Please help the 1st spirt beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Please help the 1st spirt beast

Unread post by bloodysam »

please help the first spirit beast i have been looking for him for a few weeks now but all i am really doing is going in Sholzar and mining so that can be one of the reasons why does any1 got any suggestions to get him ezer?

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Please help the 1st spirt beast

Unread post by Ryno »

bloodysam wrote:please help the first spirit beast i have been looking for him for a few weeks now but all i am really doing is going in Sholzar and mining so that can be one of the reasons why does any1 got any suggestions to get him ezer?
There's this secret way! No not really. Just keep at it. Also I think this thread is in the wrong area.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Unfortunately there really isn't any way of finding them other than to keep flying in circles and searching. ^^; Nothing you do will make him spawn faster or slower, nor can you accurately predict the time unless you happen to know exactly when it was killed last.

I suggest getting NPCscan or at least making a target macro that you can spam so you don't have to wear out your eyes looking.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Really, NPCscan is the best, cause they always spawn when you're half awake or distracted. It gives off a loud alert sound, which is great cause I was asleep when it when off for Gondria.

Loque I caught the old-fashioned way, via macro, and the only reason I bagged him is because he spawned on top of me.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

NpcScan and every 5 minutes press space while camping one area

it helps if u have multiple accounts i used my pala and my hunter to get skoll took me 1 day of camping (u can use an account of friend of urs or something)

but npcscan is a must as Jangalian said same thing happened to me. I was macroing one day long (didnt have npc scan then) for the timelost protodrake and 2 minutes later i found him dead next to me just because i went for some secs away to get me a drink

with npcscan i was in my bed half asleep when it sounded i had volume MAX and music and the rest of wow off.

Jump out of me bed and got Tlpd.

Although the next day while just farming herbs i found Loq (which is my favourite pet now) Npcscan didnt went off cause i forgot to reset it since i had seen it as a pet in dalaran ;)

So its either lots of luck or lots of patience if u can stand 2 days camping one spot wih multiple accounts ;)

ofcourse if u do that be in party with all the chars ur camping and tag the monster before u go to ur hunter and fly where npcscan took off otherwise there might be another hunter that might tame it infront of u ;)

Good luck hope this helps you out

/cheers Sphax
Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Gacheru »

NPC Scan is great, but NPC Scan Overlay, makes it even better. It throws a colored area over rare creature patrol paths. Then, as you're flying around doing your dailies, it's really easy to stay on those paths to get to where you're going. Have picked up quite a few rares in both Outlands and Northrend that way.
Max
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland PvP

Unread post by Max »

Really? REALLY? _NPCscan is worthless *excuse me* it really is, try out SilverDragon, no clearing cache and works JUST as good without the problem in the city's of it going ''OMG Arcturis''

Check SilverDragon out, it also has a full list of rares in the area, how long ago you targeted them and ''cached''

This also has the sound added to it, its just as good as _NPCscan, just better
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I prefer SilverDragon, as said, because it doesn't target hunter pets (unless they're in the zone they are found in) and you don't need to clear the cache, but you really can't beat NPCscan's BOOMING alert.
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

Turn on Track Beasts.

Make a macro. /target Loque'nahak

Spam it until you find it.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

Well i did have NPCscan before but then some pally told me that Bloodyrare was even better he got every rare and was on the first Sprirt Beast so i got that (after asking my uncle) but still havent been able to find him (but then again i'm only going there to mine which isnt that long.

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Loq is a toughie to get. He is, besides a spectaularly beautiful pet, also on the list of rares for Northrend which means that people will kill him on sight. I happened to get lucky with him as I had gone to the Basin to tame the crocoslime. After bagging said slime I proceeded to bring him around to diff areas to test him out. While attacking the small grp of gorillas near the waterfall Loq popped. I half-heartedly shot back to Nessy's and stabled SnotRocket and flew back fully expecting to find him dead or tamed. To my surprise he was still there wild and free.
There are different attitudes to using the various mods but I will tell you that after two weeks of camping for Skoll I had installed 3 different alert mods and finally got him after a chorus of drums, whistles, and cat meows went off in my earphones.
The trick to Loq as well as any other rare pet is patience. You're a hunter! Be one with the environment and wait silently, patiently, and for as long as it takes.

Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

I spent a TON of time in SB looking for Loque'Nahak and King Krush. I went about it 3 ways depending on what time i could get on.

1. If its during the day and there are a lot of people in the area, offer a small award to anyone who finds and lets you tame him. I offered 500g myself.

2. Ask around to when he was last tamed or killed, if you can find a time check back 12 hours from that time he or at least another rare should be up in the area.

3. Set your alarm clock to wake you up at like 3 in the morning. He might be up just because there is hardly anyone on during that time.

Good luck!

OH! one more thing download the addon NPCscan. It will alert you when you are near a rare. (tho it might just be someone's pet so its not fool proof lol)