Terracotta Guardian (Quilen)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Terracotta Guardian (Quilen)

Unread post by Bonita »

I tamed one of the Terracotta Quilen while on the quest to kill them and the mogu. I tamed him while he was active and moving. Once the tame was finish however he turned to stone and will not do anything.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092512_224146.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092512_224146.jpg (275.03 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Terracotta Guardian (Quilen)

Unread post by Wain »

Bonita wrote:I tamed one of the Terracotta Quilen while on the quest to kill them and the mogu. I tamed him while he was active and moving. Once the tame was finish however he turned to stone and will not do anything.
This is a known bug with them. To get one that works you have to tame it while it's stone (you can do that ).

The reason seems to be that those beasts are on a cycle of flesh and stone, controlled by a couple of buffs. The flesh buff has a timer on it, and when it ends it triggers the stone buff.

When you tame something, it strips it of buffs. In this case it causes the flesh timer to end, thus triggering the stone buff. Since the stone buff is applied just after the buff check has happened it's never removed.

At least that's how it seems to work to me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: Terracotta Guardian (Quilen)

Unread post by Bonita »

Ah okay makes sense.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!