Acroniss spawn timer

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Elffy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Acroniss spawn timer

Unread post by Elffy »

On the Shadowsong server, I have witnessed Acroniss spawn a total of two times. One at 12am and another today at 2:15pm. Both times I was not able to get the tame off fast enough but gave a congrats to the two who did! So many hunters have been around, many being extremely rude and even threatening to kill it if an opposing faction tries to tame, or someone who was not there as long as them. I really do hope that I get this rare soon and not have it taken or killed in front of me mid tame! What happened with Skarr was terrible. :(

Update! My worst fear came true...mid tame and tagged by me, other hunters were trying to tame also but a low level tauren came in and killed it...Seriously! I wait this long for someone to waltz right in and kill it, even when they wont get the loot? argh. At 6pm this took place and will have to wait till 10pm for yet my 4th shot...I really hope I get this pet soon.

edit: Another spawn at 2:06pm congrats Danzig!

Edit: FINALLY GOT IT! At 5:27pm server time! Thank you to those I talked to and did not kill it!
Last edited by Elffy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Good luck Elffy.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

OK, I need to know:

how exactly does a "spawn timer" work?

does a mob spawn at a specific fixed "time"? (ie: it spawns at noon)

or does it spawn a fixed (or variable) time after it was last killed/tamed?

So if I tamed Acroniss at 6:45 am, it SHOULD have spawned a second time at 10:45, no?

That's 4 hours.

I'm on a bit over 5 hours since early morning tame now, still nothing.

I timed that the next spawn should be at 10:45, I arrived at the spawn site at least 25 minutes in advance, just in case, and have no been waiting a bit over an hour and a half (so 5 hours past the last spawn).

or is the spawn timer "from 4 to 6 hours"?

EDIT********

Wowhead comments are giving Acroniss a spawn timer of as little as 2hrs40 minutes, and as long as 12 hours.

EDIT2*******

it's been nearly 7 hours now since morning tame. still no respawn.
but the upside, killing the same two Twilight's Hammer mobs over and over and over just may get me to exalted with Cenarion circle! LOL

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (H) Wrymrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Isobelle »

I'm looking for him on my 77 hunter and I used Dire Beast while clearing to him and I accidentally killed him :( Waiting for him again now.

Can I claim a blonde moment? A tired moment?
Firstborn Dragon
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Dose he always spawn in the cave? Wowhead shows him also spawning down in the SE corner of the Silithus map. I seem to be the only hunter in the zone either way, but I'd like to know where to camp.

I just nabbed Skyshadow, and I'd like to nab this guy before 5.3 hits, and hunters go crazy with their new spots.

Edit: Just after I post this, while watching a vid on Youtube, he pops up! One more rare off my hunter's rare list.
Apaché
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Apaché »

worst. day. ever. this guy finally spawns for me after a 6 hour wait, 10 minutes after 3 of the 4 hunters logged off for the night. this guy spawned, and me being who i am, presses one instead of two, shooting an arcane shot at him. i'm so stupid. bad me. bad me. the other hunter was still afk. i even wonder at my own stupidity
Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Hatari »

We've all been there, man. :(

Hang in. It can only get better (hopefully).
Firstborn Dragon

Unread post by Firstborn Dragon »

Apaché wrote:worst. day. ever. this guy finally spawns for me after a 6 hour wait, 10 minutes after 3 of the 4 hunters logged off for the night. this guy spawned, and me being who i am, presses one instead of two, shooting an arcane shot at him. i'm so stupid. bad me. bad me. the other hunter was still afk. i even wonder at my own stupidity

I've done the same with another rare I was after. I can't remeber who now, but I know it drove me nuts.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Apaché wrote:worst. day. ever. this guy finally spawns for me after a 6 hour wait, 10 minutes after 3 of the 4 hunters logged off for the night. this guy spawned, and me being who i am, presses one instead of two, shooting an arcane shot at him. i'm so stupid. bad me. bad me. the other hunter was still afk. i even wonder at my own stupidity
Never happened to me fortunately but that might be the fact I purposely decided not to key bind tame. forcing me to mouse click it therefor never able to accidentally derp with a keybind :P.
really sucks it happened :( hope you have better luck next time
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

here is my adventure on finding acrronis. i came to a spawn timer between 3-12h. rough estimate
Video is kinda old. was same bout a day or two after the patch went live and we chased asap after the pet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJP1Xdwj ... GEZo0H5qh8