New Expansion Theorycrafting

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: New Expansion Theorycrafting

Unread post by Fael »

Ryno wrote:
Fael wrote:I don't understand why there'd be something from Outlands there.
Kinda like the OL raptors and wind serpents in Zul'drak. GG Blizz. :lol:
lol that's true! so lazy... >_<
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

that is something i always disliked about the BC expansion when it first came out, raptors, basilisks, hydras and wind serpents etc in outlands, come on Blizz, you were clever enough to come up with a bunch of new alien beasties for half the place, why not for the whole thing? I understand the cost and time saving reasons etc but sheesh, was a rip. the amount of money they make off of us per month must truly be beyond comprehension, and they all they can do is throw a few spikes on existing models?

whats worse, is that now the 'alien' versions of these beasts are now running around in parts of azeroth (azuremyst and bloodmyst isles aside). meh. they have such a huge cash hog to back them up, and such a huge pool of imaginative team members, it seems like a major cop out and waste of opportunity to rehash the same beasts over and over.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Something that might interest you, is that the official explanation is a possible titan interference, meaning that the titans might have shaped more planets than just Azeroth.

But yeah, it's lazy.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Oh I doubt they'd try and explain it away in game, they would have already if they were going to. They could say that the titans did it I guess. They should really add something strongly titan related (outside of the new profession) to Outland somewhere, there's plenty of floating chunks of rock out there that could hold some ruins or something
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Kayb wrote:They should really add something strongly titan related (outside of the new profession) to Outland somewhere,
They should have a titan sitting out somewhere in the twisting nether, where it looks like he's trying to reform some islands, or fighting flying demons... then when you fly from Hellfire to Netherstorm, it'd be like "HOLY POO."

Does it makes sense to lore? Not much.

But does it sound cool? Yes! And that, I believe, goes with Blizz's philosophy.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've actually always loved the concept of stumbling onto some huge creature in some far away corner of the world.

It wouldn't be targetable, and would mainly just be a piece of the scenery/background, but think of what it would be like if you're diving in the ocean and suddenly you see movement...you look off into the fatigue waters and see an enormous sea creature of some sort, like the source of the giant thresher corpses you see on beaches, or the huge snake skeletons.

It would be a 'rare' thing that would appear randomly throughout different places, but I think just the sighting of some huge creature in the depths would be pretty thrilling to see.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:I've actually always loved the concept of stumbling onto some huge creature in some far away corner of the world.

It wouldn't be targetable, and would mainly just be a piece of the scenery/background, but think of what it would be like if you're diving in the ocean and suddenly you see movement...you look off into the fatigue waters and see an enormous sea creature of some sort, like the source of the giant thresher corpses you see on beaches, or the huge snake skeletons.

It would be a 'rare' thing that would appear randomly throughout different places, but I think just the sighting of some huge creature in the depths would be pretty thrilling to see.
Oh, I've always thought the same thing.

I'd want people to swim out, just for the heck of it and be like OH MY GAH!!

Kurapika
Realm: Norgannon

Unread post by Kurapika »

Gryphons can only be found currently in the Hinterlands and are friendly to Alliance players.
Actually there are one or two wild gryphons that are in the Allerac Mountains/ Hillsbrad Foothills area just east of the hinterlands that are attack-able by alliance. I forget the exact cords, but they have been there for years. Actually here's link, although it doesn't show the mobs.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/mob.html?w ... ource=live
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Underwater pets - a must
Land pets - alot of what has been said sounds awesome. Fewer restrictions on already classified beasts would be awesome as would some additional that find their homes in Tropical or desert climates.

I already have such awesome pets, it would be hard to part with one to try the new expansion pets.... but I might ^^.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.