Pets you need to let go...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock4

Pets you need to let go...

Unread post by Slickrock4 »

Ok, you know you have some. That rare you tamed that you happened to come across, that new skin you rushed out to get when the patch came out, that pvp pet that you tamed despite you having a lifetime total of 25 hks.

So, what ones do you need to let go?

I have a few.

Karoma - I can't get past the frozen face and lack of animations
Skoll - something about the white nails as he runs around bugs me
Sambas - as long as I have the red lynx, Sambas isn't seeing the light of day

What friends do you need to say goodbye to?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Pets you need to let go...

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sambas is one I've considered. He's beautiful but....not my number one. Plus my guildie uses him all the time so I'm sick of seeing him.

Karoma too is another I've considered.

I let go out several of my madexxes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Recently I let go of my blue Madexx, Gondria and Ghostcrawler, as I could not form any kind of attachment to them.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Every few weeks (months?) I take a good look at my stable and work out which pets I don't really want, if any. I suppose it says something that I don't really remember who I've said good-bye to recently, haha.

My biggest "mistake" was Sambas. I had him for kicks and promptly abandoned him when I decided I had a million too many cats and spirit beasts in my stable. A day later I was moping around wishing I hadn't done it, so I ticketed a lovely GM who restored him for me with a smile and haven't looked back since.

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

I recently had to trim my stables, prompting me to suggest that for every X petswe get, we get a fraction of that number in additional stable slots.

I could let the purple croc and Princess Huhuran go I suppose, but the amount of work it took to get to the Princess solo is enough to keep her, and since like to get the Cata loremaster achieve (and Outland, and NR), it'd be pretty hard to get the purple croc back should I ever want him back. As it was I let a few go I didn't want to.

As it is, I really couldn't part with anyone =(
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Sometimes I just like a lot of different skins in a family, like spiders, and tame new pets semi-regularly. I'll probably let my old-world scorpid go again soon, so I can re-tame the brown armored scorpid.
Slickrock4 wrote:I have the red lynx
Funny you should say that, as I released a red lynx on an alt when I tamed Pog on impulse, but will probably release Pog to re-tame the lynx, as I just find the gem cats not to my taste.

I've also tried out transparent pets, but seem to prefer the opaque ones.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i've released a few over the past few months. Huhuran after they normalized boss wasps. also released Rak'shiri since i only use Sambas as my cat pet and with Shy-rotam making him no longer a rare unique. never liked Gondria, will release her when i go BM again. and prob King Mosh since i've never used him, and he's not a unique rare.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm thinking about getting rid of Ghostcrawler and skoll next. I replaced Gondria with Magria, I got rid of Arcturis simply because I never really used him. Trying to trim down the stable to pet I actually use.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Shinjiro

Unread post by Shinjiro »

Got GC on Shinjiro soon after she dinged 85. Hated him. Chucked him.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I just got rid of Uhk'loc... for the billionth time >.> ...well okay, maybe it was only the fifth. That's still kind of a lot though! As it turns out, I really dislike gorillas haha. As far as my rares, Silithid Harvester is probably the next to go. I don't ever use Nuramoc either, but I was excited to get him, and there's still something about him that makes me want to hold onto him longer. We shall see...

Also, Shinjiro's post reminded me of how excited I was to get Ghostcrawler, and what a letdown he ended up being (so far). I love the crab models and I love spirit beasts, but somehow he isn't clicking so far. I think part of it is that he's just so easy to lose track of in BGs, even without stealth.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Arrothin
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by Arrothin »

Had 9 spirit beasts and it was just too much to give 1/3 of my stable to one family. So i racked my brain trying to figure out how to pick and i finaly decided one keeping one cat SB, one wolf SB, one bear, one bird and one crab. So Gondria Magria and Ankha got the boot because Loque will be the last pet i ever release and because those 3 are identical, and Karoma didnt quiet measure up to Skoll. Got rid of Gezzarak too and was left with 5 new spots. Instead of retaming Gosh'Haldir and Uhk'loc i went after the new STV troll spirits, as well as getting back my wolf and Rattlebore. :)
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Arrothin wrote:Had 9 spirit beasts and it was just too much to give 1/3 of my stable to one family. So i racked my brain trying to figure out how to pick and i finaly decided one keeping one cat SB, one wolf SB, one bear, one bird and one crab. So Gondria Magria and Ankha got the boot because Loque will be the last pet i ever release and because those 3 are identical, and Karoma didnt quiet measure up to Skoll. Got rid of Gezzarak too and was left with 5 new spots. Instead of retaming Gosh'Haldir and Uhk'loc i went after the new STV troll spirits, as well as getting back my wolf and Rattlebore. :)

I know that feel bro. I'm sitting on 9 of 9 Spirit Beasts and 4 of the same fucking Spider, just recoloured (new rares) which takes up over half of my goddamn Stables on just 2 goddamn families. It's lame as hell but I wants them son of a bitches.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

I don't tame pets I don't like the skin for ( and that's not alot), and I never lose a bond once it's there even if it is weakened for some reason it is still there. How I keep my stables so what small is
1. Tame a skin I like then us it for a week (changing if I need a different pet for raiding).
2. Only giving the pet a name if I bond with him. Normally a bond starts to form when I start calling my pet one specific name, and that's how they get their names. If within the week of the tame if he/she does not have a name. I let them go.
3. If my bond starts to weaken with one pet, and bigger excitement comes from another would be pet. I rehome them to my alt/baby hunters so they are still with me (rp reason behind it is that they are gifts given to them to protect them).

