this one time where someone ninja-killed a rare that I was standing next to while waiting for a friend to come. This was before Lich King's time but not long before. At the old guild I used to run at the time, I had a guildie whom I had a place in my heart for for many reasons. This also includes helping her tame rares or just plain pretty pets on her hunter. So, when she mentioned she had a thing for tallstriders, I mentioned Mazzranache first. Then one random night when I decided to check and see if that flamingo was around in Mulgore after landing in TB, there she was (however gender you look at for Mazz). Mazz striding (nice pun there) conveniently among the rolling plains. I instantly told my guildie and she was well on her way. Unfortunately, she was a lowbie so she did not have a flight path to TB, a mount, or the cheetah aspect. It took her awhile to try to come while I was walking next to Mazz but not too close. Then, all of a sudden, a lowbie tauren hunter came by and slaughtered the poor bird in front of me. After the bird was dead, I asked him why he did it. I was saving her for a guildie. No answer. I either suspected that player was on a trial account or plain griefing. My guildie was disappointed, whether she was there or not.

On a high note, she did get Mazz the second time I found that flamingo for her and before that (I wasn't around at this time), she also got the clutchmother. I forget what she named the clutchmother but Fiesta was for the flamingo.

It really is cruel for players to ninja-kill rare pets hunters are trying to tame to massage their ego or someone else's. I, myself, used to make a small business by informing any hunters in the area if they want this certain rare pet that I am staring at. Either I would be calmly watching them make the tame, use a Freezing Trap if they didn't have the spell, and/or attack any adds or stray mobs the rare might attract (like Dishu for example) so the hunters themselves don't die.

EDIT: On my case, I must have been lucky because throughout the time I tamed my creatures, especially for my draenei hunter and a orc hunter I hardly used before I ended up quitting WoW after 4.0.3 hit Azeroth. Never had anyone even showing up to steal or gank my rare tames, although I did have a close call when I was about to tame Vile Sting and saw a warlock mount on the main path. Never got up to a high enough level to give myself a real challenge like taming a spirit beast or Krush like a boss. Every time I do see a rare I want, however, I do freak out a bit from both the excitement and the worry that someone might come to hurt them. If it was another hunter that got the pet tamed first, I would've had no problem with it. I'd be a bit disappointed but happy at the same time. This also related to how heart giving out to hunters that wanted certain rares.

Have another small story. When I was at the Barrens just checking out to see if Humar was around (not that I wanted him; I had Araga instead :D ). He wasn't but there was a hunter who built a temporary treehouse near his spawn point waiting for him to appear. At first, the hunter thought I wanted Humar, too, but I said I wasn't interested and I (and a guildie later) ended up keeping him company while we waited. We must have waited about a couple hours. Then a level 62 orc hunter showed but only for a few minutes (we were all horde, btw). Then all of a sudden, our buddy hunter DC's...and at the worst time, too. Humar showed up shortly after. Me and my guildie prayed for him to come back on as the lion was sleeping peacefully next to the tree. He never came back and the same orc hunter we saw earlier ended up taming Humar. The next two nights, the buddy hunter logged on and I whispered him Humar showed right after he DCed and another hunter got him. The rest of my experience with this hunter is fuzzy after that, but I think I was able to help him tame Azzere. I don't quite remember if it was him I helped but I remembered letting someone know Azzere was around if they wanted him.
All the good stuff, you should probably post in the Rehome Stories thread. The first part was negative but the 2nd part seems more happy and a bit out of place in this thread. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm

Silverpeal
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary - Alliance

Unread post by Silverpeal »

Grrr. Just had Deth stolen from me by a bunch of hordies. And then they had the audacity to thank me. Just because I'm part of a hip and groovy guild that has some lovely members who help re-home, doesn't mean -I'm- there for your benefit. :p And my membership lapses in a few days, and I don't know when I'll be able to resub again.
Like Roleplay? Come to Lusternia! | Willing to send out SoRs!
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

ok. That's it. I'm done. I've seen Loque 5 times now. Each time, I mange to find a hunter who says they want her. When they get there, what do they do. Shoot her. They stand there, and shoot her. Then they go lololololol or some other stupid response, and act like she's a joke. I don't. I love that cat. I really do. I want to have her as a cat in RL. Heck, last Halloween, I went as her! And yet...These stupid idiots...

My loque...my precious, precious loque... :cry: :cry:

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}