WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 119
Location: Netherlands
Realm: Earthen Ring EU
Gender: Female
I was doing a part of the 5.1 alliance side questline a few days ago (Just forgot to post this) and ended up with a quest telling me to kill some sunreaver dragonhawks... There were the usual red and orange dragonhawks, but also, the armored one.

As you can see in the screenshot I took, the model seems to lack a death animation, and possibly other animations we just won't get to see (as we can't tame it). Seems to me this is a good reason to change Sunwing to the black skin, much like they changed the worm (whose name I forgot, sorry)

And yes, I tried both with beast lore and tame beast, none of the dragonhawks here are tameable, sadly :(


Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_121412_221953.jpg [335.93 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Sometimes... It's the little things that matter most


My Tumblr: http://sacrificial-pact.tumblr.com/
Avatar is part of a valentine's gift involving my blood elf monk Tyrinne, full version here http://puddingdragon94.deviantart.com/a ... -433898732 <3
Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 pm
Posts: 602
Melissa wrote:
I was doing a part of the 5.1 alliance side questline a few days ago (Just forgot to post this) and ended up with a quest telling me to kill some sunreaver dragonhawks... There were the usual red and orange dragonhawks, but also, the armored one.

As you can see in the screenshot I took, the model seems to lack a death animation, and possibly other animations we just won't get to see (as we can't tame it). Seems to me this is a good reason to change Sunwing to the black skin, much like they changed the worm (whose name I forgot, sorry)

And yes, I tried both with beast lore and tame beast, none of the dragonhawks here are tameable, sadly :(


O.o Interesting find. And yeah, that would make sense as to why they swapped Sunwing.

_________________

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks (so close :()
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

1 down, 5 to go!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
That makes perfect sense.

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 6478
Gender: Male
Well spotted :)

There are two models of dragonhawk. While I think they're pretty much identical in form, they seem to use a different skeleton. The beast version is more upright, the riding version more horizontal when idle.

The riding version does seem to lack some key animations, and that was the model Sunwing was using. Oddly, the armoured skin *is* available for the regular beast model, and it works fine on that model, but it hasn't been used. It's only present in a lower case version in the database for that model, which seems to mean that it hasn't been used or activated or something for that model. I'm actually not sure exactly what's involved, but skins always get a capitalized version when they're active. It certainly could be used, though. Hopefully it will again soon :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 13586
Location: On the PTR (of course!)
Realm: Dethecus
As for the comparison to The Deep Tunneler, his problem wasn't a lack of animations, but rather, a lack of a lower body, so he looked really odd in underwater areas, for example.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
Silly Kalli...we all know he was using Portals to swim underwater....XD

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 13586
Location: On the PTR (of course!)
Realm: Dethecus
Junrei wrote:
Silly Kalli...we all know he was using Portals to swim underwater....XD


And he got stuck. :?

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to LupisDarkmoon/Moonlost/Ket Shi/Karin/Thorka/Neilaren for the avatars and Vephriel (x3) & Methuselah/Pengupuff/Karin/TheDoomCookie (x2) & LupisDarkmoon/Thorka/TygerDarkstorm & LupisDarkmoon for the signatures!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
Kalliope wrote:
Junrei wrote:
Silly Kalli...we all know he was using Portals to swim underwater....XD


And he got stuck. :?

Kinda. XD The other portal was...um...in some other dimension.

Don't tell GLaDOS he lost the portal!

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Portland, ME
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)
Gender: Female
The riding dragonhawks also lack a /mountspecial; I guess I'm not surprised they're lacking some other animations too. (has been lobbying for dragonhawk mount /mountspecial for yeaaaarrrrssss)

_________________

Coxy#1419
Neilaren
Image
- SoundCloud (My Music) - Youtube Channel (My Videos) - Sketch Blog (My Drawings) -

Avatars by Seilahyn



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
Neilaren wrote:
The riding dragonhawks also lack a /mountspecial; I guess I'm not surprised they're lacking some other animations too. (has been lobbying for dragonhawk mount /mountspecial for yeaaaarrrrssss)

I'm right there with you. <3

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 10514
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
They don't have a /mountspecial? how the hell have I missed that for all these years XD

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 am 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
cowmuflage wrote:
They don't have a /mountspecial? how the hell have I missed that for all these years XD


You used them in flying areas so space never (would have) produced anything but fly up?

