Terrorpene vs. Bloodtooth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Terrorpene vs. Bloodtooth

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Ok, for starters, I love the Terrorpene model. Thing is, the new MoP turtles are so great that they're making me consider ditching Terror in favor of Bloodtooth. Obviously, I'm torn. Anyone else in a similar spot?
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Re: Terrorpene vs. Bloodtooth

Unread post by Sesamee »

I had a difficult time bonding to Terrorpene. I think he's gorgeous and a great representation of a Cata pet, I definitely feel affection towards him, but I think I liked him in the wild better. It kinda sucks cause I named mine Daredevil which was one of my favorite pet names ever. With Bloodtooth, now Superman, the attachment was instant. It was one of those bonds you don't have to grow into or figure out. It just is. So suffice it to say as a pet in my stable I'm partial to Bloodtooth.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I'm pretty sure a few people were/are in the same spot as you. I was, but I favored Bloodtooth's model over the Fire Turtle. My biggest problem was parting with the Fire Turtle that was my Testudo, but eventually came to a resolution with some assistance as to how he evolved rather then just tossing out one for the other.

So, go with what you feel is best for you :)

Edited for respect ^_^'
Last edited by Astratia on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Neleyah
Realm: Zirkel des Cenarius [GER]

Unread post by Neleyah »

I just ditched my Terrorpene for an Elder Seadragon and finally got my Bloodtooth/Xuanwu just one hour ago. Now I have two beautiful turtles and really... I'm not missing Terror at all, since a friend still has him. ^^
Meh...I kinda liked his Dante more than my late Terror since ever and longer. O.o" He fits him well, but my Huntress just looked strange next to him... But with Bloodtooth it's simply love.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Meh, to me Bloodtooth looks just like any other MoP turtle. If he actually looked "special" then maybe I could see it...

To me Terrorpene just looks awesome, but I will say that it seems that a lot of people have him and seeing him all over the place my Terrorpene is now in the stable, but I have no desire for another turtle at this time.

To each his own, I guess.

Now if the dang pink crane, Pat, would just let me find him... I would have to figure out another pet to ditch so I can always have an open slot for green Madexx.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Dekota
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Dekota »

Terrorpene by far. Bloodtooth is far too dull and boring to even bother putting the effort into tracking him. At least I found Savage on my first try. When I compared him with my gray tiger...There's hardly no difference between them. Savage is a little brighter with blue eyes. woop-d-effin'-doo ~_~

I like my rares to be flashy and noticeably different. I mean, Humar was different from the other lions in the barrens because compared to the soft tan lions his black really stood out. The dull red color of Bloodtooth BARELY catches the eye. It's quite sad, really.

Edit as a thought popped into my head:

If Bloodtooth was like Chibee where the color wouldn't matter but it's enormous size would..yes! THAT would be one freaking awesome turtle xD

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

I think the initial MoP rares were all about the new tracking mechanic rather than looking really different and unique. We're getting new spirit beasts and maybe more rares in the next patch or two and I love the new mechanic so much that I'm fine with how things are. I also really like the new MoP rares. My Portent, Patrannache, and Bloodtooth are working their way into being favorites already. I think them being rare adds a little something extra but I would have tamed them regardless of status.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Terrorpene is a rather fond companion of mine personally. He made screenshot of the day on the WoW website when he went up against Nemesis and for a month straight he was my campfire during the long and fruitless camp for Time-Lost. He will never be replaced on my troll hunter who shares the bond with him. For my other hunters however, that's a different story. He doesnt click with any of em, not one single hunter can i find that likes him. But Bloodtooth, he's become a permanent ally to my blood elf and i grinded the Huojin rep asap to be able to ride the matching turtle with him alongside me xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Nope. I totally love my Terrorpene, Rammstein, and would never ditch him.

He was love at first sight... The MoP turtles no.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I never cared for turtles so I never went for Terrorpene. Instead I passed him up to another or assisted camping.

