MOP Starter Zone - Hunter Taming (Pandaren Tiger)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: MOP Starter Zone - Hunter Taming (Pandaren Tiger)

Unread post by Lisaara »

Jessibelle wrote:Abilities mean squat to me. I want them to be something I like...something I click with.
Also I do apologize if this came off in a negative way. Wasn't meant that way. ^^; Was just quick and to the point.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

You didn't sound negative at all, Jessi.

I cannot see why someone would worry about buffs while leveling, personally. Buffs are only things that I worry about when in raids. I only worried about functionality as a solo companion back when I leveled my hunters-and even then I was looking more at tank vs ferocity then anything else. Now that you can change a pet's spec, even that concern is moot really.

NetBlaise, just go with what you like for now. If it takes you a little longer to kill something then so be it. As long as you are enjoying the game, then all is good.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Shade wrote:You didn't sound negative at all, Jessi.

I cannot see why someone would worry about buffs while leveling, personally. Buffs are only things that I worry about when in raids. I only worried about functionality as a solo companion back when I leveled my hunters-and even then I was looking more at tank vs ferocity then anything else. Now that you can change a pet's spec, even that concern is moot really.

NetBlaise, just go with what you like for now. If it takes you a little longer to kill something then so be it. As long as you are enjoying the game, then all is good.
Was just making sure. ^^;

I agree. Buffs really don't mean much while leveling so that's usually why I just get what I like. When I do raid, well most buffs are covered so I don't even worry much then.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

NetBlaise wrote:Stuff
Just bear in mind not everyone picks pets for OMG MAXXIMUM EXTREME STAT ACTION ACTION ACTION (echo effect here). I get enough of that at end game, I don't need it during leveling. I use what I likes because hey, it's leveling and furthermore, I don't sweat buffs TOO much as I level (Hi, paladins who NEVER touch their stupid buff button). If it has growl and does DPS, it's good enough for soloing. >_>

I can appreciate what you're saying well enough, but honestly, I don't feel that just saying 'Well, no worries if the pet you want is only available when ______ (birds sell real estate/pigs fly/in the starter zone) because X pet has Z buff!' does much, really.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Azunara wrote:Besides, all pets are useless except sporebats. :3
end of thread. Azu wins with best point.

But in all honesty, pick whatever pet suits you the most. They're all good in a way, especially when you're just leveling, pick what looks cool. You can spec them tank, dps, or whatever that third cunning thing is (never use that myself personally). I like a tank pet for when soloing things, and a dps pet when in dungeons.

But yeah, pick a cat if you like cats, pick the cool blue fox Ashtail if you like cool blue foxes, just enjoy the game and try out different combinations. You really don't have to focus on what buff this or that pet brings unless you join a hardcore or progression raiding group later on when you're 90.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Jessibelle wrote:Abilities mean squat to me. I want them to be something I like...something I click with.
A lot of people here assumes that choosing a pet because of a skill doesn't mean one doesn't develop a kinship with his or her companion.

Having said I find that yes, buff means squat but utility like turtle's shell or bird's disarm can be very helpful in a pinch or in a bg.

Yes I do a lot of bgs while levelling. I can honestly say that thanks to my Goblin's monkey poo and my Dwarf's Spider web manage to help my Hunter to get wrecking ball chieve as low as level 20.