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sometimes, a pet just doesn't work out, no matter how much I want them to.

Skittaflame, Kallimon's Skitterflame, had to go live with Caelan instead because no matter how much I adore Skitter in the wild, I just wasn't feeling him as a pet. Possibly this is due to him being named after Skitter. Truth be told, I should let Nalorakk (Arcturis) go on the same grounds, but after the horrific camp that led to him, I would feel too guilty. He might need a rename instead. Chili was a Terrorpene Kallimon saved from a fate worse than....no, wait, just death. He didn't click until he morphed into a common red runed demon dog from Zul'Drak.

Odysseus and Penelope, Kalliope's original monkey and her only tallstrider, were cool on principle, but they just didn't work somehow. I enjoy running with Pandora (the new monkey) instead; Ody never felt right. I don't know what it is, but tallstriders and foxes don't seem to work for Kalliope, so that is now the only (non-BM) buff I'm lacking. I've tried three different chimaeras (one a recolor of the same pet), but they never felt right. I had to ditch my shale spider Arachne because I felt nothing for her; she never got to play before turning into a green lava spider. Suddenly, she gained a personality. I recently let my purple hyena Kallisto go after coming to terms with the fact that she'd essentially moved in with Kallimon as Praline. Jason, a common red hyena (rather than Slaverjaw), has moved in instead.

As for pets I *should* part with, Kallimon's stable could use a cleaning. And I need to bond with Saffron, since Jambalaya won't let me release her. -_-

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

*Stares at stables*... :oops:

Er..well..Zui's stables are..less than organized.
Krush, Skarr, Deth'tilac, Red Madexx, Gondria and of course Floyd are my most used pets.
I also will pull out Gorebite, the purple uldum croc when I'm RPing.
My shale spider is useful in pvp though I haven't done that lately.

And the unused pets...?
Sambas. I went insane when this skin came out and did a 2 week camp to tame him..used him for a long while, actually, but I quickly grew very very bored of him. I might try and use him again, he does have a nice model.

Karken. I've used him a handful of times for PVP but aside from that, he really hasn't clicked. :\ Though I don't feel too bad as he was more of a pity tame because no hunters would tame him and an alliance had tried to kill him (and nearly succeeded) before I tried.

Arcturis. I love, love his model, but the only spirit beast I can really bear to use is Gondria as she's my favourite.

Ghostcrawler. I think he wears a lot of us out. :| The novelty of having a spirit crab kinda wears off after awhile.

Ankha. Well..I can safely say I will never use her and am thinking of abandoning her.

Ban'thalos looks great, but I just cant use flying pets, I don't know why. The only flying pet that hasn't annoyed the crap out of me has been the brown and purple kaliri from terrokar.

Karoma. I seriously can't get over the unrefined model, its just too pixelated and scratchy. :\
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, I need to work on my stables... Gruck has like 8 spirit beasts... need to cut that to two. That might be a good rule to start, no more than 2 of any family, unless you are specifically collecting them.
Account has been closed at user's request.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

On Rexiah I think I'm going to let go:
Karoma
Arcturis
Burning boar (maybe)

On Giordana it will probably be:
Blue rune dog
Snowfrolic fox
Karoma
Terrorpene (maybe)
Sambas

Sambas is a maybe simple because I have been keeping him in case I ever get the alliance guild mount but it's not like he cannot be retamed later down the road.

Jobiensis doesn't have a lot of pets but I may release:
Dreadsaber
Rhino
Arcturis

Weelass would be:
Seagull
Beetle
Carrion bird

And several other.

But that's all I can think of for now.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

On Xiela I have the greatest variety of pets I could ever imagine, thanks to my colour scheme and having many different pet families. I love all of them, and wouldn't let any of them go. Perhaps the chimaera, but not really.

On Thyell, previously Miyon, I have released a lot of pets. I am still sitting on 6 spirit beasts, but three of them are going, I just need to psyche myself up for it. Those that are left are those I camped for. I will spread them out on my other hunters, but none of them are of level yet. I have 17 pets on her currently, and will go down to 13 when I am done. I don't know what to do, because I don't know what kind of pets I want on her.. I have just collected them, not without love, but still. I have a few loved ones that wont go, no matter what, and those are for the most part the common skins.

Dévi? I have no idea. I'd like to cut back on the cats, I don't see her as the crazy cat lady kind. She is too fierce for it. Also trying to keep a colour sheme.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Over the years I've acquired a number of pets that I know will always have a permanent home, but at the same time I have a few 'flexible' ones. They mean a lot to me, but I'm able to let them go when necessary in order to try new things, knowing they're out there and attainable again when I wish to spend time with them some more. While that's true of any pet in game (being attainable again), many of my pets would never be able to leave my stables on principle. I couldn't bear the thought. Some though...they just can. They're slightly different from revolving door stable slots, I don't view them as disposable, but I just don't need them to be constantly with my character in order to love them. It gives me some room to tame new pets from time to time, and if I change my mind they just come right back.
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

I'm almost out of stable space so I need to consider this too.

Probably I'll let my Ghostcrawler go. He's cute but when I want a spirit beast I use my bear. I've never learned to love my crocodile either, even though I got Mahamba, the prettiest one (imo). And I have too many cats... a shiny tiger that I loved for awhile, and a blue panther that I tamed to match the panther cub... both have gone to the back of the stables because for cats, I always go back to my ghost saber Djinn. So they'll probably be released back into the wilds.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."