Bloodtooth is the first turtle I have considered getting. though I am still torn as I have like three free stable slots left and I really like to nab stompy, savage, and the white water strider. xD

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

I agree, Terrorpene has the "cool" factor but Bloodtooth has the "badass" factor. He just looks ready for battle and is not taking crap from anyone! :headbang:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I like both of them very much and I plan to keep both. They are an excellent soloing pet when specced Ferocity since they retain the shielding ability that kicks in when their health gets low. I couldn't bring myself to ditch Embershell (Terrorpene) It took me too long to finally get him. Bloodtooth I found and tamed the first time I looked for him but he is the perfect match for the Great Red Dragon Turtle mount I plan on having some day if I can ever get around to leveling AdrianMonk, my Pandaren Monk toon.
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Thanks for the input everybody! I ended up catching Bloodtooth so I could get a side-by-side comparison of he and Terrorpene, and finally decided on BT. It boiled down to a few factors, mainly:

A) I really prefer the way the new model works with the turtle skeleton animations

and

B) I already have all five lava spider rares from MF (not to mention Scar), so I'm pretty stocked up on fire-themed pets. :D
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Terrorpene is awesome, Bloodtooth is slowly growing on me tho. I think because I spent ages and a lot of effort getting Terrorpene he's still #1 among the turtles.

I do like how Bloodtooth pops into his shell, but he looks so much like the regular red pandaria turtle that he doesn't feel special.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I ditched Terrorpene on my main Orc hunter with the idea of going after one of the new turtles. Though, I have him on my Troll hunter, so I'm not suffering from withdrawal.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I never, ever really used a turtle as a tank pet. I usually fell back to using Kismet, my Jadefang, or Greymalkin, my rhino. I just could never come to like the turtles that were in game up to Cataclysm. I did tame Terror on my main, but couldn't bond with him, though his idle animation is kinda cute. I abandoned him a long time ago and picked him up on one of my other hunters in case I ever regretted it.

Now Bloodfang was a total whime of a pet to tame. I went down to see if the tracks were up once-they were-and so I went and dragged my best freind-on her shammy-along a taming trail of blood and death. She died-many times-keeping the mobs off me so I could follow footsteps in the sand. We had a great deal of fun doing it-or at least I did, as I thought it was funny as hell. She made me pay her repair bill. >_<

So I tamed him, and was like well now what-I have a turtle I am likely going to ditch-can't do it too soon or my friend would drive down from out of state to tp my car.... So I kept him, named him Gilgamesh as it seemed apt after our trail hunting him.

And... I have gotten ridiculously attached to him. So much so that I am having to respec my Banthalos-one of my favorite models in the game-back to DPS. Hatsu-my Banny-was my tank for most of my leveling in Pandria-but now this turtle is in my main rotation. I don't know what it is about him, I'm just not getting rid of him any time soon.

Plus I have the Great Red Dragon Turtle mount-or whatever it is called, and then Gilgamesh running along beside it? Do the mountspecial on the mount and it pops into it's shell while Gilg sits there looking around in confusion-cracks me up every time....

Yeah I'm easily amused.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Ancient Rankbite. But seriously, roll another hunter.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

For me it's neither :P it will always be Precious, my beloved granny waterturtle. The very first time I've entered an instance, and alone to top it (and quite soon after taking up WoW at all, so it was all a one big /gasp! for me /started playing only in 4.2) it was for her, and her unique model. Ahh, the emotions... I've trap-tamed her and HSed out immediately before something big and nasty would crawl out of those scary caves and eat us :P
But then, when any turtle-owning hunter would run around with nothing else but a mini-nemezis, I would have my own mini-tortolla :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

I have all three, and preference wise, I'll always have a soft spot for TP, but never really bonded with him either.

I may pick up the original Hinterlands black-shelled turtle that I had, because he and I levelled for AGES together.

Mind you I've got Bloodtooth and Gahmoora, but haven't played the hunter a lot recently (so not had a lot of time with BT, although I love Gahmy), as it's taken me ages to get my pally tank levelled to 90 :P
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

pop wrote:Ancient Rankbite.
LOL Yes!

I had Terrorpene, and I love his model. He's an awesome looking thing. But I couldn't bond to him, he just didn't match my hunter. I have Bloodooth right now, and like him a lot more looks and feel-wise. Terror just had this other worldly feel, Bloodtooth is more down to Earth. ;)

But Ancient Rankbites all the way, man.