They could probably just use the armored skin on the regular model and give that to Sunwing, like they did (talking about unexpected skin usage) with those blue bears in western Krasarang who use Arcturis skin on regular bear model.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 629
Realm: Altar of storms
Gender: Female
anyone else notice that the dragonhawk is a greenish tinted color? wasent the original sunwing a darker color with armor?

_________________

Image


While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 119
Location: Netherlands
Realm: Earthen Ring EU
Gender: Female
Akyo wrote:
anyone else notice that the dragonhawk is a greenish tinted color? wasent the original sunwing a darker color with armor?


I targetted the mob to show it's actually dead (and not just standing still or anything) mobs always light up a bit when you target or mouse over them

_________________

Sometimes... It's the little things that matter most


My Tumblr: http://sacrificial-pact.tumblr.com/
Avatar is part of a valentine's gift involving my blood elf monk Tyrinne, full version here http://puddingdragon94.deviantart.com/a ... -433898732 <3


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
Zhinru wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
They don't have a /mountspecial? how the hell have I missed that for all these years XD


You used them in flying areas so space never (would have) produced anything but fly up?

They could probably just use the armored skin on the regular model and give that to Sunwing, like they did (talking about unexpected skin usage) with those blue bears in western Krasarang who use Arcturis skin on regular bear model.

/mountspecial does the same as hitting the space bar would have. :)

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 7543
Location: I have no idea
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Both in-game and RL
Junrei wrote:
Zhinru wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
They don't have a /mountspecial? how the hell have I missed that for all these years XD


You used them in flying areas so space never (would have) produced anything but fly up?

They could probably just use the armored skin on the regular model and give that to Sunwing, like they did (talking about unexpected skin usage) with those blue bears in western Krasarang who use Arcturis skin on regular bear model.

/mountspecial does the same as hitting the space bar would have. :)


But you'd need to type it in or make a macro which isnt usually the norm for most players :P (i love my macro tho >.> i love doing air flips in flight form xD)

_________________

Image
Moonstrike by Snafflewyrm

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising | The Bonekeeper's Journal (Flight Rising Tumblr blog)



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Posts: 445
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: male
Xakaal wrote:
But you'd need to type it in or make a macro which isnt usually the norm for most players :P


Exactly. You rarely see /mountspecial of fliers because it takes extra few seconds of our precious time. I'm not surprised Pandaren keep telling us to slow down.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 629
Realm: Altar of storms
Gender: Female
Melissa wrote:
Akyo wrote:
anyone else notice that the dragonhawk is a greenish tinted color? wasent the original sunwing a darker color with armor?


I targetted the mob to show it's actually dead (and not just standing still or anything) mobs always light up a bit when you target or mouse over them


i do realise that, after playing the game for many years. But that dident answere my question. wasent the original Sunwing a darker color?

_________________

Image


While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 7543
Location: I have no idea
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Both in-game and RL
Akyo wrote:
Melissa wrote:
Akyo wrote:
anyone else notice that the dragonhawk is a greenish tinted color? wasent the original sunwing a darker color with armor?


I targetted the mob to show it's actually dead (and not just standing still or anything) mobs always light up a bit when you target or mouse over them


i do realise that, after playing the game for many years. But that dident answere my question. wasent the original Sunwing a darker color?


Sunwing used the mount model that you acquire through the Argaent Tournament which is a lighter color then current Sunwing, almost like a blend of the grey and black dragonhawks, but he was changed to the black skin since the grey skin was already implimented at the time of the change as Manas from Winterspring (all within the PTR before it became live of course)

Edit: Make that a dirty brownish blend of the black and grey skins, the picture in the opening post is the exact model the tournament dragonhawks and Sunwing use/used

_________________

Image
Moonstrike by Snafflewyrm

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising | The Bonekeeper's Journal (Flight Rising Tumblr blog)



Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 15294
Location: Kun-Lai
Realm: Moon Guard/Icecrown
Gender: Female
Actually a lot of players use /mountspecial. I've lurked at Halfhill and Stormwind and Orgrimmar to know. *giggles* People will do it just for the hell of it. Perks of being on a high pop server I suppose.

_________________

Image
JunreiDragcaveMagistreamFlight Rising
Sig Credits to Ashaine, Kamoodle, Sookie, Kurenio, Serenith, Ket Shi, Nili, Rongar, Britany, TheDoomcookie, Vyndara, and Vephriel!
Avatar Credits to Samskeyti, Moonlost, Lupisdarkmoon, Nili, Britany, Kasstra, Seilahyn, and Vephriel!



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group