Amber Parasite tamable!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Amber Parasite tamable!

Unread post by Dialga »

Kurasu wrote:They may not be chibi-sized, but they *do* look big enough to cause the same problems!
I don't know -- they look big considering how tiny they are as their original size and they're very thick, but they're not terribly taller or longer than some of the other BM pets. Not saying they won't get shrunk, but they're not too horribly oversized in my opinion.
comparing.jpg
comparing.jpg (143.83 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, they are about twice the length of the rhino, and are a complete solid mass compared to the Devilsaur which you can see around. I do think that if they are to stay...they should get a bit smaller, I find mine gets in the way of a lot of things and I can see some issues with pvp due to size obstruction.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, if its any indication of their size, I actually had someone run away from mine and then start swearing :lol:
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Teigan wrote:Well, if its any indication of their size, I actually had someone run away from mine and then start swearing :lol:
Please tell me you have this recorded. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

ImmaGoku
Realm: Borean Tundra (US)

Unread post by ImmaGoku »

During the scheduled maintenance nothing has changed, this is my first time finding a bugged pet, so does this mean we're good to go or something?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Not necessarily. Remember, stuff like appearance buff pets, heck even the fire pet, was removed at a later date.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

There's been no official word on them yet, nor have the bugs been fixed (no burrow animation, massive size, not gaining health after taming), so the results are inconclusive. Still, that they weren't immediately taken away from us is positive, though it's no guarantee of anything.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Indeed! Here's hoping they let us keep these guys.

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Just curious, but did these have diets prior to being able to be tamed? I know there are a lot of things that have diets even though they can't be tamed.

Anyway, out of curiosity and wanting to find something new, I was checking each of the ones I came across while doing Naxx. Green and yellow maggots had diets, but were marked as "unable to tame" when I checked them. I don't remember if I checked these grubs anymore, but I think I did and they turned up the same result. Although from the look of it, the grubs got a model change. They went from looking like the yellow maggots to the toothed purple/pink maggot. The change is making me wonder if I really did check them. Why would they just so happen to change the model to the toothed version and then all the sudden people find a toothed version that's tameable? Either way, just thought I'd toss that in even though it's not helpful or new information.

Maybe it was intended to be added in the next patch, or another future patch, and somehow they wormed their way into this one.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

its obvious THIS was what we where to be hyped about taming in 5.1!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zangor wrote:its obvious THIS was what we where to be hyped about taming in 5.1!
And the 150 rares, arcane wyrms, and Bombyx count for nothing then, eh? :P

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

Kalliope wrote:
Zangor wrote:its obvious THIS was what we where to be hyped about taming in 5.1!
And the 150 rares, arcane wyrms, and Bombyx count for nothing then, eh? :P

now your getting it :) lol nah they count for alot too ;)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Must... get... o.o

Why, oh why haven't I read the forum before doing my dailies? I had this quest just yesterday... T.T

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Myrrmi wrote:Must... get... o.o

Why, oh why haven't I read the forum before doing my dailies? I had this quest just yesterday... T.T
You don't need the quest to tame. :) Just go to the area where the quest is done and start attacking. Even though you can't see the debuff on them without the quest, it's still there and the worms will spawn.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Seilahyn wrote:
Anyway, out of curiosity and wanting to find something new, I was checking each of the ones I came across while doing Naxx. Green and yellow maggots had diets, but were marked as "unable to tame" when I checked them.
Mis-link here. The NPC that now has a diet (and got a model change) is mutated grub. I just happened to notice this my own self while doing a run (although I didn't register they had a model change; I'd forgotten what they looked like). And yes, they have a diet, and the diet is identical to those of worms.

The green and yellow mentioned are now beasts, but have no diet and cannot be tamed.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh yeah. The mislink was later on after the part you quoted and I just noticed it. The grubs I linked later were the ones that got a model change to the fanged model(the one with the wrong link posted by accident). I meant the one you gave. It must not have copied when I clicked copy and I never noticed. So I DID check those then. I knew I remember checking something in there that turned up with a diet.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I just find it weird they updated the models of something in Naxx. >_>

I can't help but feel that this is an intentional thing. xD (Like, these were supposed to be the "big" new thing we could tame in 5.2, but one got flagged early or something)
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Myzou wrote:I just find it weird they updated the models of something in Naxx. >_>

I can't help but feel that this is an intentional thing. xD (Like, these were supposed to be the "big" new thing we could tame in 5.2, but one got flagged early or something)
I share the same thought. When I saw the one in Naxx with a diet, then when I later looked it up to see that it had just had it's model changed as well, I thought it was too much of a coincidence for it to not be intended. Then again, could be wrong. I don't care for the model at all, but I am amused by some of the names posted here. Graboid I think is honestly the best.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Actually, the Naxx models were updated quite a while ago. If you check Wain's listing, you'll see that the warty model was listed as a 'Mutated Grub' and that, at the time of his posting, it was uncategorized. :)

The category to 'Beast' was done sometime fairly recently (5.0 or 5.1), but the actual change to its model was done before July 23rd, 2011 (his last edit on it). It's just that no one noticed it. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Kurasu wrote:Actually, the Naxx models were updated quite a while ago. If you check Wain's listing, you'll see that the warty model was listed as a 'Mutated Grub' and that, at the time of his posting, it was uncategorized. :)

The category to 'Beast' was done sometime fairly recently (5.0 or 5.1), but the actual change to its model was done before July 23rd, 2011 (his last edit on it). It's just that no one noticed it. :D
Coupled with the fact that Naxx got a tweak in the form of companion pets being added, it could have simply been the developers fiddling in there and deciding 'hey, I should really categorize these things' as they worked. Could be useful for Scare Beast and such. If this was a 5.1 change, I really wouldn't take too much out of it.