A Rare Spawn Beast Missed?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

A Rare Spawn Beast Missed?

Unread post by Flyra »

Today my friend /w me to tell me that he wanted to show me something, I followed him over two zones until we came to the mountains at the bottom of Feralas where there is a long strip of grass (although it doesn't show on the map). I was surprised to see silver-dragon go off and looked down to see a huge Level 87 Rare Chimera below me. I used beast lore and he is tameable..will be in MoP anyway.
He doesn't drop anything but greys, me and my hunter friend managed to kill him but we ourselves died at the last minute due to debuff. We tanked with a bear and a spirit beast who I only had to ress once. I don't know much about him although I think he has been in-game a while and isn't listed under the white chimera's on Petopia. Sorry for the huge image it won't resize.
EDIT: I'm assuming he's an Elite.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: A Rare Spawn Beast Missed?

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

He's actually been around for a while, looks like since at least patch 4.3 - http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16224 but just hasn't been added to the list of pets on the front page of the site yet. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good point. He'll be tameable once we can get more levels. :) I'll add him to the list of additions. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Glad to have helped :). Apparently there used to be a whole island of these things but was removed and they were wiped out but Lakma survived, of course, and is the last. I feel so sorry for him and he's definitely already earned a place in my stable haha :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, the chimaeras there were pretty brutal at level but it was a beautiful place.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.