Which Dragonhawk?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which D-hawk?

Blue Dragonhawk
75%
Amani Dragonhawk
8%
Neither
4%
Both
13%

Total votes: 24

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Which Dragonhawk?

Unread post by meepitco »

I have two dragonhawks right now, and I cant decide which to tame. They are both AMAZING looking, and they're both d-hawks....
The amani d-hawk named Munchy. He is pretty cool looking, and has been my main buddy for a while.
~~
The blue dragonhawk, which a friend helped me tame. She's pretty, and gets a lot of stares in the cities.
well...I am pretty confused on what one I should keep...
And I don't even know if this is the right board .___.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Re: Which Dragonhawk?

Unread post by Mychelle »

The blue and purple matches your hair lovely. :)
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Yes what Mychelle said. I'm a sucker for matching pets D:

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, the blue and purple does match my hair...but the green on the other d-hawk matches my armor ._. I wish there was a color changing D-hawk. That'd make things easier :lol:

Tumblr is here.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Armor changes often enough.... hair can too, but if you are dead set on your hair color then I think "matching" a pet to hair is better than armor.

They are both nice looking, they happen to be my favorite color choices for that family. I think you would look really great with the purple and blue one though. It also seems like the most appropriate dragonhawk for a nelf (for a few reasons), but mostly cause it would blend in with the night better =P

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm personally more towards matching a pet to my character over what armor they're wearing as your armor tends to change a lot, although transmogrification will change that some. Personally even with the yellow and pink one matching your armor, I think the blue one looks far more amazing with your character. I saw it and went "wow."

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think I love my blue dragonhawk a little more because she just made Kael give me his Hawkstrider >_>

Tumblr is here.

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I see the blue matching your hair and armor. There is green on the blue dragonhawks. :)
On another note, I think Blue Dragonhawks tend to be more lucky xD I know mine are. :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Grats on hawkstrider! :D I've got to side with everyone else and the blue dragonhawk, UNLESS you're more attached to the yellow. It's fine to have a pet that doesn't match you, as long as it's what you really want! From the sound of it, it's only the looks of the blue that appeals to you and not the soul of the pet.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Personally, I find the soul of the pet important. My pet Sian has been with me for...forever. She's never going to leave my stable. At the moment, I am attached to Munchy the most, but I think after that moment, I am getting a little more attached to blue. I still need a name for her, but I think keeping both for now would be a good idea. (I also have a ghost kitty, that looks a lot like the ones in the Dwarf Area)
And thank you everyone <3 I was like, OOH A SCROLL BUTTON...OOH A NEW MOUNT.
I have no bloody idea what I just said....

Tumblr is here.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I actually changed my troll's ravager from one that matched his colors perfectly to a red/orange one - and actually felt closer to him than the original! Appearances don't mean anything, so go with which one you truly like. :) If matching breaks a stalemate of a tie for you, though, go with the blue.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I like the blue coloring, and Munchy was a fun tamed speaking we wiped 5 seconds later. Along with the blue's coloring, I tamed her with a friend who ATTEMPTED tanking, so it was pretty funny.

Tumblr is here.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

meepitco wrote:Personally, I find the soul of the pet important. My pet Sian has been with me for...forever. She's never going to leave my stable. At the moment, I am attached to Munchy the most, but I think after that moment, I am getting a little more attached to blue. I still need a name for her, but I think keeping both for now would be a good idea. (I also have a ghost kitty, that looks a lot like the ones in the Dwarf Area)
And thank you everyone <3 I was like, OOH A SCROLL BUTTON...OOH A NEW MOUNT.
I have no bloody idea what I just said....
I suppose.... But I don't feel any less attached to pets or their souls when I chose because of their looks. :?

I'm attached to all of them, and they all have developed their own personality... Even if I select them for their coloring/look... I still get very very attached to them. Today I was doing a MF daily and one of the flamewalker guy things picked up Yuni and threw her in the lava. I hate when they do that but Yuni normally survives, however today she got stuck. And both of them were out of my LoS and I couldn't dismiss her, so I had to watch her die. It was very sad and I cried inside... but what I'm trying to say is I liked the shale spiders when they first came out, I knew I would have to have one for my draenei. And I selected Yuni based on her coloring over the other available colors since she looked the best with Neyaari... but that doesn't mean I am not as attached to her as I would be if I tamed the first shale spider I saw no matter the color. I formed a bond with her after she was tamed, and I often find my bonds to pets are stronger if I find their looks to be fitting for my hunter. Call me crazy or vain, but thats just how I operate. :|

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I understand that. I choose my pets by the hunters theme. The looks come next. Then comes the problem with bonding with them. I've had to release my Sambas because I really wasn't bonded with him. Now, most of the hunters on my server would think I am f*cking crazy, but I don't. Same with Skoll. Same with Ghostcrawler. They're all nice looking pets, but if I don't bond with them, I don't really use them. So I think if it fits into my theme, and I bond with it, they're good.
Dragonhawks, though, do fit somewhat into my theme

Tumblr is here.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

meepitco wrote:I understand that. I choose my pets by the hunters theme. The looks come next. Then comes the problem with bonding with them. I've had to release my Sambas because I really wasn't bonded with him. Now, most of the hunters on my server would think I am f*cking crazy, but I don't. Same with Skoll. Same with Ghostcrawler. They're all nice looking pets, but if I don't bond with them, I don't really use them. So I think if it fits into my theme, and I bond with it, they're good.
(Haha.... I remember what you told me about Ghostcrawler. lol) But yeah, I'm sorta the same. Which is why I can't get attached to my red Madexx at the moment. And the bronze clone is the same model, but different coloring yet I bonded with that one quicker.
Last edited by Serenith on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Serenith wrote:And the bronze clone is the same model, but different coloring yet I boned with that one quicker.
You may want to fix that. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Serenith wrote:And the bronze clone is the same model, but different coloring yet I bonded with that one quicker.
You may want to fix that. ;)
oops lol. all fixed! (I should try not to type so fast sometimes. :P )

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Serenith wrote:
meepitco wrote:I understand that. I choose my pets by the hunters theme. The looks come next. Then comes the problem with bonding with them. I've had to release my Sambas because I really wasn't bonded with him. Now, most of the hunters on my server would think I am f*cking crazy, but I don't. Same with Skoll. Same with Ghostcrawler. They're all nice looking pets, but if I don't bond with them, I don't really use them. So I think if it fits into my theme, and I bond with it, they're good.
(Haha.... I remember what you told me about Ghostcrawler. lol) But yeah, I'm sorta the same. Which is why I can't get attached to my red Madexx at the moment. And the bronze clone is the same model, but different coloring yet I bonded with that one quicker.
On my baby hunter, I seem to bond with my tiger more than my green beetle. Weird, eh? I think how we look at it, and how we think of it, is all that matters.

Tumblr is here.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I chose Neither. I think the Eclipsion Dragonhawk from shadowmoon (the pinky-purple one) is the best looking. I had him from when I first hit 69 until just a few months ago. He was gorgeous.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I don't know ... honestly, they both look pretty darn good flying next to your hunter! While the Sunblade Dragonhawk better compliments your Night Elf's hair color, the light purplish-pink hue of your Night Elf's skin is brought out more by your Amani Dragonhawk's pink feathers.

Sarantha brings up a very good point though. The pink and purple plumage found on the Eclipsion Dragonhawk would compliment both aspects in a single pet.

If you have the room in your stables I'd say get them all. Otherwise I'd say keep the Sunblade Dragonhawk or go for the Eclipsion Dragonhawk instead.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising